Avatar image for cellophaneshield
cellophaneshield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Some select faves out of my collection. Some notables: V for Vendetta, Spider-man: Blue, Iron-Man: Extremis, Green Arrow: Quiver, Spider-Man: First appearance of Black Cat, Spider-Man: both First Appearances of Mary Jane, Reign of the supermen....among others

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Funrush

@PsychoKnights said:

@Funrush said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Funrush said:

@PsychoKnights said:

I have two and a half long boxes full...not to mention various piles around the house. So...probably between 700-800...not to mention another hundred in collectors editions. My biggest collections are all the Robins, all the Red Robins, almost all the Runaways, all of Bloodlines, and all of Reign of the Supermen. I'm currently working on big DC events which tie into Robin comics...though I am not getting all of them. I didn't really care for Eclipso: The Darkness Within's main story line, so I don't think I'll shell out the cash for the whole thing.

I would show pictures, but I'm one of the few people left on the planet that does not have a digital camera.

So, you're trying to build a Robin collection? That sounds fun.

I actually finished up my Robin collection last year. Now I'm trying to get all the stories that intersect with the Robin series or otherwise play an important role in Tim's life. On my last order, I got everything from "A Death in the Family" which opens the door for Tim's arrival to Contagion which is a fairly important Bat Verse crossover story.

Ah, Tim specifically. I was going to say I'd look into Batman and Robin if you meant Robin in general.

I like all of the Robins, but Tim is definitely my favorite. I've read all the pre-Flashpoint Batman and Robin, and it was pretty good. I wouldn't mind collecting Nightwing either, but I'm kind of going for a Robin Omnibus. Ideally, I'd like to have every comic Tim has ever appeared in, but that is a tall order. We will see.

Did you get Year Three yet (Tim's first app) or Lonely Place of Dying yet?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By BatWatch

@Funrush: Yep. I've been thinking about posting my list of important Tim Drake comics to comicvine, and if you are interested, then I could PM you when that happens, but the problem is that I didn't always write down why a plot line was important when I was compiling the list, so I've probably forgotten some.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104  Edited By zombietag

glad this thread is still going!

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#105  Edited By Queso6p4

@zombietag: Yeah, I'd forgotten to check it on it, I'm sad to say. :/

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gravitypress

I have 11 long boxes in the attic.

This
JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By JoeEddie

I will try and post later. I am just now rebuilding my collection. As a kid, I had over 200 comics not including the graphic novels I owned. I regret getting rid of them.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Queso6p4

@WaveMotionCannon: Pics or it didn't happen. :)

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By zombietag

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By texasdeathmatch

ooo I'll have to take a picture of my bookcase when I get home tonight.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Queso6p4

@texasdeathmatch: Sweet!

@Glitch_Spawn: The lack of pics or the use of the expression?

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By ragdollpurps

@Violens said:

Damn, Taking photo's is hard... Here's my comic collection.... i also hoard records too ;)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng...! Your record collection! :o

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By Violens

@ragdollpurps: :P

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Queso6p4

@Glitch_Spawn: Oh yeah, I've no doubt of that. I know some guys who have 30-40k comics.I just wrote that to prompt more pictures, really.

Cosmic_Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Cosmic_Supreme
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here is my glorious collection (hopefully you got the joke there). I'm huge on cosmic stuff like my name insists. I most recently finished reading Alan Moore's small Glory run that I picked up at a comic shop, and I also just finished Kick-Ass 2. My favorite out of my collection is probably the Annihilators.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Queso6p4

@Cosmic_Supreme: Nice!

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#119  Edited By kartron
Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#120  Edited By Violens

@kartron: awesome

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

LOL I wish I could be that organized with my comics

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#122  Edited By kartron

@Violens: thanks!:)

@haydenclaireheroes all u have to do is put em all in one place and click a snap!

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#123  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@kartron: Wowza, that's a nice comic cave!

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Queso6p4

@kartron: Very Nice. XD I use the same databasing software. They're awesome!

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#125  Edited By RedQueen

@kartron said:

Here goes mine :) I have a separate room in my apartment dedicated for comics!!!!!

