Comics that need continuing

Zombiebite1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Zombiebite1888

Watchmen, 1986 til 2012, nothing. Now we are receiving seven minis and a one-shot. While that is exciting it got me wondering, what other classics are there to be expanded upon? What gems for one reason or another just never got past the first few graphic novels, mini series, or even its first run. Properties like Men in Black or Batman: Year 100 comes to mind. I mention MIB because although it had a few one-shots directly after the initial movie release we haven't had anything in years despite several very successful movie sequels, plural because we all know the next one is going to hit big. I would love to see some sort of continuation of the original Aircel publications, whether its by the original creator or a new team. I would love to here any other titles anyone would like to throw in ring (All-Star Batman and Robin to name one Frank,Hint Hint).

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Inverno

All-Star Batman and Robin is very unlikely to continued and I sincerely doubt most people want that. If aren't familiar they were a poorly-written Sin City comic with a Batman paint job by Frank Miller, who now has descended into complete insanity and can't no longer be considered a respected creator anymore.

Sorry for my bad english

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By utotheg38

None let sleeping dogs lie

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By JonesDeini

@utotheg38 said:

None let sleeping dogs lie

Yeah, what you said.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Frank Miller shouldn't even be allowed to pick up a pen anymore. The man comes off as a crackhead now.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Eerie as a monthly title. Hell, the resurrection of Warren as a whole would excite me to no end.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Inverno

@Illuminatus said:

Frank Miller shouldn't even be allowed to pick up a pen anymore. The man comes off as a crackhead now.

As if he needs to be a writer. Since his attacks on the Occupy Wall Street his descent into complete and utter madness is complete, he is turned into a parody of himself.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CaioTrubat said:

@Illuminatus said:

As if he needs to be a writer. Since his attacks on the Occupy Wall Street his descent into complete and utter madness is complete, he is turned into a parody of himself.

Did you see Alan Moore giving him the written beatdown of a lifetime in response to him denigrating the Occupy Wall Street folks? Fricking amazing.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Inverno

@Illuminatus said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@Illuminatus said:

Did you see Alan Moore giving him the written beatdown of a lifetime in response to him denigrating the Occupy Wall Street folks? Fricking amazing.

Oh yes I did. I love how he pointed out that if they were dressed like Batman Miller would totally side with them. (Considering how Anonymous uses V from Vendetta as their symbol :-P)

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CaioTrubat said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@Illuminatus said:

Oh yes I did. I love how he pointed out that if they were dressed like Batman Miller would totally side with them. (Considering how Anonymous uses V from Vendetta as their symbol :-P)

Miller is just pissy they weren't all dressed up like Marv.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Blood1991

I was upset about Herc and Heroes for hire ending I was enjoying both quite abit.

Zombiebite1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zombiebite1888

Not to start a Frank Miller debate or anything I would have to disagree about All-Star. I thought it was one of the funniest and most absurd take on the whole Batman saga. Miller took every single one of Batman's attributes and crunk them to eleven revealing an almost paranoid schizophrenic obsessed on justice and enough clearity to know when he has gone too far. I really don't think its fair to compare this to Sin City or any of Miller's past Dark Knight contributions as this has a completely different tone than other works he has produced. I would also defend DK2 for the same reason. Granted I didn't enjoy it as much as DKR I still feel that it gets slandered simply because it failed to carbon copy preconceived notions for what a "Frank Miller" Batman schematic should consist of.

Zombiebite1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zombiebite1888

@DoomDoomDoom: I have never ran across Eerie before, could you tell me a bit about it or point me in the right direction? I love discovering new and classic books that have been hidden in the mountain of crossover event of the week fluff.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Inverno

@Zombiebite1888: Don't want insult your taste or anything, there is nothing wrong liking ASBAR but poor characterization was not the main problem. Painfully sluggish pacing and the late release schedule running from 2005 to 2008 easily made this comic a pain to sit through at the time; they promised a new series since the issue n. 6 but they still haven't released and considering the negative feedback, they aren't exactly in a hurry to release this soon. I have to disagree with in comparing this with Sin City because his every work after this followed it in one way or another. Even though Sin City is a fantastic take on noir-styles in comics and some of the stories are even entertaining, but it set a precedent for him that he haven’t gotten away. All of his artwork since Sin City has followed that same blocky, noir style even when it’s in color. He spent so much time working on Sin City that it’s become his standard mode of writing, with choppy, brief sentences that have become a parody in themselves of the grim ‘n gritty era, which him himself derided as “stupid.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Zombiebite1888: Eerie, the series started out as a strict horror anthology (Literally the cousin to Creepy) but in the latter issues branched out quite a bit with with reoccurring characters and some science-fiction as well as swords and sorcery undertones. My favorite comic series by far, I'm a bit obsessed with it lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

None. Self-contained stories are complete and, usually, perfect as they are.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

@JediXMan said:

None. Self-contained stories are complete and, usually, perfect as they are.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Saren

All Star B&R will be a cult classic one day, wait and see.