Comics that SHOULD be graphic novels but not.

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By SilverZeo

Basically list the comic book seires/ event that you think should be made into graphic novels, or at least republish in Showcase/Essential collection. My list with DC since I have the most interest in the comics from then

Superman/Batman Generations III: I read most of the reivews of the issues on Superman's Homapge, and they seem pretty cool. They already have the first and second run in novels, but what about this one?

Young Justice: I want to by the series but it hard to found issues and the grahic novels that were publish are being priced for a king's ransom! I want to see kid superheroes be kid supereores before they became titans. This includes 'World without Young Justice' and 'Sins of Youth' I know DC can't use the word Superboy anymore, but isn't the seires covered on Grandfather Clause or something? It didn't stop DC to continue the Teen Titans and Death of Superman novels.

Impulse: You think after killing Bart in a filler Flash series, DC would try to milk grieving fans by releasing the classic series that made us all love that reckless youth in the first place.

Kamandi: DC have made volumes for the first 20 issues, but left the other 40 from out to dry.

Has DC publish a Graphic Novel that shows Spoiler for the first time like they did with Bart in the Flash?

Avatar image for dinahlancequeen
dinahlancequeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dinahlancequeen

YES on Young Justice.
YES on Impulse.

I want to see Simon Dark get collected soon.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Black Panther, volume 3.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The Enigma
Nightwing issues 61-99

New X-Men (Kyle and Yost) in hardback.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself
SilverZeo said:
"Basically list the comic book seires/ event that you think should be made into graphic novels, or at least republish in Showcase/Essential collection. My list with DC since I have the most interest in the comics from then

Superman/Batman Generations III: I read most of the reivews of the issues on Superman's Homapge, and they seem pretty cool. They already have the first and second run in novels, but what about this one?

Young Justice: I want to by the series but it hard to found issues and the grahic novels that were publish are being priced for a king's ransom! I want to see kid superheroes be kid supereores before they became titans. This includes 'World without Young Justice' and 'Sins of Youth' I know DC can't use the word Superboy anymore, but isn't the seires covered on Grandfather Clause or something? It didn't stop DC to continue the Teen Titans and Death of Superman novels.

Impulse: You think after killing Bart in a filler Flash series, DC would try to milk grieving fans by releasing the classic series that made us all love that reckless youth in the first place.

Kamandi: DC have made volumes for the first 20 issues, but left the other 40 from out to dry.

Has DC publish a Graphic Novel that shows Spoiler for the first time like they did with Bart in the Flash?

"
why can't they use superboy anymore?
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Titans Hunt

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SilverZeo
danhimself said:
"why can't they use superboy anymore?
"
It was a lawsuit thing. Appartenly DC stole Jerry Siegle's idea of Superboy when he was war and the family won the rights around the time Conner died. Funny that. So now DC can't use the word Superboy at all, they just use Kon or Conner now.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nighthunter
SilverZeo said:
"danhimself said:
"
It was a lawsuit thing. Appartenly DC stole Jerry Siegle's idea of Superboy when he was war and the family won the rights around the time Conner died. Funny that. So now DC can't use the word Superboy at all, they just use Kon or Conner now.
"
what the? you got it all wrong pal

DC didn't steal the idea of Superman, there's a thread about the lawsuit, you can check it there
SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SilverZeo
Nighthunter said:
"SilverZeo said:
"danhimself said:
"
"
what the? you got it all wrong pal

DC didn't steal the idea of Superman, there's a thread about the lawsuit, you can check it there
"
but either way, its a kick in the pants.

On a side note, I would like DC kids to print some of their older shows as comics, like SWAT Kats or even Road Rovers, but do you think it's been too long, they still air SWAt Kats on Boomerang (which I don't have) and Road Rovers are in popular demand by the fans

Also Disney had a pretty wicked stroyline with most of the old afternoon cartoon shows called the "Legend of the Chaos God" basically an amulet containing an evil wizard keeps fallng into the hands of characters from TaleSpin, Rescue Rangers, GoofTroop,  Duck Tales , and Darkwing Duck. I saw it as a music video on YouTube, but can't seem to find it now.
zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zero edge

Darkwing Duck is the shizzle

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SilverZeo

I hope they put Knuckles' series in Graphic Novels soon, it gave him an interesting background story back when he was a big hit when he first appeared.