Apart from what is seen here, I have 3 long boxes and 6 short boxes.

And her is my physical collection -> http://connect.collectorz.com/users/kashyaprn/comics/view

I have those posters....XD what I wouldn't give to have a collection as organized as this one....or as big.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Queso6p4

I'm so psyched! I just got Action Comics Vol1 #457 in the mail today! XD My horrible covers collection is officially underway now.

YES! Finally.
YES! Finally.

It's all the creepier that Superman's not saying anything.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127  Edited By PurpleCandy

I am starting to regret giving away the comics I decided to give away :/

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By zombietag

creepiest cover!!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By 2chimcha3

@PurpleCandy: Don't! As long as you gave it to people that treasure it like us, you should be proud.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#130  Edited By thanosrules

Okay, here goes...

Some of you may have seen my previous pictures (here), since then, my collection has grown a bit... and I just had a chance to re-organize and take new pictures!

NOTE: Ten of these images are also posted here (my blog @thanosrules) which has a pretty decent viewer - it kinda makes it feel like you are spinning around the room... tumblr only allows for 10 images per gallery upload though. Here, I was able to add all 12 images...

UPDATE (09/11/2012) - Two new photos of some rearranging and addition of some original art:

Information/Credits on the art:

Behind the Life-Size Silver Surfer:

Above the couch below the Silver Surfer collage:

enJOY!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#131  Edited By IrishX
@thanosrules:  Now the thread is official. The Surfer statue just crushes. I'll reserve this spot for my own display down the road.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#132  Edited By Mercy_

@thanosrules: drools

amazingggg

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Queso6p4

@Mercy_ said:

@thanosrules: drools

amazingggg

Right there with ya.

@thanosrules: That is a gorgeous setup. Nicely painted walls, beautiful floors and everything. XD I hope those comics on your wall are in mylars. I bought that X-Men game when it was on sale on amazon for my kindle fire. I'd forgotten how frustrating it was, though.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By thanosrules

@Queso6p4: THANKS! :D So you, and others know, the comics on the walls are scans and prints of the actual comics I have stored away in a nice safe non-lit place. :) I wanted to represent some of the SS/FF stuff that i owned, without worrying about they getting ruined by the sun or gravity. ;) The X-Men game was my favorite Arcade game when I was a kid... I had to get it for Xbox 360 Arcade... it is pretty easy on there, as you really get unlimited lives - it is a lot shorter than I remember as a kid, playing in the mall, using all my quarters...

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#135  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

@thanosrules said:

Okay, here goes...

Some of you may have seen my previous pictures (here), since then, my collection has grown a bit... and I just had a chance to re-organize and take new pictures!

NOTE: Ten of these images are also posted here (my blog @thanosrules) which has a pretty decent viewer - it kinda makes it feel like you are spinning around the room... tumblr only allows for 10 images per gallery upload though. Here, I was able to add all 12 images...

enJOY!

Ah yes I remember this room, top stuff!

BradyDale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By BradyDale

Just a photo? How about a video of me shuffling around my bajillions of comics in their boxes?

BradyDale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By BradyDale

@zombietag: Nicely done, keeping them out of direct sunlight. Ever think about CGC'ing those babies, if you they are your faves? Talk about locking them down. Hard plastic sealed shell. It's pretty sweet. And you get a grade that - if it's high enough - makes them worth more if you sell them one day. Takes forever tho. Stressful.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By zombietag

@BradyDale said:

@zombietag: Nicely done, keeping them out of direct sunlight. Ever think about CGC'ing those babies, if you they are your faves? Talk about locking them down. Hard plastic sealed shell. It's pretty sweet. And you get a grade that - if it's high enough - makes them worth more if you sell them one day. Takes forever tho. Stressful.

takes forever and you dont get to read em anymore! nah, im not too worried. i take good care of my comics, theyll be alright even without a CGC case. i do have 2 that are in cases, but i got them that way

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Funrush

@thanosrules said:

Okay, here goes...

enJOY!

