Comic Vine Battle of the Week: Daredevil vs. Nightwing

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week: Daredevil vs. Nightwing (520 votes)

Daredevil 52%
Nightwing 42%
Stalemate 5%

Welcome to the first Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Who do you honestly think would win if these two characters faced off?

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules:

• Combatants will be in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter. This means neither character has knowledge on the other in this case.
  • They're fighting in a traditional downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night.
  • Even if they're both heroes, this won't be a match that ends in talking. Both have the objective to defeat the other character.
 • 
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ccraft

Daredevil could win with his eyes closed!

Say_DaySawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think gadgets give Nightwing a slight edge. Dick can fight blind.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TommytheHitman

Daredevil probably wouldn't hold back as much as Dick. So in the end DD wins.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Catsnlynne

Daredevil wins.

captainsaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil would win out right (100th forum post).

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil wins with experience and I think he's a bit more ruthless than Dick.

vesavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vesavius

@ccraft said:

Well, made me chuckle at least :)

But, yeah, DD for this one.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

DD for sure. It would be an entertaining fight for sure, but the radar sense is way too big of an advantage for Daredevil.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xtremekidx

I think Batman has trained nightwing well enough to notice even the slightest hints on the opponent and as soon as dick finds out about DD's weakness....he wins....

TheGwailo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly, I'd go with Daredevil as well. Nightwing has too much boy wonder in him, and he's just less likely to break bones and crush faces. The only way I see Nightwing winning is if he's really pissed or if he starts to fear for his (or someone else's) life. I love Nightwing, but I think he loses this one by a hair.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil, even though Dick was trained by Batman, he isn't Batman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like Nightwing more but I have to give the win to Red Batman.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nightwing wins read nightwing 19 and 20. His suit can take big bullets. He can fight blind. He can read peoples body's. Hed know DD is blind. He has better tech. Which include sonics.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Considering Daredevil actually has superpowers, I think this fight is in his favor. Nightwing could easily win though IF he were to figure out during the course of the battle that Daredevil was blind, but that is a big IF. So DD wins.

Rorschach2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing- in his training with Batman im sure he was trained to fight blind, and rely on his other senses. Of course his other senses are not as keen as DareDevil's which is what makes this such a good fight. But Nightwing has the gadgets, and i believe his staffs pushing out electric currents would throw off Daredevil's radar sense off a bit and give Nightwing the advantage! Plus he was trained by the best!

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil ninja, Nightwing not.

DD for tha win!

monsterduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By monsterduc

I'd consider DD at very near Batman's level of fighting skill, experience and physicality with the ability to take it up a notch in brutality if necessary.

Nightwing was trained by Batsy and has at times showed that he may not be as strong as him, but he is a bit quicker and very near his equal in sizing an opponent up so he may discover that DD is using his hypersenses and figure out how to neutralize them if the fight goes a bit longer..

For me this would be a close one and through the input of variables into my random encounter generator (ie. my brain :D ), DD would have a slight advantage of about 6 wins out of 10 fights.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty tough... Hmm... well, not that I know a lot about Daredevil, but he has Radar Sense which would give him a huge advantage, but in terms of hand-to-hand combat, I think Nightwing would win since, well, Batman. They're both acrobats, but Nightwing is clearly better (at least as far as I know), cause he's been one since he was a kid and all that. Plus he's got high-tech gadgets, and he can easily brush off gun shots with his new suit... but Radar Sense and other heightened senses... hmm... I'm going with Nightwing... though it might simply be because of my lack of knowledge when it comes to Daredevil.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Stick's training has to factor in somewhere

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deadpool25mm

@ccraft said:

This

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even a blind man could see that Daredevil would win this.

Med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As combatants, Daredevil actually has superhuman senses and agility. Also, as people, Daredevil is a far more serious mind than Grayson and will be more inclined towards defeating his opponent. Judging by skills is too difficult and ultimately not informative enough. Daredevil takes this.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

No Caption Provided

Visual aid for members and staff.

