Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Movie Black Widow vs. TV Green Arrow

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Movie Black Widow vs. TV Green Arrow (519 votes)

Movie Black Widow 41%
TV Green Arrow 54%
Too close to call 5%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (both sides think the other is a villain).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them.
  • All characters have standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
 • 
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@monsterstomp said:

@goddamnironman said:

@monsterstomp said:

@goddamnironman said:

@pwok21 said:

Green Arrow has a ton more feats than Black Widow, with his standard gear and skill set I can see him taking down Natalya.

Yeah, obviously GA has fought Aliens with advanced weapons,....just sayin'

Yeah.. Aliens that have shown next to nothing.

okay, so what has GA has done that prove he is better than BW? H2H skills? but the rule is both characters are from TV and Movie, not from the comic book original source. So gets your fact right 1st, before you start to mock the others.

Wtf? I know they're TV and Movie versions. I was just saying that the aliens Widow fought have shown no feats to make those fights credible. And yes, you clearly haven't been keeping up with Arrow if you think Widow takes this. Green Arrow has done what Widow has and some.

No feats from BW?! what?! She picked up a piece of Chitauri weapon, and immediately learned how to use them....I bet you can't learn how to use a mouse when you 1st picked it up. Joking aside, she can 1 vs 10 others while on the bridge, before Rogers came. And how about an agile jump from the bridge to one of the flying Chitauri surfer....the agility and reflexes needed is beyond what GA has shown in 'Arrow'.

And Lot more, if you want me to continue, but I guess it's fair to be your turn now. NO hard feelings.

OMG. I didn't say Widow has no feats, I said the aliens she fought have next to nothing to show for. Pick up a Chitauri weapon and immediately learn how to use it? Just pulling a trigger like mechanism wasn't her first instinct? Also Roger's helped Widow launch into the air.

Oliver is more accurate with his bow than Widow with her weapons. Arrow takes her from a distance pretty handily and his hand to hand combat is superior than Widow's.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@goddamnironman said:

@monsterstomp said:

@goddamnironman said:

@monsterstomp said:

@goddamnironman said:

@pwok21 said:

Green Arrow has a ton more feats than Black Widow, with his standard gear and skill set I can see him taking down Natalya.

Yeah, obviously GA has fought Aliens with advanced weapons,....just sayin'

Yeah.. Aliens that have shown next to nothing.

okay, so what has GA has done that prove he is better than BW? H2H skills? but the rule is both characters are from TV and Movie, not from the comic book original source. So gets your fact right 1st, before you start to mock the others.

Wtf? I know they're TV and Movie versions. I was just saying that the aliens Widow fought have shown no feats to make those fights credible. And yes, you clearly haven't been keeping up with Arrow if you think Widow takes this. Green Arrow has done what Widow has and some.

No feats from BW?! what?! She picked up a piece of Chitauri weapon, and immediately learned how to use them....I bet you can't learn how to use a mouse when you 1st picked it up. Joking aside, she can 1 vs 10 others while on the bridge, before Rogers came. And how about an agile jump from the bridge to one of the flying Chitauri surfer....the agility and reflexes needed is beyond what GA has shown in 'Arrow'.

And Lot more, if you want me to continue, but I guess it's fair to be your turn now. NO hard feelings.

OMG. I didn't say Widow has no feats, I said the aliens she fought have next to nothing to show for. Pick up a Chitauri weapon and immediately learn how to use it? Just pulling a trigger like mechanism wasn't her first instinct? Also Roger's helped Widow launch into the air.

Oliver is more accurate with his bow than Widow with her weapons. Arrow takes her from a distance pretty handily and his hand to hand combat is superior than Widow's.

Okay, so maybe i got your message wrong. I will apologize if I offended you.

So according to you, what makes GA in Arrow above BW? BW has shown amazing agility when fighting Hawkeye (in the Helicarrier). And in Iron man 2, she took out a whole private mercenaries in merely minutes. I know you will compare it to when GA beaten down a whole corridor of 'thugs' when saving Walter, but those are thugs, they haven't got any special military training. One vs Many is a very difficult task, but since BW can did it better and more efficient in 'Iron man', so I will give BW the edge...she will beat GA, but not by much.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Both Green Arrow and Widow have beaten down "no named" mercenaries. Oliver does it more regularly though and he trains intensely more often than not. Widow has to close the gap before she can engage in hand to hand combat. She caught Hawkeye off guard from behind, but seeing that Oliver and Widow are facing each other from 50 visible feet, I doubt it'd be that much easier. Green Arrow is a formidable marksman, and Widow hasn't shown much in that regard. In character, Oliver might go for a neutralization shot rather than kill shot. So going for limbs, joints and other non lethal body parts. Black Widow's defeat will be pretty swift.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Both Green Arrow and Widow have beaten down "no named" mercenaries. Oliver does it more regularly though and he trains intensely more often than not. Widow has to close the gap before she can engage in hand to hand combat. She caught Hawkeye off guard from behind, but seeing that Oliver and Widow are facing each other from 50 visible feet, I doubt it'd be that much easier. Green Arrow is a formidable marksman, and Widow hasn't shown much in that regard. In character, Oliver might go for a neutralization shot rather than kill shot. So going for limbs, joints and other non lethal body parts. Black Widow's defeat will be pretty swift.

Which is exactly the point of this debate. Because Hawkeye is brainwashed at the time, he would not hesitate to kill BW, and yet, BW manage to sneak behind him, and knock him out. When you see someone has the range advantage, you don't just "walk" infront of them, you sneak in front. And BW just proved how stealthy she can be. Besides, BW was not trying to kill Hawkeye, she is holding back!.

Well, if BW was held back during the fight, and KOed Hawkeye, which let to the next question, is GA > Hawkeye in the movie? cuz if BW can easily sneaked behind him and KO Hawkeye, it has a big chance that she will do the same to GA as well. And don't forget BW is armed with 2 pistol in the fight, she is not holding back (according to the rule). So, let the logic decides :)

Avatar image for jelliottthegreat
jelliottthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go with Green Arrow on this one, and despite my status as a diehard GA fanboy, it was actually a really tough call for me to make. If it wasn't for the rules stating that both participants are visible and 50 ft apart, I would have cast my vote as "too close to call," but given that Black Widow's advantage is primarily in secrecy and sneaking, and Ollie already knows where she is at the start of this (and has not shown an inherent weakness for females in the tv show), I give the edge to Ollie by a very slight margin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n: How I can ask for a match? Like Larfleeze vs Hulk

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted GA

capamerica7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evilmime13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, um, where's the results announcement.