Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Most Promising Publisher of 2014

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Most Promising Publisher of 2014 (288 votes)

Dark Horse Comics 1%
DC Comics 27%
Dynamite Entertainment 1%
IDW Publishing 2%
Image 27%
Marvel 27%
Valiant 15%
Other (Specify below) 1%

We're just about a month into 2014 and various publishers have already revealed some of their big plans for the year. Marvel's releasing dozens of new comics; DC has given us a glimpse of their future via April solicits; Dynamite has made several cool announcements; IDW is creating an X-Files crossover; Dark Horse is bringing back the Alien and Predator franchises; Valiant's crafting a big story for X-O Manowar and doing a Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong crossover; and Image has announced a number of brand new creator-owned comics. So yeah, it goes without saying there's A LOT of appealing announcements for us comic fans. However, this week, we want to know which publisher has the strongest grip on your interest. So, which will it be, Viners?

Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Check the homepage on that day to see which publisher took the prize and why. If you get your elaboration on and make an awesome post, we just may highlight it in Thursday's article! See you then, Viners.

• 
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Giving it to Marvel since I don't read anything from the independent lables and DC as of late has done nothing but disappoint with their new books.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bladewolf

DC, honestly. I think Future's End and Batman Eternal both sound promising, while other titles like Green Arrow are just downright amazing these days.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Valiant

Dark Horse

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Image, by far.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

IDW for Autobot Megatron

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC looks really promising in the the post-Forever Evil world

I mean Lex Luthor in the Justice League, Wally West coming back, A Justice League United Team, Batman Eternal looking epic? Yeah I'm looking forward to that.

Marvel was a close second, lots of good titles coming out (yay Silver Surfer, Magneto, and Moon Knight books), Image looks really good too

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

To not answer obviously, Valiant makes wonderful stuff

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a loaded survey because let's be fair: There's a LOT of readers who don't read books from all publishers. So then the vote basically isn't about which seems promising, but who the voter just happens to like more currently. The first comment here even says so.

I don't think there's any way at all to ask this question and get a real, honest or even remotely accurate result.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

valiant was the least disappointing for me last year... i dont remember regretting buying their comic once

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel for me. Even though Valiant's currently my favorite publisher and I'm so happy to see two of the series I read crossing over, Marvel's giving so many different characters new series this year, which I really like because it shines light on lesser characters and makes their fans happy that they're finally getting a series.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@thomaselliot said:

This is a loaded survey because let's be fair: There's a LOT of readers who don't read books from all publishers. So then the vote basically isn't about which seems promising, but who the voter just happens to like more currently. The first comment here even says so.

I don't think there's any way at all to ask this question and get a real, honest or even remotely accurate result.

Wait, you mean not everyone will take every option properly into account before voting? GASP! But really, who cares what wins or loses? The objective here is to make people aware of what's coming up and give everyone the chance to discuss it and say why they think it's awesometastic. Sure, the winner gets highlighted on Thursday, but there's still two full days of discussing every option here. So, care to say what you're going to vote for or no?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always Marvel and DC.........

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoah, Image is beating Marvel? What trickery is this? Most comicviners rarely read outside the big two!

Avatar image for braynehurricane
braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By braynehurricane

If DC had unleashed all the new titles I was expecting in the April Solicits (judging from all the cancellations, it looks like all the good stuff will be in the May Solicits), they might have taken it - but Image is killing it hardcore. So they've got my vote.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

To not answer obviously, Valiant makes wonderful stuff

Agreed. But I have to go for DC.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I would have voted Dynamite but where's missFury?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Dark Horse is only at 2%? Guess not many are as stoked about the new Predator and Alien comics!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went Valiant

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe DC is winning. I have hardly seen anything from their solicitations that looks worth reading. Or Marvel (minus Daredevil). Image definitely has 2014 just like they dominated 2013.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Image. I don't read a lot of Image but I haven't read anything bad from them and the word of mouth on almost all of their titles is good. As a big DC fan, I'd like to be able to agree with the people voting for them but their future is every bit as in flux as it has been since the New 52 started. In conclusion, the thing that should be taken away from this survey is that all of these publishers have a lot of good stuff. No matter what your tastes are, it is easy to find great comics to read and that makes me happy.

thesleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stuff Image will bring out this year looks cool, but in the end I voted for valiant. Why? Because they are crafing a cohesive universe by interlocking their titles. They give us a 'superhero' universe that feels that little different from the more classical 'verses.

People who don't read valiant yet should really give it a go!

Avatar image for silverjuggernaut
silverJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By silverJuggernaut

Marvel is doing some greate stuff. They are starting to focus a lot in the cosmic area. Silver surfer is getting his own series. I'm eally likeing all the avengers titles mostly new avengers and avengers A.I. fantastic four is awsome. Inhumans is awsome. The invaders looks awsome. I'm enjoying galactus in the ultimate universe. I'm enjoying captain america. Marvel is awsome awsome awsome.

EpicMeltDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By EpicMeltDown

I feel like there are a lot of exciting things coming up for Image. They seem to be winning at the moment. Although, I assume that ultimately since this site mostly covers DC and Marvel publications and therefore attracts mostly DC and Marvel fans that the answer will be....wait for it.....DC or Marvel.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverjuggernaut said:

Marvel is doing some greate stuff. They are starting to focus a lot in the cosmic area. Silver surfer is getting his own series. I'm eally likeing all the avengers titles mostly new avengers and avengers A.I. fantastic four is awsome. Inhumans is awsome. The invaders looks awsome. I'm enjoying galactus in the ultimate universe. I'm enjoying captain america. Marvel is awsome awsome awsome.

I just don't think Mike Allred is right for Silver Surfer. Don't get me wrong, he's a great artist and I loved FF but I can't see his art on a more cosmic title like Silver Surfer. You need something more serious and detailed than what he brings to the table. Chris Samnee is one of my favorite artists ever, I love what he's done on Daredevil but for the same reasons, I don't think he'd be right for Silver Surfer (Issue 30 with him was great, but not a solo title).

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Dark Horse is only at 2%? Guess not many are as stoked about the new Predator and Alien comics!

As well as the new Project Black Sky line of comics and the new Conan the Avenger comic

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Transformers1024

I'm happy to see Image is in the lead. Their new series that were just announced sound great! I'm only picking up 1 DC comic and 1 Marvel title now. Everything else now goes to Image!

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#28  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

DC but only because batman eternal looks good I want to see what happens to Nightwing

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC...Green Arrow is the best book out

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

And people say there's a DC bias on this site....

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I had no idea people loved Image this much until I came on to this website. Not complaining, Image is pretty good but dang...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

TIE BETWEEN MARVEL AND IMAGE. They have some great new series coming out.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hawkguy

Definitely a toss up between Image and Marvel but the Image Expo announcements blow Marvel's renumberings and new series out of the water (although Ellis on Moon Knight is my most anticipated title of the year). As much as I love DC, I'm not too interested in the weekly books, but the recent Dark teaser was cool. Arrrrgh they all make me so happy!

CoryNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Image! BlackScience, Velvet, Deadly Class! What more can you say those three titles alone are great!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Hard to decide between Marvel and IDW. Marvel has my hopes high with the return of Peter Parker and the addition of Venom to Guardians of the Galaxy and Scarlet Spider on the New Warriors. However, TMNT has been a grand slam since its beginning and I am really looking forward to seeing where it takes its readers in 2014.

RedSteel15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have no idea what the Image books are about, so I'll go with Marvel. DC ain't bad a couple of cool new titles, not sure if there's anything new from Dark Horse I want but they have a lot of good stuff already.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By impossibilly

Michel Fiffe is bringing back Copra in 2014, so Copra Press gets my vote for most promising publisher.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Marvel. I use to read a lot of DC but either the books have been cancelled or I stopped reading them and now down to only a few. The only independent ones I read are Black Bat and Captain Midnight so didn't vote for them.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Marvel for me

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

IDW, Marvel, and Image.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Image for me.

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Image, IDW, Dark Horse. Probably Image for me though, with IDW as a very close second. Maybe Oni Press too. I love Sixth Gun, and I hear Hellheim is off to a great start.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going away from the norm. Normally I would say Marvel or DC (and believe me I am hype for what's coming from them) but with upcoming Armor Wars and more Unity issues, my votes going with Valiant

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

IMAGE FTW!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valiant (can I have my Ninjak solo book now?)

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ravisher

image for sure

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

DC.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I can't believe Image is taking this. Really nice to see so much support behind Valiant and Image though.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By viin

Image seems to be shaping up and getting alot more interesting books besides the walking dead. Im looking forward to them, they deserve it just as much as DC or Marvel.