That's a pretty kick-ass man cave.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By thanosrules

@Funrush: Thanks! :D

nszerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By nszerdy

Here's a handful of my Faves

The worlds Finest is signed by Ramona Fradon, Sheldon Moldoff, and Joe Giella. Batman 2 is signed by Capullo and Batgirl Year One is signed by Chuck Dixon--The FF issue is signed by Joe Sinnott and the Top Amazing Spiderman is signed by Romita Sr.
The worlds Finest is signed by Ramona Fradon, Sheldon Moldoff, and Joe Giella. Batman 2 is signed by Capullo and Batgirl Year One is signed by Chuck Dixon--The FF issue is signed by Joe Sinnott and the Top Amazing Spiderman is signed by Romita Sr.
original sketch cover drawn by Bachalo and also signed by Townsend!
original sketch cover drawn by Bachalo and also signed by Townsend!
Detective Comics 150 signed by Carmine Infantino
Detective Comics 150 signed by Carmine Infantino
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Remarked by Dick Ayers--who drew the full Cast of Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos!
Remarked by Dick Ayers--who drew the full Cast of Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos!
This one is Signed by Tony Bedard, Sheldon Moldoff, Steve Englehart, Jimmy Palmiotti, Mark Waid, Phil Noto, Tim Townsend, Chuck Dixon, Graham Nolan, Roy Thomas, J Scott Campbell, John Beatty, David Finch, Darwyn Cooke, Bill Sienkiwicz, Mart Nodell, Paul Gulacy, Neal Adams, Bob Layton, George Perez, Carmine Infantino, Tim Sale, Dan Jurgens, Greg Capullo, Dennis O'Neil, Nick Cardy and Mark Texeira.
This one is Signed by Tony Bedard, Sheldon Moldoff, Steve Englehart, Jimmy Palmiotti, Mark Waid, Phil Noto, Tim Townsend, Chuck Dixon, Graham Nolan, Roy Thomas, J Scott Campbell, John Beatty, David Finch, Darwyn Cooke, Bill Sienkiwicz, Mart Nodell, Paul Gulacy, Neal Adams, Bob Layton, George Perez, Carmine Infantino, Tim Sale, Dan Jurgens, Greg Capullo, Dennis O'Neil, Nick Cardy and Mark Texeira.
No Caption Provided
nszerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By nszerdy
No Caption Provided
Batgirl's First Appearance (Barbara Gordon) also signed by Carmine Infantino!!!
Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Funrush

@nszerdy said:

Woah. How much did that set you back?

nszerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By nszerdy

@Funrush: $70 and it's in Fine+ condition---I got a really great deal on it! And Carmine's Autograph was $10.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Funrush

@nszerdy said:

@Funrush: $70 and it's in Fine+ condition---I got a really great deal on it! And Carmine's Autograph was $10.

Wow, that really is a great deal!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#146  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided
JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By JoeEddie
No Caption Provided

Okay, don't laugh. I just started collecting again. Will update again when my collection is larger

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By zombietag

@JoeEddie said:

No Caption Provided

Okay, don't laugh. I just started collecting again. Will update again when my collection is larger

birth of venom is the first trade i bought when i started getting into comics again :)

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By JoeEddie

@zombietag said:

birth of venom is the first trade i bought when i started getting into comics again :)

That's awesome. It was the first trade that I bought as well. In my original collection as a kid, I had every Venom appearance from the 80's to the early 90's. I was disappointed to learn that birth of Venom did not contain Amazing Spider-Man ( Vol.1) #347 http://www.comicvine.com/the-amazing-spider-man-the-boneyard-hop/37-34192/ That issue would have been a great addition to the trade with Brock believing Spidey was dead.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By zombietag

@JoeEddie said:

@zombietag said:

That's awesome. It was the first trade that I bought as well. In my original collection as a kid, I had every Venom appearance from the 80's to the early 90's. I was disappointed to learn that birth of Venom did not contain Amazing Spider-Man ( Vol.1) #347 http://www.comicvine.com/the-amazing-spider-man-the-boneyard-hop/37-34192/ That issue would have been a great addition to the trade with Brock believing Spidey was dead.

i own those issues individually. yeah, the trade is great but i think it focuses a little bit too much on spidey in the black suit instead of eddie brock AS venom. those are great stories too, but i bought it to read about venom you know :/