Well folks, as you may know, many sites were down for a few days, so it wasn't possible to get to this; however, since they came back up, and it was a holiday weekend, I gave you guys an extra day for voting, and I can see most of you used it. First, I hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend filled with chocolate and awkward family gatherings. So... let's get down to business.
There are many different aspects to this site. Aside from the wiki portion of ComicVine, we also have a review section and a forum filled with artists and writers alike. One area that gets passed over quite a bit is the FanFiction section. We have a lot of strong writers in that section, so this week ComicVine, and the users who voted in the voting thread, decided to honor one of the greats: TypingKira!
- TypingKira (TK) helps people out and then puts an exclamation point on the end of it to ensure awesomeness.TK started the Writers Helping Writers Thread, in the forums, and the point of said thread is a place for writers to sit back and talk about everything writing-related, and mainly the process of writing. Check the thread out to find out how insane writers truly are.
- Ever wanted to become a better writer? Check out TK's blog " Tips for writing a fan fiction." TK discusses one of my favorite things in great detail... Grammar! Aside from that, learn a bit about developing a concept and character. Solid stuff.
- Another way TK helps out the writing community on Comic Vine is by setting up the Fan Fiction Reviews where user review each other's work. Constructive criticism is the key to finding your own flaws in your writing and becoming, overall, a much better wordsmith.
- TK talks about their love of fan fiction and how they got to the point they're at now in the blog " The evolution of a fandom."
Fan Fiction Cray-zay!
- Where to start? I dunno. How about the, so far, 9 chapter Fan Fiction called "The Midguardian?" Is it epic? Yes. Is it well written? Yes. Should you read it? Yes! Here's all 9 chapters: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9. Did you read it all? I hope so... I'm actually on 4 now... I'm working on it though.
- That was pretty epic, eh? But wait... there's more. Check out TK's blog "Asguardian" which runs 22 chapters. Start at Chapter 1 for reading goodness.
Let's all raise our glasses and give TypingKira a round of applause in the form of congratulatory posts within this thread, and plenty of high fives for all their work in a truly under-appreciated thread!
We'll be back this Friday with the Community Star, and the voting thread will be up on Thursday!