waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2

No Caption Provided

Boy oh boy! Today is a good day for some Chuck Dixon comics! Like his legendary Nightwing series.

No Caption Provided

I wish president Donald Trump the best.

No Caption Provided

… What? I KNOW that’s not what he says in this panel, but…

No Caption Provided

Oh, never mind. I will read something else.

No Caption Provided

Kids shouldn’t be told about homosexuality in comics.

No Caption Provided

… What is going on here?

No Caption Provided

Lesbian Batwoman as an example of editors making writers conform to their agenda.

No Caption Provided

OH MY GOD! I have read so many of Dixon’s douchebag comments and statements that I imagine that I read them whenever I read one of his comic books!

No Caption Provided

Clinton is a crook.

No Caption Provided

DAMMIT, I can’t read any of these awesome stories without recalling all his bullcrap!

No Caption Provided

WAIT! Connor Hawke! He is so awesome that I will forget about how petty a person Dixon is and just focus on his great writing, nothing else!

No Caption Provided

Vox Day is not that bad a guy.

No Caption Provided
RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

nice

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your stuff is cringeworthy to Nth degree. Even more so now that it’s clear you don’t see comicsgate in a positive light. I think it’s really funny that retailers are only now realizing and saying the things that noteworthy figures in comicsgate have been saying for years.

But hey, I’m sure you are completely content with where the comics industry is today.

And the fact that you acknowledge that his stories are awesome but still can’t bring yourself to reading them, not being able to separate the stories from the man, regardless of where you stand on politics speaks volumes.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: I don't really care about someone's cause when that cause somehow involves vandalism of stores as well as bothering female writers, accusing them of being fake fangirls.

If someone has an opinion, they shouldn't necessarily join a toxic movement simply because their opinions are similar to yours.

And I can read them and appreciate them for what they are. Good stories, written by a not bad but kinda petty man. This 5-panel is a joke.

I'm not okay with the comic industry, but diversity is not the problem. Editors who makes bad calls like n52 are the problem.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phillip33

@waezi2: no spokesperson for comicsgate has ever called for the vandalism of stores. All of them actively preach nonviolence. Stop talking out of your ass.

They don’t bother female writers specifically, they speak out against the hiring of writers who have little experience, and certainly not enough experience to be writing a marvel comic. Most of the writers they speak out against are white men, it just so happens that heir criticism of female writers becomes the most publicized because female writers for some reason or another are protected from criticism... a lot of the comics hate figure heads speak out about female writers who they have loved in the past, and who have written solid, good selling stories. Almost all of the writers they criticize, females included, can’t sell more than 20k issues which is downright pathetic. If you think they are attacking female writers for the sole purpose that they are women, you are terribly misinformed.

Comics gate isn’t toxic, they just bring issues to the forefront that other media outlets are too scared to talk about due to far left backlash. This is backlash that comes from a very vocal minority of comic book readers. Diversity isn’t the problem, I agree. But diversity for the sake of diversity is a problem. Introducing an lgbtq or character of color should be natural, and shouldn’t come at the detriment of established characters.... such as hulk, Thor, Ironman, iceman, or captain America. All characters that were either killed off, replaced, or radically changed to fit a political narrative.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

well, that's depressing

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damm, this is about to get ugly

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damm, this is about to get ugly

Nope, because of a little thing called flagging. If someone want to debate, fine with me. But don't tell me that I talk out of my ass. Seriously, where does this aggressiveness come from?

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phillip33

@waezi2: flagging me for saying “talking out of your ass”?? Pretty petty. What else would you call saying a blatant lie? Classic move. Ignore 98% of my post for a couple of mild words. Honestly I just don’t think you have anything to reply with that holds any substance. The aggressiveness comes from me watching my favorite industry die because the industry and a select few fans don’t want to acknowledge the problems that they have created and continue to ignore.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think you missed the point of explaining a comic in 5 panels

you're doing the meme wrong

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

I think you missed the point of explaining a comic in 5 panels

you're doing the meme wrong

Not really, comics in 5 panels is my work and something I have done for years. But I also have to try and stretch it and try out out-of-the-box ideas, even if said ideas are miles away from the box:)

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea: we might be able to have a discussion about the state of the industry and causes of said state, but alas feelings are too easily mangled.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@waezi2: yeah, the only good ones I've seen, explain a comic run in 5 panels, either you forgot what you're doing or that wasn't you

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: If you don't like it, then I have to live with that. Sometimes, you try something out, and you fail.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth:

@warlockmage: @kairan1979:

@riddlersriddle: @green_tea: @amazing_webhead: @worldofthunder:

You know something, guys? Sometimes, it is very tempting to keep talking to someone just so you can keep repeating your point and add details. But sometimes, you have to pick your battles and realize that if someone is starting out with calling what you think for cringe-worthy, then that person is not that interested in talking with you as much as talking AT you. Someone who keeps writing comments despite them being ignored by the guy who they want to debate with, simply because they can't take no for an answer or take a hint.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: sometimes you just shouldn’t start a fire that a) you have no intention of even trying to put out, or b) have no ability to put out.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikuyamaha: Thank you. Also, I see you commented quickly compared to when I posted it, impressive speed :)

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@waezi2: diversity is definitely a problem when it’s put down our throats for the sake of diversity.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eto

Regardless of his political view (why the heck should we even care), he writes great stories. That’s EXACTLY what matter, the content, not the bs politics.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

@waezi2: diversity is definitely a problem when it’s put down our throats for the sake of diversity.

EH, the real problem is that some of the writers for the titles with diversity are good writers, but not comic writers. They aren't in their right element, THAT is a problem.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Jgames

Ah the old dead of the author debate. Whether one should seperate the art from the author. Or whether one is even capable of it.

Which when it comes to TV shows or movies and especially animation, it is easy to seperate a director like Brian Singer from the x-men movies. Because they are a group effort project and not just one person.

Comics is a bit harder. Even with the editors and other stuff that comes with comics, especially stuff like Marvel and DC, it is usually writer driven. So I do get why stuff like that can bother someone. Especially when set person has vast different politicals views.

Not going into comic gate or anything because honestly it just devolve into petty arguements, and not constructive ones.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

Regardless of his political view (why the heck should we even care), he writes great stories. That’s EXACTLY what matter, the content, not the bs politics.

Oh, I agree. This is a joke, not a reflection of reality.

The reason to why I care is more about him saying that politics has no place in comics... even though he puts politics in comics himself and he only seems to think it is a problem when it is something where he disagrees. Seems petty.

And why would a man who wrote possibly the most famous pregnant teen superhero think that homosexuality is a bad thing in child's media? Seems a bit... off.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: fair enough man.

Man, you need to do your actual [inster comic title] in 5 panels!

I had a good chuckle over some of those,

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Working on it. But after over 200 of them, it get's harder to keep it fresh.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: sorry I didn’t meant to sound aggressive, I wa just surprised by Phillips comments

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Ah the old dead of the author debate. Whether one should seperate the art from the author. Or whether one is even capable of it.

Which when it comes to TV shows or movies and especially animation, it is easy to seperate a director like Brian Singer from the x-men movies. Because they are a group effort project and not just one person.

Comics is a bit harder. Even with the editors and other stuff that comes with comics, especially stuff like Marvel and DC, it is usually writer driven. So I do get why stuff like that can bother someone. Especially when set person has vast different politicals views.

Not going into comic gate or anything because honestly it just devolve into petty arguements, and not constructive ones.

With a guy like Frank Miller it is forgivable since he is more or less a cartoon character now. And it is not fair that comic companies let him write just so they can cash in on his name. Dixon just seems like... kind of a dick.

Agree with him or not, he is somewhat petty and gets annoyed when someone does something political in comics despite the fact that HE has done political things in comics. And his comment about gay couples in comics being unsuitable for children might not be intentionally homophobic, but it is silly that a man who invented Spoiler AKA the most famous pregnant teen superhero, thinks that same sex romance is inappropriate.

He criticized Batwoman as an example of forced political correctness, which is stupid since she is a fan favorite character who came into comics when it was still somewhat controversial to be lesbian in the media. AND she was created by the writers, not because of editor demand.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kids shouldn’t be told about homosexuality in comics

So what if he thinks that?? He's conservative and perhaps it's against his religous beliefs. I he were Muslim and thought this would you complain?? Judging by some of your past posts, probably not.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By waezi2

@cattlebattle said:

Kids shouldn’t be told about homosexuality in comics

So what if he thinks that?? He's conservative and perhaps it's against his religous beliefs. I he were Muslim and thought this would you complain?? Judging by some of your past posts, probably not.

No, it is the hypocrisy that bothers me. He invented Spoiler who got pregnant as a teenager, how is that more suitable for kids compared to two same-sex people who... I don't know, hold hands and kiss?

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Combo-Man

Chuck Dixon is a legend.

and Vox Day, well I like him. he's only been in the industry for like a year, and he's already put a bunch of comics out.

