Comicstorian vs ComicsExplained?

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Comicstorian vs ComicsExplained? (41 votes)

Comicstorian 20%
ComicsExplained 56%
Both 24%

I recently got into both of these Youtubers. They do a great job presenting themselves and comics imo.

Which one of these guys do you prefer if you've seen their videos? This goes as far as their explanations and their knowledge, as well as their style in general on YouTube.

Personally like both

• 
Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsExplained. Comicstorian is nice and I'd argue more entertaining, but Rob is way more informative and goes beyond a simple recap.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsExplained

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Explained. He goes way more into detail.

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob Corp!

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both. If anything Comicsexplained

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob Corps!

Comics Explained does exactly this, he explains the damn comics. Sure, he's enthusiastic (especially once he stopped sticking to scripts) and can go off on a tangent but the videos teach and entertain. His rundown of the Onslaught story is fantastic (watch it and I guarantee you'll laugh when he gets to the Apocalypse part) and I've learnt so much about DC from his videos.

Comicstorian might be entertaining but all he's really doing is acting out the comics. It's like asking someone to explain a movie plot only for then to reenact the scenes. Nice, fun, but not entirely helpful.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicstorian is to dramatic and Rob is just boring at times

I like Dopespill better than both

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#8 wildvine  Moderator

Rob Corp. Though he needs to proofread his scripts because he says "basically" a tad too much

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics Explained easily Rob Corp. For Life

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Rob Corp

Though they are friends and have shared the same program at times, Rob does a great job. His above Omega series was quite good and he actually shows great scans of previous arcs to build up to the moment

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicsexplained

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like both, my only thing is they can be kinda click bate with the titles. "This character vs Marvel's Superman(Sentry)" :p

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Comicstorian.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DanMarshall

I prefer watching Benny's videos, Rob just puts me to sleep and I don't want someone telling me the ins & outs of stories, I prefer to learn them myself. If I do watch something Rob puts out its usually just to check out the artwork of someone im not familiar with if Benny doesn't have a video for it already.

Personally I prefer Comic Pop over those 2 when it comes down to just enjoyment of the videos. Comic Pop has the more amusing Ben.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicstorian is better if you want to be entertained, while ComicsExplained is more informative.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy both and DopeSpill is great.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By stormshadow_x

Two different kinds.

Benny is actually telling you the story in an entertaining way but isn't really meant to explain anything.

Rob is actually breaking down and explaining a story.

In other words Benny is the kind of guy that will get you into comics while Rob will be the one to help you understand it. Both are great channels and I'm glad they're friends who know each other in real life. My only issue is that if you're a battle forum geek than you shouldn't really listen to them too much as they are one of the last few comicbook fans who care more about story that feats to use in a debabte lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

Comicpop>>>both

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicsexplained because imo he won the debate of deadpool vs batman

Doramilajeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both are great! Dopespill too!

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By plotweapon16255

Comicstorian's storytelling gives characters point of view.

comicsexplained is informative but his storytelling is 3rd person point of view.

ZackAttack14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy both but I prefer comics explained. I really like the in depth discussion over just having things read back.

Chabrinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: You're joking right. Dopespill is has the most monotone voice I've heard in comics. Doesn't go into much detail or any analysis. Also his videos are on the same stuff. No big variety in the characters or stories he covers. 80% of his videos are on hulk or spiderman. He doesn't put nearly as much time or effort into his videos as Rob or Ben. He seems like a nice guy who loves comics and just wants to have fun and give people quick recaps about his favourite characters but Rob and Ben both have many different types of videos/series which include some on pure analysis of characters, stories, and the companies themselves. Yes Ben's videos might be a bit over the top but he wants to immerse you into the story as much as possible and clearly gets very excited about the comics. He also built his following on his enthusiasm and story telling abilities. Rob is quite different from Ben but you cannot say that Dopespill's videos are more boring than his. They literally do the exact same thing but Rob does it better. Rob has longer videos, goes more in depth to the story, has recaps, doesn't skip things or entire issues, analyses the story, has way more video variety, and much more change in his voice/enthusiasm. Dopespill's videos are also almost entirely Marvel. Not necessarily a bad thing but Rob's and Ben's channels are quite evenly split between DC and Marvel which I'd say makes them much better content creators.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicstorian easily.