@knighthood: Glad to hear other agree!

AFTERLIFEJOSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By AFTERLIFEJOSH

Batman, because Scott Snyder is a perfect fit for writing Batman. And I enjoy watching Batman struggle right now.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By sora_thekey

I think I consider Joe the Barbarian my favorite comic book series. Like many other readers, I found Joe as a very relatable character. Like Joe I was bullied when I was younger, I also love to draw and have a very active imagination. It was not hard to fall in love with the concept of a kid literally loosing himself in his own fantasy world. This being something I often did, Joe Manson then became one of my favorite comic book characters of all time, up there with Gwen Stacy and Sora from Kingdom Hearts. This was the first time I read a Grant Morrison book, and I am very happy I wasn't let down.

On another note, great News Vid. Thanks Sara.

sergyanime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By sergyanime

My favorite comic book right now is amazing spiderman. Ever since Dan slot started big time spiderman we have seen peter go to places he had never really gone. I think that this has show some of the best character development of a marvel character in a long time. I don't know what slott has planed but I plan on picking up every issue of his run.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By thatlad

They're some awful glasses

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By SolthesunGod

Age of Apocalypse

This is such an under appreciated book. DAVID LAPHAM is really crafting a worthy successor to the original Age of Apocalypse here. So far there's been some fantastic world buliding; we're seen the rise of the unemployment office, a take on Marx and all of the new characters have been really fantastic. There's a real bleakness here. It's great to read a new book and feel it's not being dumbed down to be "new reader friendly". The art by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE has also been phenomenal, incredibly fluid.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Xshinobi

Wow Sara is really starting to look my crazy neighbour...this is getting creepy.

Holuntron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Holuntron

I love Batman, Batwoman, and The FLash, among others, but I would have to say my favorite is still probably Invincible. Its story is written so well and the characterizations are great, plus the art is fantastic. It is probably one of the best comics I have ever read and continues to be.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By ClawFist

My favorite title right now and has been since they revamped the team with Wolverine at the helm is X-Force / Uncanny X-Force. The last volume was good, but the Uncanny Volume is GREAT. I find myself enjoying DC's Superboy and Teen Titans too, as well as Batman, Earth 2, and I can't wait on The Ravagers and Marvel's Captain Marvel!

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By tomchu

Uncanny X-Men has to be singlehandedly my most favourite comic book series. UXM is pretty much the reason why i started reading comics. It is amazing because it deals with problems not for the sake of heroics, but because it actually has real world relevance. Racism, comradery and fighting for what you believe in have all been outlined in it. If I think about it, non of the individual members of the X-Men appeal to me, but when they work together, the synergy they create as a team fighting for the same dream is brilliant.

DDangelico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By DDangelico

My favorite right now has to be Saga.

It's only three issues in and already there is so much heart on display. Not to mention crazy sci-fi as well. Fiona Staples art is always fantastic, and of course, we all know how damn good BKV is.

kimjoshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112  Edited By kimjoshu

Batman-must I explain...hahahhaa

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Batgirl's gotta win for me. It's been really interesting seeing her personal struggle with her own past. Not only is she a young woman trying to take on a city, but she has some deeply rooted psychological problems in her way, too. Her struggles are making her book extremely interesting.

Having said that, I loved Earth 2 #1 quite a bit :)

ivy's creation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ivy's creation

what i look for most wen buying comics is good art. so currently Batwoman is my favorite comic series. the way that the red is all the same shade is so amazing to look at. along with the the thick lines and so many layers really shows how comics are seriously a work of art. and not to mention batwoman is a really strong character; what i like about her is that although she is a bat, she is not part of bruce wayne's family. she respects them for what they do but she still likes working alone and just uses the batsymbol to strike fear into crime.

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

Wolverine & the X-Men is, hands down, the best book on sale right now.Jason Aaron's handle on each character is spot on, and both Chris Bachalo and Nick Bradshaw are amazing artists.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By feargalr

My favourite comic right now is Saga just cos its so incredible brilliant and ridiculous, while somehow maintaining characters who are easy to relate to :)

TwistedBishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By TwistedBishop

I had such plans for Brad. So many sights to show him. Or just make him do my laundry and rub my feet.

This post has gone wrong on me...

Wolverine and the X-Men, Snyder's Batman and any of the Mignola-verse books are my absolute favorites. They continually remind me why I love comics.

(Edit to add: Oh, and Uncanny X-Force! Poor Fantomex. How could you do it, Psylocke?)

steveman6191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By steveman6191
No Caption Provided

my favorite comic is the new venom why because i love seeing what marvel does with that sorta of element of horror but what there doing in the this new series is using it show it has some good purposes with it which flash Thompson is trying to do but the symbiote is still showing feral venom which is always a plus in my book

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#119  Edited By lifeboy
Lord of the jungle Tarzan has been my favorite hero of all time. I once saw tarzan run across the sahara desert non-stop for 5 days and 5 nights. I was so inspired by this that i started running. Last year i did my first marathon.
The Finality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By The Finality

Favorite comic I've read has got to be Frank Miller's and Ann Noceiti's Daredevil runs. Never before was such life breathed into the character. It redifined his origins, reestablished just how awesome having the world's greatest superhuman senses could be, and that trademark billy club became a crimefighting tool to rival Batman's Utility Belt or Spider-Man's Web-Shooters. Also brought to life Bullseye, Kingpin, and Elektra. And who can forget a character like Typhoid Mary? Awesome, awesome runs.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

X-Factor. Peter David just knows these arguably B/D-List characters and manages to make them miles more interesting than most of the other X-Books with the more popular characters. I love the more detective style approach to the story arcs as opposed to the typical super heroes doing super hero things.

ohrenclez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122  Edited By ohrenclez

I'm always a little behind the comics that are appearing at the moment, because i live in austria and to read them in english and in the correct order, i always have to wait a long time 'till they appear in trade

but still...i would have to say Batman...because he will and has always been my all time fav...and scott snyder is awesome

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By LordRequiem

My favourite comic book is/was Spawn: Godslayer, and it always shall be. It developed an enticing sense of atmosphere and brutality. With the dialect and language more approaching Ye Olde English, which is easily the most interesting voice for characters.

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

I love you guys too !!! :D And I`m sure many people here do.

My favorite Comicbook is the mini series Batwoman Elegy from Greg Rucka. Because It made me love a new Character in the DC universe, I didn`t heard anything about before. It has a totally thrilling story, relatable characters, awesome artwork (from J.H. Williams II !!! ) and holds you on the edge of your seat from right at the beginning. When you start reading you can`t put the book out of your hands because you really want to know what happens next in the tragic live of Kate Kane ! What I like about it too is that it really shows much of the detective site of them Bat family.

It`s the perfect book for everyone, who enjoys a great thrilling story with detective aspects and great artwork !

PrinceAriketh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By PrinceAriketh

No Brad? Count me out.

luther22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By luther22

Detective Comics #572. Because it's Batman, Robin, The Elongated Man, Slam Bradly, and Sherlock Holmes. All teaming up for one unforgettable 50th anniversary of Detective Comics.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Finally got the youtube video to work.

Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man

My favorite Comic right now is Amazing Spider-Man by Dan Slott. He captures Peter so perfectly, the humor of the comic, Peter's intellegence, its just a fun comic. I look forward to it each week, even though it doesn't come out. I am not sure when it comes out so I look for it each week. I have been reading this regularly ever since Big Time, and thats the longest I have ever stuck with a comic series. And that is my favorite comic right now.

Ned_Smitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Ned_Smitty

I want those Turtles comics Brad's holding because I'm a massive TMNT fan.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By bladewolf

My favorite comic right now is Demon Knights. First off, the art is awesome: I love looking at not only the classic scenes of swords and sorcery but also things like demons, mechanical dragons, and strange magical contraptions. The characters are also great: each has his/her own motivation and as a result they aren't really a team so much as a group thrown together by circumstance. The potential for betrayal is high, and adds a great element of suspense to the story. Also, the plot is really cool: I like Paul Cornell's different take on classic stories and characters like Camelot and Merlin. Honestly, I could go on and on about how much I love this series, but I'll end with this: Demon Knights is the best paced, most well-written comic series I've in the last year and there isn't another title I look forward to more when it's release once per month.