Matt102255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Matt102255

daredevil hands down

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
Scarlet_Spider_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: That. Now that is a good comment.

detective38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all this is an amazing idea for a recurring article! Second you have started with a fight that I have always wanted to see! This is an extremely tough decision. Matt has his radar sense, other heightened senses, mastery of using his billy club, acrobatic prowess, training under stick, and experience fighting against very talented fighters. Dick on the other hand has his extensive training with batman, acrobatic mastery, is easily one of the most talented hand to hand fighters in the DCU, and has a very wide assortment of tech in his arsenal. As far as the assumption that DD would be more brutal than NW goes that is really a matter of how a writer portrays the character. In the recent past Dick has been portrayed as showing more aggressive tendencies such as in his night of the owls crossover and also in the final story arc of volume 2 of his series where he lays the smack down on two face. On DDs side of things he has carved a bullseye into bullseyes head with a rock so I would say they are about even in brutality with matt only taking a very slight edge. As far as the idea tha Dick would detect matts blindness during the fight I think its very possible but it would take him a little bit so that shouldn't be used as an automatic assumption of NWs victory. In the end my knowledge of both characters puts them at a draw with with both having such similar aspects apart from DDs powers and NWs tech which I believe would cancel each other out. However in an aspect that no one has pointed out the most fun part of this fight would be seeing these two make jokes at each other:)

new_onslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is my second favorite character, but this goes to Nightwing. I think it Batman has said that he is a better hand-to-hand fighter than him, and he also has the gadgets.

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By dtschemmel

Please, never disrespect DD like this again.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They've got comparable combat and acrobatics skills, so that ultimately runs out about even. But Nightwing is much better equipped. He's got sonics and tear gas, which will be even more effective against Daredevil, given the heightened nature of his senses. Sure, Nightwing won't know from the get go that Daredevil is blind, but the man was trained by Batman. He's not the world's greatest detective, but he is a very strong detective none the less, and he can definitely figure it out from Daredevil's behavior.

Howard_Go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil would win their would be no way of dick knowing that he's blind he fights better than most people who can see.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@bunkitz: Matt has also been an acrobat since he was a kid after losing his powers he was trained by Stick soon after and has also has training by Master Izo. DD senses are that sharp he can hear someones heart beating from blocks away. Sure Nightwing has the gadgets but DD would no he was going to use it before does. He can feel other pepole's muscle movement's and can smell testosterone in there sweat and that allows him to predict other peoples movements

HansBoy4TehWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By HansBoy4TehWin

Daredevil is probably my favorite character but I would have to hand it to Nightwing because he can use sonics on Daredevil's radar.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing would win.

No Caption Provided

What's stopping him from doing this?

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil wins... Not only is he the greatest comic book hero ever created, he is also more ruthless and willing to go to lengths that Dick won't. He's willing to kill if he finds it's absolutely necessary, or beat someone to within an inch of their life.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new version of Nightwing has a keen feel for reading body language. If his skills are equal or comparable to Cassie Cain, he could figure out Daredevil's blind in the fight. The question is whether Nightwing would last long enough to figure it out.

My vote goes to Nighwing.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing winds if he knows that Daredevil is blind from the get go. I think Daredevil takes it if both have no knowledge of the other.

With that said, I believe it can go either way.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By Nerx
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

With the way the scenario is, Daredevil takes the win.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD FTW. More skill+ powers in addition to the fact Matt goes harder than NW= win for DD. The Batman finding out DD was blind during a fight is pure PIS and WIS.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

daredevil

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#42 god_spawn  Moderator

Daredevil is my second favorite character, but this goes to Nightwing. I think it Batman has said that he is a better hand-to-hand fighter than him, and he also has the gadgets.

That isn't true. Grayson is nowhere near Bruce.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

That isn't true. Grayson is nowhere near Bruce.

In terms of skill? Not a chance. In terms of physicals, they are rather close with Dick having a clear advantage in agility and speed.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#44 god_spawn  Moderator

@deranged_midget: That's what my post was referring to. The user made no mention of physicals, just that Nightwing is better than Bruce in h2h which he clearly is not.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@deranged_midget: That's what my post was referring to. The user made no mention of physicals, just that Nightwing is better than Bruce in h2h which he clearly is not.

Ah gotcha. None of Bruce's "sons" are equal to Bruce in hand-to-hand. I'd say Damian was the only one who had the potential to surpass Bruce with time.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Nightwing was trained by Batman and has the gadgets to disrupt Daredevil's sensory powers. Easy victory for Nightwing.

Misterkyle91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent match-up. Leaning towards Daredevil. Seems like he could take more of a punch or two than Grayson.

KratzALot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DareDevil. It says about being an unpopulated area, so DD won't need to worry about ambient noise to disrupt. Which I think mean NW doesn't figure out a weakness. (And if he does, it'll be too late.)

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Daredevil in a random encounter, but if they fought multiple times NW would probably take the advantage.

Avatar image for beaniemanmartinez
beaniemanmartinez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this would be a good fight!!!!