• 107 results
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By pixelized

Omg, I totally thought I had a hand in Moonstone up there.

Totally worth the wait though

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#52  Edited By xerox_kitty

@pixelized said:

You did. In fact you were the one who nominated her in the first place, as The Poet had her down as Karla Sofen for the longest time instead of using her codename. Impressive, I pretty much rewrote the entire damn list out for him & he STILL got it wrong.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pixelized

@xerox_kitty said:

@pixelized said:

You did. In fact you were the one who nominated her in the first place, as The Poet had her down as Karla Sofen for the longest time instead of using her codename. Impressive, I pretty much rewrote the entire damn list out for him & he STILL got it wrong.

You totally deserve a ton of credit for your supreme organization of everything. I appreciate you

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#54  Edited By xerox_kitty

@pixelized: I give up with it, to be honest.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#55  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@pixelized said:

I made a mistake. I'm sorry. I'm human. I was dealing with puting nominations and cosigns for 115 characters plus the information you guys gave me. There will be mistakes. I'm sorry I'm not perfect.

@xerox_kitty said:

@pixelized said:

Yes, I used the other names. In addition to my excel document where I corrected the information, I had created a draft comic vine list way before you had quit that had the actual names. I am sorry if I used what you guys gave me instead of the code names. I am. I have never nor have I ever called myself perfect, but who is perfect?

I recignise that you did help with the list. I will never disagree with that fact. However, it was not like your rewrite was perfect as well. You did not have all the information. I could point out mistakes you made, but I will not do that. this is a comunity project. Not "The Poet's project". Not "xerox-kitty's project" or any of the other Mods' list. this is is a comunity project. That means we worked together to make it. It also means that in the end we can't say, "I did this" or "she did that". We cooperated to make this. In the introduction, there is the phrase, "We ordered the list". Not "I ordered the list", but "We" as in the 16 users (14 mods plus myself and The Dark Huntress who helped with Gambler's part of the list) who gave characters, wrote comments, and corrected mistakes made by others.

This is supposed to be just a fun activity to let us all get to know one another. I don't care who did what. I really don't. I had fun learning about users I didn't know about. and in the end thats all that matters to me.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#56  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

only four mods started in the 80's !!! :/

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@pikahyper said:

only four mods started in the 80's !!! :/

yeah, it is interesting to see when they started...always thought some of them were older comic book readers...

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Interesting stuff

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Omega Ray Jay said:

Interesting stuff

indeed

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By entropy_aegis

Awesome,though I can't say I'm surprised to see Deathstroke and Shiva lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

This is awesome!

Spongeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By Spongeman

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheJokerha

@ The Poet well if there is someone who likes Storm I guess they didn't speak up when I asked for additional characters

And obviously I should have done the same for The Joker. It never occurred to me he wouldn't be on the list, so I didn't say anything. My bad. I'm guessing its to late now?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@TheJokerha said:

@ The Poet well if there is someone who likes Storm I guess they didn't speak up when I asked for additional characters

And obviously I should have done the same for The Joker. It never occurred to me he wouldn't be on the list, so I didn't say anything. My bad. I'm guessing its to late now?

I'm not sure what you mean. All the nominators for this list were Mods. When I said "they" I meant the Mods. They gave me characters and the list was made by their favorites. I am afraid any users without a red label under their name could not participate (a reason why Riddler is no where to be seen on this list).

You might be interested in looking at Comic Vine's Top 100 Super-Villains 2011 as the #1 slot is a favorite of yours I assume.

marvelman2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By marvelman2099

who are half the ppl on this list? lol o.o

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@marvelman2099 said:

who are half the ppl on this list? lol o.o

you mean the mods? or the characters?

Shieldbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shieldbearer

<3 Sinestro, Magneto, and Cyclops for all the same reasons. They are willing to make the hard decisions. :D

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Shieldbearer said:

<3 Sinestro, Magneto, and Cyclops for all the same reasons. They are willing to make the hard decisions. :D

yeah, they are cool...I'm sure their Moderator supporters appreciate that there are users who also like their favorites :)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Chaos Prime

No Doctor Strange? or did i miss that one :)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Chaos Prime said:

No Doctor Strange? or did i miss that one :)

Even though there are some strange individuals are the Moderators, there is no Doctor Strange...

Avatar image for scarlett_wiccan
Scarlett_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Scarlett_Wiccan

This list made me really happy thanks guys for putting Wiccan and Scarlett on there it made me squeal with happiness. Thanks guys really awesome list :D

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Scarlett_Wiccan said:

This list made me really happy thanks guys for putting Wiccan and Scarlett on there it made me squeal with happiness. Thanks guys really awesome list :D

I think I speak for Pixelized, Sora_thekey, Gambler and all the others when I say thanks

I'm glad you like this list

ladymastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ladymastermind

uuuhh. im kinda dissapionted. WHERES NIGHTCRAWLER????

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@ladymastermind said:

uuuhh. im kinda dissapionted. WHERES NIGHTCRAWLER????

First off I want to start by saying welcome to comicvine. I'm honored you used one of your first posts to comment on this list...

After that, I want to say everyone has their own point of view. I personally like the Riddler among other characters, but you'll notice he is not on here. I don't know if one of the mods like nightcrawler, but these are 115 of their favorites. I'm sure knowing the mods, most of them have created top 100 lists of favorite characters. Look at some of those. These are just the top 115 for all of them together. Maybe he is on one of their favorite character list....

Sorry he's not on this list, but we all like different things, which makes us all unique or something like that...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By Blood1991

Wow the Mods are an intresting group of characters with fasinating taste in them as well.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#76  Edited By Mercy_

What I've learned from this list is that my suspicions that Gambler and Morpheus share a consciousness are not unfounded.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Mercy_ said:

What I've learned from this list is that my suspicions that Gambler and Morpheus share a consciousness are not unfounded.

that would totally explain how i never actully talked to Gambler...

