Hello ladies and gentlemen! We're back! After a long weekend in Chicago covering C2E2, the community star award is back! Each week, we pick a member of the community and highlight all their great work they've done on the site.
As you may know, C2E2 got pretty hectic, so Community Star was pushed back a week. However, it's time to give ReVamp his just deserts! ReVamp has been a member of the vine for a little over a year. Since then, he's posted over 15,000 times in the forums.
On top of that, ReVamp has gained 7,000 points in the wiki section of the site. He has almost 1,300 points on the Shatterstar page currently, and there's a ton of info on there and it's all nicely laid out. The same goes for the Andrew Bennett page (I, Vampire) which ReVamp has over 700 points on.
Most importantly, ReVamp, aside from being a friendly force within the forums, writes some great blogs for the site.
Most recently, ReVamp helped put together the ComicVine Roundtable where they talk about the New 52. They also discuss some of the new titles being launched at DC and a few of the cancellations.
ReVamp also has a blog that asks users what type of blog he should write, and one of the topics he got was "Nightwing's Butt." A tough topic for any person. So, ReVamp wrote a blog called Sexualization of Nightwing, which covers his butt as well as other things.
After all that work, it's time we ask ReVamp about his life here at the vine and his life as a comic book fan.
Hey everyone, give a warm round of applause no one can hear for ReVamp! How are you doing today?
- I'm fine. Generally I'd say awesome, but I've just been witness to the fabulous writing of AvX.
How long have you been a member of Comic Vine?
- A Year and a couple of months. I believe I joined the 28th of December, or something like that, back in '10.
How did you find out about this site?
- Well, that's a weird story. I feel as if I've known about the site for a couple of years. At first I saw the powers section which intrigued me for a short period of time. That led to me learning about the database, but never ended up using it at all. Eventually, I found out about the battle forums (at a time where I had nearly forgotten about the site) and that led my intrigue for a couple of months. Then I was crazy enough to join. Worst decisions evar. =P
What was the first comic book you ever read?
- ...I... don't know? I think I it was an X-Book, I think even by Claremont. But that wouldn't be the first book I read, just the first one I can remember reading at a certain point in my life.
Who is your favorite comic book charater?
- Dick Grayson, by far, overall, with Bucky Barnes taking the place for Marvel and second spot overall. Yeah, I seem to have a thing for ex-sidekicks. God knows why.
What's your favorite series?
- Whilst not my favorite series, god knows that'd be harder than remembering my first comic book. So I think I'll mention Wanted, which is no secret I enjoyed. I don't think that its the finest example of good writing, but I think its definitely an example of a fun book and at the end of the day I feel that's what comics should be at the end of the day. I should mention that its definitely not traditional comic book fun, that book is definitely... different as one would expect of Millar, but fun nonetheless.
Where's the best place to read comics?
- In a couch, with the news on, a hot mug of something and a blanket over you.
Who'd win in a fight: Jabba the Hutt or Jar Jar Binks and why?
- I'd say Jar Jar Binks, but Wolverine and the X-Men is still in my mind and has sways my opinion. Apparently the guy with the tongue is badass and gets the girl. Wait... Jar Jar Binks does have a large tongue, right?
If they could make ANY comic book series into an animated series, what would you like to see?
- I'd like a SHIELD series for sure, with Nick Fury, the Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Hawkeye etc... I'd mention Teen Titans or Nightwing, but those have already had enough appearances and are likely to appear again.
Who has the coolest vehicle in all of comics?
- The Batmobile. Just because Vehicles aren't really cool.
Who has the worst vehicle in all of comics?
- The Spider-Mobile, stupidest idea in Spider-Man history. Well, with the exception of OMD. And Sin's Past. And Clone Saga. And Ezikel was stupid too. And Civil War. And... You get the idea. I'll stop hating, I love current Spidey.
Quick: You're on a plane and it's going down. You have five minutes left, what do you do, hot shot. What do you do?
- Assuming I know for sure I'm dying and there's no way out, then I'd call home and all that, tell them I love everyone and probably jump out... Okay, I probably wouldn't do that, but I'd like to think of that I would. C'mon, eveyone wants to know what jumping from such a height feels like? R-r-right? I can't be the only one...
Any last words for the viners out there?
- Yeah. Don't take everything too seriously, enjoy life for what it is and don't hate on anything
I like, or else I'll curse you or something like that.
Thanks ReVamp for taking the time out to answer these questions! Give him a hardy congradulations and we'll see you next week for the voting thread!