• 122 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Like it or not, Man of Steel established a new DC movieverse and it's already confirmed we'll see Henry Cavill step into the suit again for a sequel. But now we're left wondering who will appear in the sequel -- especially if this will lead into Justice League. The film had some easter eggs scattered throughout (Supergirl, Lex Luthor, Batman, etc), but we want to know who you're itching to see in the sequel. We created a poll and one character took a very strong lead: Brainiac.

No Caption Provided

Considering Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer went heavy on the sci-fi elements in Man of Steel, it's totally understandable why people would love to see Brainiac in this universe and why he could fit in well. Additionally, his inclusion could organically introduce Supergirl and further Lex's hate for aliens. And speaking of Lex, I think he's the logical choice for the next film. Not only was there two easter eggs for him, but the conclusion of Man of Steel serves as a great motivator for the character. It's entirely possible he could have lead and funded the rebuild effort in Metropolis. Witnessing the raw power and destruction just one alien is capable of can serve as a great motivator for him. And, who knows what he'd create to counter Superman? We could very well see a new version of Metallo or Parasite if he takes that path.

Check out the rest of the poll results below.

Remember to visit the homepage next Tuesday for an all-new "Comic Book Question of the Week!" In the meantime, you're more than welcome to suggest question ideas below.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Brainiac is pretty cool but I want to see Luthor.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same here. But, Braniac would still be awesome.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Brainiac. And this time, no killing. I wouldn't mind a Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, or Aquaman cameo. Maybe Supergirl too. Or... Krypto! :p

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Superman should kill everyone in this next film.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still surprised no Braniac cameo in Man of Steel.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By batmannflash

I've been saying this since I watched Man of Steel, and I think that it should go like this:

After the terrible destruction of Metropolis, Luthor pays for a lot of the damage and continues to build himself up the social ladder. However, he feels that he will never be better than Superman so he funds a lot of space explorations in order to find someone to get rid of Superman. He finds Brainiac! Brainiac decides to invade Earth and ultimately take it over. Superman stops him and so on...but he has no idea that Luthor was behind all this. At the end, we see Luthor shake hands with Amanda Waller as the camera shows a large door that says Project Cadmus: which could open up with many possibilities for Man of Steel 3.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

"The bad guys can't wipe out all life on Earth.....if I do it first!"

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Oh and Wonder Woman cameo after the credits

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Yeah, I'd rather there not be a "Man of Steel 2." Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The only reason people like it is for the over-the-top action and because it is the first movie where Superman actually has over-the-top action. There is no story, no depth, no character, and terrible writing. Even the jokes in it are terrible.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

To be honest, if they put Brainiac in the next movie (which I hope since I voted for him), I hope they use the TAS robot version, Johns' green-skinned version would just look a tad silly on screen, I think (it's a big green man with lights mounted on his head).

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#11 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

"The bad guys can't wipe out all life on Earth.....if I do it first!"

exactly

johnpariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my friends and i were talking...perfect plot for Man of Steel 2:

The government enacts Project Cadmus-who has confiscated Zod's corpse. Cadmus reaches out to Wayne Enterprises for funding-but they of course say no. This makes them turn to a xenophobic Lex Luthor-to have Lexcorp back Cadmus.

Meanwhile, NASA sends a craft to look for remnants of Krypton, the mission fails and Superman fails to save the ship-critically injuring Captain Hank Henshaw.

Using Kryptonian DNA (from Zod) and Lexcorp / Cadmus technology, they create the Cyborg Superman...to act as Earths real protector-against the 'alien menace' that is Superman

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

cool, but Lex needs to be in MoS 2

Jackmaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it's Lex Luthor.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It makes no sense for Brianiac to be in the 2nd film, he should be in the 3rd

AndresZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndresZR

lex luthor, and he will be the good of the history in the next film, telling people that we cant trust in superman for what he has done. and he is right, how can we be confident of a superman like this one.

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AWeekInGeekdom

Luthor should be morally ambiguous in a sequel, leaving the opportunity for a possible third movie with him as the main villain. (I really want to see a darn power suit)

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac would be redundant.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wants to see Metallo?!? One of the lamest villains ever, closely followed by Parasite! Its so boring when they depower Superman. I like a villain that doesn't depower Kal El and still is a threat!

Brainiac is a great choice! I would love to see Darkseid, but thats for JLA, I think. Luthor is great too, if they get a good actor and make him really scary and evil. Not the bumbling fool from the old movies.