Gambler = morpheus

Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Iridium

Great list, some interesting selections, good to read up on new (to me at least) characters.

What I will take the most out of it is, aside from the first few mods, I feel quite old. People so started reading comics in 2004? 2008?!

I remember my first issue, Micronauts #29, May 1981. Got me hooked on comics. Got me hooked on Marvel.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Iridium: thanks

yeah, it was really interesting to see when people actully got into comics. I mean, some people had different definitions of when they "got into" comics, so some say when they started collecting and others said when they got their first ones. I am still suprised by the number mods in who started reading in the 2000s...

Thats cool! I would say when I got into comics, but I know that would make you feel really old...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@jhazzroucher said:

No Storm!!!!????

Uncle Scrooge > Storm

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No Storm!!!!????

Uncle Scrooge > Storm

something tells me Fesak would agree with you...

you know, i should do an updated version of this with the new mods...

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#82  Edited By umbrafeline

kitty pryde should be number 1 on that list

why? because i said so dammit :-)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@umbrafeline said:

kitty pryde should be number 1 on that list

why? because i said so dammit :-)

if you can persuade Blue_Shield into making Kitty his first favorite and I'll change it :P

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Grey56

Am I to understand that this list is itemizing each character by number in order of their importance/popularity ?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Grey56 said:

Am I to understand that this list is itemizing each character by number in order of their importance/popularity ?

no. see this is how this list is ordered:

The mods (prior to the 4 who were recently got mod-ship) are ordered by the time they got into comics. then their choices are ordered that by that order (so as Blue_Shield got into comics earlier than anyone else his #1 is first, then Fesak's #1 till Gambler's #1. then we do the whole thing over again with #2 choices and etc till we have all the characters on the list.

The fact is...unlike the other 4 lists I've hosted prior to and after this list, the order is not the important thing. It is more to show what the Moderators of the site like and for you to say, "Hey! I didn't know SUCHANDSUCH liked this character! I want to go talk to them about our common interest". Another way to get to know the "all powerful beings" that are moderators :P

of it doesn't include Mercy, K4, Razz or myself as nominators, so it's not really a complete picture of the mods.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Grey56

I'm with you now - and that is interesting. And for what it's worth - I like it that some characters receive some attention from folks whom otherwise might not have known about the merits to those selected. Many thanks.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Grey56 said:

I'm with you now - and that is interesting. And for what it's worth - I like it that some characters receive some attention from folks whom otherwise might not have known about the merits to those selected. Many thanks.

no problem. I must admit it is a compicated system (which was set up for the comfort of my now colleagues who aren't on as much so I could actully make a list even if a few of them weren't online...)

hopefully we'll have a similar list up soon for the 4 of us...

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Grey56

@The Poet: Look forward to it.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#89  Edited By RedQueen

Great List; some unusual (yet interesting) choices....Glad Boom Boom and Moonstone are getting some love. Seems me and @sora_thekey have very similar taste in comics. :D

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#90  Edited By x_29

Meh

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@RedQueen said:

Great List; some unusual (yet interesting) choices....Glad Boom Boom and Moonstone are getting some love. Seems me and @sora_thekey have very similar taste in comics. :D

I'm glad you like the list. I'm also glad to see someone is utilizing the purpose of this list (finding out what the mods like to say who you might get a long with).

@x_29 said:

Meh

I appreciate your comments and the fact you are expressing your opinion. I love to see people's opinions (even if they are not positive).

I thank you for taking the time to type those three letters and capitalize the 'M' (that takes effort!). I would have liked some punctuation to go with the comment to show even more effort, but you get what you get :P

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#92  Edited By x_29

@The Poet said:

@RedQueen said:

I'm glad you like the list. I'm also glad to see someone is utilizing the purpose of this list (finding out what the mods like to say who you might get a long with).

@x_29 said:

Meh

I appreciate your comments and the fact you are expressing your opinion. I love to see people's opinions (even if they are not positive).

I thank you for taking the time to type those three letters and capitalize the 'M' (that takes effort!). I would have liked some punctuation to go with the comment to show even more effort, but you get what you get :P

Well I do try.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@The Poet: You realize you sent all your Pm's to the wrong Gambler account right? :P

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Gambler said:

@The Poet: You realize you sent all your Pm's to the wrong Gambler account right? :P

ah! 6 months later I have an explanation! that makes sense...Too many gamblers on this site!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#96  Edited By No_Name_

Moderators who don't respond shouldn't have the opportunity to make the list. /JustSaying

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Mercy_

LOL. It was during his absence around last summer that the list was compiled. I gave Poet answers based on his list and personal experience.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Mercy_ said:

LOL. It was during his absence around last summer that the list was compiled. I gave Poet answers based on his list and personal experience.

Last summer? didn't we do this earlier in 2012? We published it in Feb. and I remember I started right near the tail end of the Villain list to see if the mods approved of the idea. Last Summer I got a starlet in June, but it was until that september that I started these community project lists with the Hero list...

oh, well...never mind...winter...summer...what's the difference? :P

@Babs said:

Moderators who don't respond shouldn't have the opportunity to make the list. /JustSaying

You have no idea, my dear...oh the stories I could tell you about this list...It was most...Interesting...

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#99  Edited By No_Name_

@Mercy_ said:

...And? :) Hiatus usually equals demotion, last I checked, anyway.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Mercy_

@Babs said:

@Mercy_ said:

...And? :) Hiatus usually equals demotion, last I checked, anyway.

Hehe. I'd pay to see the reaction to that.