Comics you cant go on with life without reading

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkchild

i think their are certain books that a person should not go on with life without reading.

Transmetropolitan-because its funny and Spider makes so many damn points in his own way, it makes you think that the environment within the comic are not that far off from coming true.

Preacher-Its just that good of a read and Garth Ennis best work

Hitman-Funny as hell and it shows the other side of good and evil the side that fits right between them. The main character Tommy has a code and he sticks to it no matter what.

Kingdom Come- Just get it, just get it

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hagane Enna

I do definitely agree with the Hitman suggestion. He is so very worth the effort.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Methos

I completely agree with that list but i'll add a few to it that i highly reccomend.

Fathom - Michael Turners finest work, ever!

The Darkness - Jackie Estacado is perhaps one of the most memorable characters in comics today, if you haven't read any Darkness stuff yet, i suggest you do so.

Batman Hush - Amazing story

Batman NoMans Land - In my opinion the best Batman arc ever

Batman Killing Joke - seriously, it's that good.

Crisis on Infinite Earths - Amazing story, the original crisis that started it all.

The Authority - Warren Ellis' amazing story, seriously it's well worth the effort to hunt down.

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

House of M

Avengers Dissembled

Civil War

Days of Future Pasts

Age of Apocalypse

Here Comes Tomorrow

Villains United

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Walkingstone

Doktor Sleepless

Fell

Hatter M

Black Summer

The Authority

Preacher

Hellblazer

Midnighter

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Walkingstone

And I forgot Buffy and Astonishing X-men, Runaways and Young Avengers.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

"I completely agree with that list but i'll add a few to it that i highly reccomend. Fathom - Michael Turners finest work, ever! The Darkness - Jackie Estacado is perhaps one of the most memorable characters in comics today, if you haven't read any Darkness stuff yet, i suggest you do so. Batman Hush - Amazing story Batman NoMans Land - In my opinion the best Batman arc ever Batman Killing Joke - seriously, it's that good. Crisis on Infinite Earths - Amazing story, the original crisis that started it all. The Authority - Warren Ellis' amazing story, seriously it's well worth the effort to hunt down. M"

i haveread almost all of the batman u stated didnt really like hush but it kept me reading.

i will try to get a hold of some Darkness

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Sparda

Dark Knight Returns

V For Vendetta

Those are the only two that I've read that I consider so awesome you must read it, but then again, I haven't read KC or Earth X and whatnot.

The Ion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Ion

Methos says:

"I completely agree with that list but i'll add a few to it that i highly reccomend. Fathom - Michael Turners finest work, ever! The Darkness - Jackie Estacado is perhaps one of the most memorable characters in comics today, if you haven't read any Darkness stuff yet, i suggest you do so. Batman Hush - Amazing story Batman NoMans Land - In my opinion the best Batman arc ever Batman Killing Joke - seriously, it's that good. Crisis on Infinite Earths - Amazing story, the original crisis that started it all. The Authority - Warren Ellis' amazing story, seriously it's well worth the effort to hunt down. M"

i read crisis on infintie world it didn't do anything for i'm sorry but to me it wasn't good

MrsJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By MrsJ

BATMAN

The Killing Joke: this is an interesting origin of the Joker, must read

The Long Halloween: a book I recommend to ALL Batman fans

A Death in the Family: You get to see the Joker kill Jason Todd, now who doesn't want to see that!?

And many, many others.