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac is a cool villain we haven't seen in live action before so i would be excited if he was the villain in the sequel.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I kinda hope both Brainiac and Luthor will be in the next movie. And Lex better be a "mad scientist" type in this one. Tired of the business tycoon.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope luthor NEVER gets to be in another superman live action movie. he was in 4 movie. he's had enough.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@shallbecomeabattoo: ah 14 year old mentality. things go crash, superman doesnt save anybody besides named characters and kills. edgy and dark. oh wait ..... that's somebody else....... animal man.

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe...

Man of Steel 2: Braniac attacks Earth a couple of years after Superman has defeated Zod and helped the people in many ways since then. The attack triggers the U.S. government to ask him to destroy the invader, but Superman still feels remorse about what happened with Zod and tries to find a way to stop Braniac without destroying it. Superman, with difficulty, is able to defeat Braniac but causes the government to turn against him due to his refusal to destroy Braniac.

Man of Steel 3: Lex Luthor steps in and sways the government to believe that Superman is subject to destroying them all at any time after the events of the second film. He persuades them to work on a project that will create a creature that can destroy Superman called Doomsday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Supergirl deserved more votes...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@aquahawk said:

Maybe...

Man of Steel 2: Braniac attacks Earth a couple of years after Superman has defeated Zod and helped the people in many ways since then. The attack triggers the U.S. government to ask him to destroy the invader, but Superman still feels remorse about what happened with Zod and tries to find a way to stop Braniac without destroying it. Superman, with difficulty, is able to defeat Braniac but causes the government to turn against him due to his refusal to destroy Braniac.

Man of Steel 3: Lex Luthor steps in and sways the government to believe that Superman is subject to destroying them all at any time after the events of the second film. He persuades them to work on a project that will create a creature that can destroy Superman called Doomsday.

That's very creative!

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be lex luthor creating cyborg superman or something, trust me

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see both in the second film

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has to be Lex. Brainiac really isn't different from Zod in the grand scheme of things (alien invader threatening the world). Lex is a different villain in that he would challenge Superman intellectually and politically at a time in which he really needs to establish his legitimacy. We could still get a power suit slugfest in the end, but Lex as the main villain, killing Superman's public credibility while using smaller villains like Metallo to try and duke it out w/ Superman would make perfect sense.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Barkley

@ultrastarkiller:

why not both....Luthor creates or discovers brainiac.....the more the merrier

Avatar image for wallcrawlercapedcrusader
WallCrawlerCapedCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still want Supergirl!

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone but Luthor please.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquahawk said:

Maybe...

wow could you write the movie...hot idea

Avatar image for wallcrawlercapedcrusader
WallCrawlerCapedCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Therefore we can see Brainiac and Supergirl.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Brainiac should be saved for the third movie. We've already seen an invasion in MoS, it would be better if they do something different this time, that's why I voted Luthor, he may have appeared in almost every Superman movie but we have yet to see the real Luthor from the comics.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I went for Doomsday just to see some awesome fight scenes.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Braniac all the way.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By KRYPTON

Brainiac is more than likely going to appear in the sequel

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@nerdork said:

Same here. But, Braniac would still be awesome.

@barkley said:

@ultrastarkiller:

why not both....Luthor creates or discovers brainiac.....the more the merrier

I want to see both in the second film

Ya your right they should do like a JLU type thing.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: Or, ya know, he could just have a different opinion than you of what the movie should have.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mark15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any villain that's put in the sequel will seem like a repeat (alien invasion, superpowered beings, making it look like Superman is against Earth), so you just have to not let that bother you and just be excited for some stunning comicbook visuals come to life

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want them to change thigns up from normal villains at some point. Have Braniac in the next film, but introduce Luthor as a major character, and have him steal some of Supermans DNA. Then, MoS 3 could have a Superboy Prime-eqsue villain, under Luthor's guidance, I think that'd be cool.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Personally I would like to see Lex Luthor and Parasite as the villains of the next movie; having Lex as the mastermind while Parasite presents something that can take Superman on head-to-head. This would give Superman a challenge as he won't only be fighting something with his brute strength, but also having to fight Lex as he tries to paint Superman as a threat to humanity rather than a hero.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: Maybe it just sounded rather harsh in my head for some reason. Unless the poster really was 14 then I just took the whole thing completely out of context lol.