Character Hate

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A big trend on this site is character hate, and I do not care much for that. What is up with that? If you bring up certain characters and make valid points about certain characters, people get angry. Starkiller (star wars) is a prime example. While is not the most POWERFUL jedi, he is not weak. I have heard valid points about the character, like that he is not the best swordsman, but I have also heard that he is "non canon and the game was garbage" and other nonsense like this.

The dude could pull a star destroyer and he beat Vader twice. He is not weak. Another character who gets the thumbs down is Shang Chi. Shang has taken the likes of Tarantula, Wolverine, Cat, The Thing, Hiriom and many others. I still hear people say that Lady Shiva would own him easily.

It makes no sense.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Because people have opinions, that they're entitled to, no matter how unreasonable they may be.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i JUST dON'T undersTAnD WHY ThEy do tHAT.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@generator2000: It's usually because they have an ignorant, preconceived notion about a certain character and they don't usually want to listen to someone when they present evidence to the contrary.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Also, some people think saying a character would lose a battle is somehow tantamount to "hating" him. I don't see how someone saying Shang Chi would get beat by Lady Shiva=Hate. It may be inaccurate, but how is it "hate"? Is it hate merely because you disagree?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JeanRalphio
@generator2000 said:

he is "non canon and the game was garbage"

lol. I'm sorry to undermine your whole post but who said this?...lol

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By generator2000

@jeanralphio: Just go onto a board, forum or comment section. You'll see it. The non canon comment was made on another site, but you'll hear things like that along the line of that, even though Lucas accepted the story as a part of his mainstream universe. I hear people say that the game was horrible often. Just go onto any board with Galen's name.

@manwhohaseverything: I've heard people say that he was below Batman, Nightwing, Iron Fist and other notable martial artists even though he has been shown to be as good or even better than some of the names mentioned.

Avatar image for explodingpineapple
explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Lobo though, if I got to choose than people could say bye bye to them.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really, really, really overestimating Supes and Bats. Batman is far worse, it's not hate it's just sheer ignorance of other characters they face off against.

Example, Black Panther and Blade should never be losing to Batman in any way.
Superman cannot beat Goku from SSJ2-4, end of story.

Good day.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Imagine_Man15

People really, really, really overestimating Supes and Bats. Batman is far worse, it's not hate it's just sheer ignorance of other characters they face off against.

Example, Black Panther and Blade should never be losing to Batman in any way.

Superman cannot beat Goku from SSJ2-4, end of story.

Good day.

See, I agreed with you until right there... that Superman/Goku thing... that was where you lost me.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

BallPointHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BallPointHero
generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@manwhohaseverything: I've heard people say that he was below Batman, Nightwing, Iron Fist and other notable martial artists even though he has been shown to be as good or even better than some of the names mentioned.

To me..that's not hate. Hate to me would be "Shang Chi is boring. His character is annoying and only used as a prop for other heroes. Why they just get rid of him?" That's hate. Not "He would lose to Batman." Let me put it this way. I don't think Batman could beat Captain America. (Some disagree, but oh well.) Does this mean I hate Batman? Heck, no. He's my favorite character, and I think his book is better than Cap's about 90% of the time. Maybe this thread should be titled "People underestimating character's combat ability" because I think that's what you're confusing with hate.

jason55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers