Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Guardians of the Galaxy Character

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Guardians of the Galaxy Character (313 votes)

Drax 10%
Gamora 14%
Groot 21%
Rocket Raccoon 28%
Star-Lord 27%

The Marvel cosmic team has been around for quite some time (the name technically dates back to '69), but with a new movie on the way, the group is quickly gaining more and more fans. Brian Michael Bendis is the man behind the team's latest volume, and seeing as a trailer for the upcoming movie will drop sometime today (keep checking the homepage!), we wanted to be appropriately topical and discuss the team with all of you.

The question is simple: who's your favorite character on the current roster -- which is conveniently the roster that'll appear in the film! Cameos and rotating members aside (here's looking at you, Iron Man, Flash and Angela), who's your favorite character in the group? Star-Lord? Gamora? Drax? Groot? Rocket Raccoon? We want to hear from you! So, get your vote on and tell us why you love one character more than the others.

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Basic advice: if you're not happy with the way the poll is heading, making a positive post about why a character deserves more votes and spreading the word is way more effective than simply complaining about it. On Thursday, an updated article will appear on the homepage. It'll have the results, highlight a post or two from the community, and more. Check back then!

Guardians of the Galaxy is directed by James Gunn and opens August 1.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

The answer is Groot.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for greenlantern8685
GreenLantern8685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Although they all have their merits, I'm totally for Gamora, nothing better than a sexy green alien chick who can kick ass, she's the Deadliest Woman in the Universe for a reason!

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thanosrules: It is because of that moment that I went with Drax. I hope to see that in Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers 2.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Rocket Raccoon. I hate everything about that character. He is quite possibly the only Marvel character that I despise more than Wolverine and Fantomax. That is all.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I voted for Groot. What really solidified him as my favorite Guardian is that free Infinite comic that Bendis did right at the beginning of his run on GotG (amongst other free Infinite comics for Drax, Gamorra, and Rocket Raccoon). I really enjoyed it and his character.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen of them they're all pretty awesome but I went with Groot because he is Groot.

No Caption Provided

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By herrweis

Is this like for real?does anyone really have a favorite guardianss of the galaxy character

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

@vandinejd_1991: I would love to see the entire Annihilation story as a movie. How amazing would that be? Sadly, Drax is not getting the traction here... but anyone that can kill Thanos should be the favorite. haha. But then again, everyone loves woodland creatures with guns. ;)

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mxyzptlk_CV

Gamora is my favorite member...so, of course I voted for her....

ddrohan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By ddrohan

Yondu. And oh, btw, I think Groot is a dumb character.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@herrweis said:

Is this like for real?does anyone really have a favorite guardianss of the galaxy character

Have you ever read Annihilation by Giffen, Annihilation: Conquest, or GOTG by Abnett and Lanning. Great stories and a great run that includes these characters. They all have plenty of time to flesh out their characters and become someones favorite. As other people have mentioned on this thread, there are some missing on the current incarnation that people really like from the DnA run like Cosmo, Phyla-Vell, Mantis, Major Victory. There is also an older run of the original GOTG that takes place in the future. There is plenty of material available to let people have a favorite among these characters.

My personal favorite is Star Lord. Not so much the Bendis version. I loved the character from Annihilation through the Thanos Imperative. He was always working an angle. There isn't a singe character that I think has been improved in the Marvel Now version and have actually dropped the book.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Bierschneeman

I know nothing about guardians of the galaxy. but I want to see the votes.... im going to mess with the results by voting randomly so I can see the results

:P

Edit...WOW, in ONE SECOND before the lock...(literally looking at my post saying "1 seconds ago" and above says "Topic is Locked"