Characters with OCD?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By IrishX

I know there have been many characters with mental disorders like The Sentry or Typhoid Mary but I was wondering if there have been any with Obsessive-compulsive disorder specifically?

Here is the definition from the International OCD Foudation -

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder of the brain and behavior. OCD causes severe anxiety in those affected. OCD involves both obsessions and compulsions that take a lot of time and get in the way of important activities the person values.

From the Free Online Medical Dictionary -

Disorder characterized by persistent, intrusive, and senseless thoughts (obsessions) or compulsions to perform repetitive behaviors that interfere with normal functioning.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Batman.

Can either of you provide specific examples or give a good reasoning? Not sure being obsessed about fighting crime is enough to be considered OCD.

Have they ever shown Batman open and close the batcave entrance 3 times before going off to fight crime, or has Bruce Wayne given Alfred the night off because he has to clean the entire mansion himself for example?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Interesting and thanks for posting him too. On his page it says he does exhibit one of the common traits of the disorder where he washes often but it seems he does so for a different reason.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mad Hatter

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@irishx said:

@mega_spidey01 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Batman.

Can either of you provide specific examples or give a good reasoning? Not sure being obsessed about fighting crime is enough to be considered OCD.

Have they ever shown Batman open and close the batcave entrance 3 times before going off to fight crime, or has Bruce Wayne given Alfred the night off because he has to clean the entire mansion himself for example?

I think his obsession fighting crime, not killing, and incessant analyzing of things can let him be considered to have OCD. Or maybe he's just paranoid.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: I don't own all of his appearances, so I maybe can't give you a full answer.

He would wash obsessively when he was younger thinking he was really white, but as an adult he seems to do it when he's stressed, or reacts highly to not particularly unclean things like this:

No Caption Provided

I'll see if I can find some more examples.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Flash, all versions!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

no hero....people with OCD have trouble dealing with ordinary life....like Michael J Fox in Scrubs, you might be stuck rewashing your hands over and over again for hours, or like Jack Nicholson in (can't rememebr the name....) you might need to eat the exact same meal with your own cutlery at the exact same place....even if it closed down.

or like my uncle...who started out not being able to go through a door unless he touched it twice....than he added a spin....somewhere a whoop, and sitting cross legged 10 times....and other things I failed to note.....we took all the doors off in his house....but it could still take him two hours to leave by the outside door.

I can see a villain easily having the disorder...maybe I guess a hero with a mild underdevelopped form...maybe..

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I'm not sure if it's been specifically stated in a comic, but would Two-Face count?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

GOT IT BAD

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points