Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Photo by Marvel.com
Photo by Marvel.com

Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have signed on to write the upcoming climax to Marvel's phase 3: Avengers: Infinity War. The duo is already known for their work as the writers of Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: Winter Soldier, and the upcoming Captain America: Civil War.

Announced on Marvel.com, part one of Infinity War will hit theaters on May 4, 2018 and part two will release on May 3, 2019, marking the end of phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Producer Kevin Feige is excited about the news:

“Chris and Steve have been an integral part of the Marvel family since the early days of Phase 1, and their work speaks for itself... We couldn’t be more excited to have them with us to help guide the Avengers through their biggest story yet.”

More news on the two-part phase 3 finale as it develops.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Damn I'm really looking forward to this... The MCU and DCCU is finally heating up!!! Hopefully Avengers: Infinity War part 1 & 2 ends the MCU with a bang!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

the one good thing about Whedon leaving: now we might actually get to hear "Avengers Assemble"

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You lost me at "winter soldier." That's all I needed to know this movie is going to be INCREDIBLE.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decent writing team and with Russo's directing I'm not worried.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not worried about this film!

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

Defiantly looking forward to Avengers 3 & 4 now.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Everything is awesome!

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yesss

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good sign...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Damn I'm really looking forward to this... The MCU and DCCU is finally heating up!!! Hopefully Avengers: Infinity War part 1 & 2 ends the MCU with a bang!

Those aren't the last Marvel films iirc.

Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Really? I thought that was how they were going to finish the MCU.. I mean once they have all the others come out.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

YESSSSSSS

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ccraft

@starscream_vs_you: Nope, November 9th 2019 Inhumans will come out in theaters , it's the last movie on the line up atm.

Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: After Avengers: Infinity War 1 & 2??

Avatar image for sodiummastermind
SodiumMastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@starscream_vs_you: @ccraft: Infinity War part 2 is released in May 2019. After that, Inhumans will probably be released later in 2019. These are the furthest away announced films, but Marvel will certainly make more, which will be announced later on. The MCU is just too big a franchise to finish. I reckon it will keep going for ages, at least until phase 7 or 8(Infinity War and Inhumans are phase 3)

Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodiummastermind: That would have been a nice cap-off on the MCU been I can see why they would continue on with others.

SodiumMastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starscream_vs_you: For the story, I guess it would have worked to finish it, but they just make SO MUCH MONEY that there's no point. Also, there are so many characters and corners of the Comics they haven't covered

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ccraft

@starscream_vs_you: @ccraft: Infinity War part 2 is released in May 2019. After that, Inhumans will probably be released later in 2019. These are the furthest away announced films, but Marvel will certainly make more, which will be announced later on. The MCU is just too big a franchise to finish. I reckon it will keep going for ages, at least until phase 7 or 8(Infinity War and Inhumans are phase 3)

There's no way they would end it with Inhumans, they will keep making more and more films, I pretty much agree with ya. Idk if they could keep making them that long, that would be like 2020 or 2030.

SodiumMastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Maybe not, but I think they could do. They're not short of money or source material, the only thing that could stop them getting that far is if the public get bored of MCU films

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

AWESOME CHOICES!!!!!!

~MiB

Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Don't know about that. Marvel is pushing the Inhumans really hard nowadays more so than before..

@sodiummastermind: I totally agree with that. There is so many stories to tell!

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the one good thing about Whedon leaving: now we might actually get to hear "Avengers Assemble"

aaaand no more villains cracking jokes every minute they're on screen.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead said:

aaaand no more villains cracking jokes every minute they're on screen.

here's to looking at the bright side of things!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Very good news

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still interested in finding out if the Hulk will have any part in this story line even though he was absent in the original comic arc.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jlarturo said:

You lost me at "winter soldier." That's all I needed to know this movie is going to be INCREDIBLE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they can do better than Whedon with the writing.

In terms of the MCU ending, it will probably not last that long after Infinity War, unless they renew the contracts of the originals, but I doubt RDJ and Evans will want to go on after that. Hemsworth and Ruffalo probably will but they probably won't recast cap and IM. If they aren't resigning they should kill them off in Infinity War and end the MCU there. I don't think it could last very long without the original avengers.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Agreed, while I like that they teased it at the end of AoU, I'm always afraid they'll have Iron Man be the one to say it instead of Cap, but since he was about to say it at the end of AoU I'm hoping they'll build it up to him saying it in Infinity Wars, when the Avengers are broken and beaten by Thanos, Cap finally says "Avengers Assemble" on screen to rally all of the Avengers, including Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk.

TieDyeBowtie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope the MCU ends in 2019. Good things have to come to an end, and I don't want the public to get sick of Marvel stuff.

SodiumMastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SodiumMastermind

@jayc1324 said:

In terms of the MCU ending, it will probably not last that long after Infinity War, unless they renew the contracts of the originals, but I doubt RDJ and Evans will want to go on after that. Hemsworth and Ruffalo probably will but they probably won't recast cap and IM. If they aren't resigning they should kill them off in Infinity War and end the MCU there. I don't think it could last very long without the original avengers.

I think that it would be possible to continue without the originals. Maybe they could break away from the comics and come up with their own storylines which involve the other characters, as well as the Inhumans. I think that because they are introducing the New Avengers so early(who will probably feature in Cap:Civil War and the 2 Infinity Wars, along with other character movies like Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange), by the time Infinity War ends, they will become as recognised as the originals. They may be not as popular right now as the originals, even in comics, but the movies could change that.

But you are right about their contracts. I don't think RDJ's contract lasts long after Infinity War. I think that it ends in Iron Man 4(which isn't even confirmed yet).

CapAmericaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap America costume should have been upgraded in Avengers Infinity War before facing Thanos just like that of Iron Spider and Iron Man's Nano Tech.

If only Captain America had a vibranium suit like that of black panther. A cap america scene should be included where Cap meets the splice (from Jupiter Ascending movie) where the splice (Channing Tatum) hands Cap his flying boots and shield as well before meeting thanos. Isnt that a great idea....?