Posted by JoeyF (820 posts) - - Show Bio
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Edited by Doctor!!!!! (2135 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman on brodway.... superheores are gonna suck as time goes by....
#2 Edited by NightFang3 (12363 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctor!!!!! said:

"Superheores ar gonna suck as time goes by."

That's a little much, don't you think?
#3 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Urg...like Spiderman wasnt enough of a horrible indicator, the Batman...thing, appears to have been ripped out of the camp era.

#4 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2135 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang:
Nope
#5 Posted by johnny_spam (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Live looks terrible but it is not a musical.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
#6 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent wrap up!

#7 Posted by Wattup (682 posts) - - Show Bio

They should get the Simpsons writers to concoct a Broadway show like they did for Planet of the Apes...

Get your paws of me, you dirty ape...he can talk, he can talk, he can talk, he can talk...I can SING!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Posted by Jimbo (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is not amused.
#9 Posted by queenfrost_ (2613 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at Harley Quinn live O_O

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (18744 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks for the news

#11 Posted by Mucklefluga (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good Sara
#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (11948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mucklefluga said:
" Looking good Sara "
Cool main page pic too.  
#13 Posted by caesarsghost (578 posts) - - Show Bio

While the Superman at WB thing is distressing, I am confident that Supes will always have a place to live. Multimillion dollar movies, beyond successful TV franchises, he will be fine.
#14 Posted by CraftyArrow (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the news!

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
#15 Edited by turoksonofstone (14912 posts) - - Show Bio
Babs: " An agreement between the estates establishing that they have no intention of re-establishing copyrights at the Time Warner studio and how they will split the rights once the current DC contract  is terminated."
@caesarsghost said:

" While the Superman at WB thing is distressing, I am confident that Supes will always have a place to live. Multimillion dollar movies, beyond successful TV franchises, he will be fine. "

Exactly right. Clearly that future won't be at DC it would appear..

oh and, "Bat-Nipples"! lol!
#16 Posted by caesarsghost (578 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
" @caesarsghost said:
" While the Superman at WB thing is distressing, I am confident that Supes will always have a place to live. Multimillion dollar movies, beyond successful TV franchises, he will be fine. "
Exactly right. Clearly that future won't be at DC it would appear.. "

Sure looks that way. But who knows, maybe a changing of management will be good for the Boy Scout...
#17 Posted by Decept-O (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa...another bit of Superman news I hadn't heard before, so that's interesting to learn.  That does change some things, including my opinion about the matter.  Man oh man. 

Well, that stinks for Dark Horse Comics.  A publisher whose titles I've often enjoyed, offering comics that have put "different" stories for comic book readers to read which haven't always been superhero oriented.  They showed a publisher could thrive in the market but sadly, it sounds like some changes are on the horizon. 

Nice round-up of the news.

#18 Posted by mewmdude77 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

If Warner Bros loses Superman, does that mean he's not DC anymore?

#19 Posted by GC8 (2900 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if Supes leaves D.C. it will force them to do more with Captain Marvel which they sued and then just bought and put on the back burner for half a century.

I'm not worried - even if... even if Superman leaves DC (not bloody likely - money still talks, and AOL has tons of that), the property is way too valuable for someone not to do anything with it - I doubt Superman will be out of print for long.

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (60876 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes legal stuff is so annoying. The musical and the play are just ____.

Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
#21 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez, a Batman musical... I guess there's no way preventing it. I mean, the coming of this abomination was already prophecized by in the Batman Beyond episode Out of the Past! Looks like Paul Dini has precognitive skills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebI8H5nq5L4

#22 Posted by AgentOfAnarchy (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought tickets as soon as they where released. I have hope that it will be a good show even if the costumes look a little campy.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
#23 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2730 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman the musical, and possibly Bruce Wayne's response to it all.

#24 Posted by Xion (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wattup said:
" They should get the Simpsons writers to concoct a Broadway show like they did for Planet of the Apes...Get your paws of me, you dirty ape...he can talk, he can talk, he can talk, he can talk...I can SING!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Oh help me Dr. Zaius!
Dr Zaius Dr Zaius! Dr Zaius Dr Zaius! Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius! Ohhh Dr. Zaius! Dr. Zaius Dr Zaius!
What's wrong with me?
I think you're crazy.
I want a second opinion!
You're also lazy.
#25 Posted by Wattup (682 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xion said:

" @Wattup said:

" They should get the Simpsons writers to concoct a Broadway show like they did for Planet of the Apes...Get your paws of me, you dirty ape...he can talk, he can talk, he can talk, he can talk...I can SING!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Oh help me Dr. Zaius!
Dr Zaius Dr Zaius! Dr Zaius Dr Zaius! Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius! Ohhh Dr. Zaius! Dr. Zaius Dr Zaius!
What's wrong with me?
I think you're crazy.
I want a second opinion!
You're also lazy.
"
I hate every ape I see
From chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Earth all along

You've finally made a monkey

Yes, we've finally made a monkey
Yes, you've finally made a monkey out of me
Yes, we've finally made a monkey out of you

I love you, Dr. Zaius!

Avatar image for silver_knight75
#26 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1250 posts) - - Show Bio
@jimbo said:
" Batman is not amused. "
Batman has bat nipples, his lack of amusement is redundant
#27 Posted by UnosInfinitos (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw shucks No more DC Superman, what about the rest of super-family? Why do I have a sneaking suspicions that this is all Lex Luthor's doing?
He's not real
I'm being silly

#28 Posted by ImperiousRix (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe all the legal hulla-baloo with Supes.  I assume it'll all work out and DC will keep the rights, but still it's fairly ridiculous.

Aside from that, I'm really looking forward to Snyder's Superman movie, especially since it won't be Luthor as the main adversary.  I mean, I love Luthor, but enough is enough.
#29 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@ImperiousRix said:
" I can't believe all the legal hulla-baloo with Supes.  I assume it'll all work out and DC will keep the rights, but still it's fairly ridiculous.
Aside from that, I'm really looking forward to Snyder's Superman movie, especially since it won't be Luthor as the main adversary.  I mean, I love Luthor, but enough is enough.
"
I can't believe America's courts have allowed the Supes struggles to go this far.
#30 Posted by ImperiousRix (1144 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: 
Being American, I certainly can.
It's just the way our system works.  We can and do dispute and sue over just about everything and anything.  It's a double-edged sword, really.
#31 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@ImperiousRix said:
" @Silkcuts: 
Being American, I certainly can.
It's just the way our system works.  We can and do dispute and sue over just about everything and anything.  It's a double-edged sword, really.
"
A sword that may cut Superman away from the universe that he is most important too.
#32 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3645 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we should be thankful for just the bat-nipples. Could you imagine if they had made the entire costume more anatomically correct? lol (jokes aside)

I do have to say that I find the whole legal battle over Superman's rights confusing. I'd love to read a more detailed article about the issue.

Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
#33 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt:
I absolutely agree, Compared to Schumaker's "sexy" outfits, even the most corniest pieces of Batman's gardrobe gain a handful of dignity. Hell, the original Robin costume looks intimidating compared to the Bat nipples of doom!

As for the musical theatre, instead of this deliberately campy\self ironic style I would appreciate a more dark and brooding, maybe even gothic feel, with rather grotesque humor occasionally. Something between Tim Burton and Francis Ford Coppola (sorry, I'm not that familiar with musical directors). Musically it could range from 30s jazz to haunting gothic choruses and sweeping, epic orchestral pieces.

Regarding Supes, I don't really see how they could cut off a character that is so established in DC. I mean, even if Warner Brothers would get all the rights, what do they plan wiht the comics? Surely they can' t just hire a random comic publisher to write new stories, it would be simply way out of context, I don't thik a lot of people would care to buy it. Completely abandoning Supes as a comic figure isn't an option either. I don't think WB could get away with this.

If there is anybody from DC I tought would be good to have isolated from the rest of the heroes then it's Batman. Formerly I though that such a dark, crime oriented character just doesn't fit into the ridiculously powerful and clolrful cast of superheroes who sav the entire multiverse from demigods, arch demons and evil alien empires on a daily basis. My opinion has changed since then thanks to among others the ingenious JLA cartoon series.
#34 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. I would like to see a more detailed accessible document of what's going on in the Superman court case and whether it will affect Superman in DC Comics. They can't gt rid of him. They just can't. He's the pillar on which all superheroes are formed from even the dark, brooding ones. Any attempt to reinvent him by this petty law case that is in direct violation of all Superman stands for will severely **** me of with those ***** involved.

#35 Posted by HaloKing343 (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah because the Spiderman musical is going sooo well! God, that looks just like Batman & Robin, the movie.
#36 Posted by Uncas007 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I don't know.  I thought they were trying to put the Adam West Era behind Batman.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c467f056031b
#37 Posted by deactivated-5c467f056031b (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Your lips are shiny. 

#38 Posted by Dr_Cheesesteak (270 posts) - - Show Bio
@coldbrand said:
" Your lips are shiny.  "
Don't you just love it?
#39 Posted by darksoul7th (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@jimbo: lol
Avatar image for centerofthestars
#40 Posted by centerofthestars (12 posts) - - Show Bio

batman musical looks... interesting to say the least.

#41 Posted by Dakens son (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman musical?
for real?
and who would be the prima ballarina?penguin?

#42 Posted by besighyawn (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Without the yellow bat symbol in the chest, something else needs to distract the bad guys. Nipples.

#43 Posted by Zaber (373 posts) - - Show Bio

wish they do have a tv show for us to watch what happens on DC !

#44 Posted by arrowfan237 (497 posts) - - Show Bio

God save us. They already put Spiderman on broadway and now they are putting Batman on. WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL ME?
#45 Posted by arrowfan237 (497 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctor!!!!!:
God help us all.