Atom_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Atom_H

Uncanny X-Force is my favorite comic right now. I enjoy the darker art style and themes of the series with the occasional humor mixed in. Even though the artists have changed around a few times so far, I generally like the way the characters are portrayed (other than #19 where the cover looked like it was done in the style of The Yellow Submarine).

The team composition works well.The X-men characters on the team I knew about already and were interested in. Fantomex I had never heard of before and I didn't know much about Deadpool, but after a few issues I liked them as much as the rest of the team. The second page of the last issue had Deadpool in drag with a shotgun, how could you not like him?

I also am enjoying the Defenders a lot, but I will give Uncanny X-force first for now since it has been running longer and has managed to keep me interested for 23 issues.

epr_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By epr_prime

My favorite has to be James's Starman series. I read it in college and it was one of the main reasons I started up reading comics again, and the book still influences a lot of my comic tastes.

Mikey Venture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Mikey Venture

Is it bad that I want a Luke Cage & Iron Fist buddy flick/tv show ?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BonOrbitz

My favorite comic right now is the IDW Transformers series. I'm a huge Transfan that grew up in the 80s with the Marvel/Hasbro series and am now catching up on all the IDW TPBs right now. It's pretty entertaining with some nods to both the Marvel and Dreamwave series.

I hear that the ongoing series that premiered after All Hail Megatron isn't that great, but I'm not that far in the series yet.

radar5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By radar5

Really Enjoying Suicide Squad and everything they've been doing with Harley Quinn in it.

The new Venom series has been tapping my wallet every week too.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#135  Edited By No_Name_

@ArtisticNeedham said:

The Youtube video wont play for me. Is there something wrong with the youtube video or just my computer? (Past weeks youtube news videos still work though.)

And whats this about winning free stuff?

Still doesn't work? No youtube videos work for you? What browser are you using?

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By htb106

my comment officially looks over the top compared to everyone elses, What? I want more comics...

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

My favorite cimic book is Green Lantern, BUT I also like Daredevil & Vampirella a lot.

drewscruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#138  Edited By drewscruff

My favourite Comic right now is Animal Man, even with the artist change (for reasons I totally understand and am not having a go for him leaving the book!) the look of the book is consistent and the ongoing story keeps me coming back each month. some people have complained that these long arcs drag on to long, but I feel if its and good long story then the more I get of it the better!

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Fenrir085

Sweet, thanks for the update.

jasonakaslv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By jasonakaslv

My favorite comic is Amazing Spider-man, its a very good story and he deals with real like problems even if some seem to come at him way to much , spider-man/ peter parker = best super hero.

OldDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141  Edited By OldDude

The Avengers movie is just sooo awesome... If only spider-man will get nearly that good, it will be the best movie-marvel summer of all time. I would love to see a Hulk series by Guillermo del Toro he always has unique ideas and his Hellboy stuff was just awesome. The Punisher concept never worked on screen, it would be interesting to see whether Marvel will turn the tables here... Waiting for the first x-men mainly because of the art, if the script is any good then it may be a very pleasant surprise (though, to be honest, I don't see that happening).

As for Arrow, even though I am a Marvel guy I wish it the best of success, though I think that whether it succeeds or not will fall into the supporting roles hands. Ollie is not such a great character on his own but with other characters he gets argumentative and then the fun begins ( he kinda reminds me of "Joey" in "friends", he needs other people to show part of his charisma)...

jpmofer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By jpmofer

My favorite comic right now is actually a pair. Swamp Thing / Animal Man.. I always read them together.. So perfect... so AWESOME so fun!!!

Johnslamby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Johnslamby

Secret Six

What Gail Simone can do is simply put amazing. She easily fits Ragdoll into a group ranging from assassins to gods. She can bring fame to some a washed-up villain and give personality to some hard-headedbrutes. She introduced deep, thought-out newcharacters. She even fitted in storyarcs. I loved the overall corky atmosphere that had such great sense of humor with pretty awesome art. It is a shame a book( actually one of my first purchases of a comic) like this was pretty much washed down the drain with the new 52. At least Gail has still put out amazing books but i'm still keeping my fingers crosse for a cameo appearance of the characters like they were in secret six.

Avatar image for crazyflashfan11
crazyflashfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By crazyflashfan11

fave has gotta be... Flash. i love the new arcs and francis manapul's art is AMAZING