I loved much of Dixon's mainstream work in the 90s. I'm sure his current Arkhaven work will be good too. great writer overall.

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: no problem, i read insanely fast and type insanely fast.

Avatar image for oswaldcobblepot
OswaldCobblepot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So all I have to do to get people to comment on my blogs is NOT try my beast, but simply write something that could imply that someone is not perfect because if their petty world view? Good to know.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By infantfinite128

At least you can still enjoy the writing despite your different views.

I don't care for fornication in media, but since it's been so normalized in fiction, and Marv Wolfman made Dick a promiscuous character, Dixon did a good job with his Nightwing showing that the character had a sinful struggle with lust due to loneliness instead of promoting it as a casual activity like a handshake that Marv Wolfman and writers made it out to be.

I thought Dixon using the pregnancy as a good message to show the sanctity of life in sparing an unborn child's life since many teens are having sex.

Homosexuality wasn't normalized, but it's continued to be normalized. I love everyone, but same-sex attractions are a mental disorder and sodomy is really perverse and evil. I don't want it in my fiction.

I'm fan of Chuck Dixon, and I voted for Donald Trump.

Perhaps, you think I'm a petty person too, but I probably agree with most of Chuck Dixon's views on fiction.

I think it's horrible how much kids have gotten desensitized to evil in fiction.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: Vox Day said this:

"I don’t believe I could recommend this as a strategy for most men, but it is surely educational to learn that raping and killing a woman is demonstrably more attractive to women than behaving like a gentleman. …there is absolutely nothing to argue about here. It is an established empirical fact.

I would go so far to argue that if you are being introduced to a woman you find attractive, she will be more attracted to you if you slap her in the face without warning and walk away without explanation than if you smile and tell her that you are very pleased to meet her. Now this, being a mere hypothesis, can be argued. And tested, if you’re feeling especially scientific this weekend"

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Thank you for this.

I really liked his book "Jordanetics: A Journey Into the Mind of Humanity's Greatest Thinker" which I got interested in after seeing this Owen Benjamin interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0Lmj5_PpY

I looked up the quote on Google and found it here:

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/09/killer-game.html

I appreciate you for informing me so I can look into him more.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jgames

@infantfinite128: just curious, why do you think being gay is a mental disorder? Because while I can see a case for Trans, since the main reason is no longer consider a mental illness from the CDC is to not demonized people seeking help and its way more complicated. But being gay is not consider one anymore since there no actual reliable evidence for this.

Also I do find it funny how two people loving each other is suddenly evil if they the same gender. Which is basically saying hey that two lesbian who adopted you after your dad kill your mom and has care for you, they evil. Hey my sweet and smart gay friends, they evil. Hey that random kid who is gay, he also evil. I just personally disagree with that view. I know my cousins and uncle and aunt were like that since they were very religious, and said stuff like them going to hell. But as time change, so did their thoughts on homosexuality.

Not trying to say you simply a terrible person for thinking like that because again I know people who are decent people who has that type of thinking, hell I was a bit like that too. Just curious on why you think its evil, aside from just your religion (by the way I am catholic also, granted not really devoted to it tbh).

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames:Thank you for your reply.

Anyone can love anyone.

Love is willing the best for another person.

Sexual intercourse can be a loving embrace if it is ordered toward a couple bringing in children into a stable family where they can be cared for and raised to selflessly to serve God and lead their neighbors to God's teachings.

It's why it's not loving to use contraception, even in married couples, because it subverts the loving, life-giving purpose of sexual intercourse.

The men and women are basically using each-other as sexual gratification masturbation tools.

Everyone struggles with lust. Some may not struggle with homosexual desires but they might desire to fornicate, contracept, use pornography, masturbate, etc. None of it is good. To act on those acts would pervert the loving act.

Similar to struggles with wrath. Righteous anger can be a helpful tool to help selflessly defend someone's life. That's a loving act. But to use one's anger for revenge wouldn't be loving.

I know I wasn't completely secular, but I hope this was helpful.

Perhaps, this might be helpful:

If I see a guy drinking a bottle of poison, what would be the loving thing to do:

Should I point out the skull and crossbones on the bottle so I don't hurt his feelings and make him dislike me even though it will lead to his destruction?

Or should I spare his and my feelings so he still likes me even though it will lead to his destruction?

I'd argue the first choice is a loving act.

The second act is a cowardly act—an evil act.

If a Catholic believes an act will lead someone to Hell for all eternity, what should he or she do?

Also,

“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it” (1 Cor. 10:13).

and

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

4 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; 5 it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jgames
kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers