Chances Infinity War Part 1 becomes highest grossing film EVER.

• 132 results
monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not even close.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

I can't see anything beating Avatar in the near future.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archangel01:

İt wont even pass 1,3 billion dolars

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAH Stop lying to yourself

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll make bank, but it has absolutely no chance at highest grossing of all time.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Spambot

I can't see anything beating Avatar in the near future.

I think sw ep 9 has a chance if ep 8 is really good.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if James Cameron directed it.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I highly doubt that they are gonna make any profit on this movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Yea,but like I said. People are saying that,but it isn't showing. They keep making more and more money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown: yea but the mcu movie with the highest box office still remains the first avengers movie

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown: Eh not really. They are making money but they arent surpassing their highest. It would be one thing if their movies were in an upwards trend but it is more downward/steady then anything

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slim, Low, Tiny, Minuscule, microscopic, small.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry You guys are really dumb if you don't think the grand finale of the entire MCU won't make more than the first avengers.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By g2_

Honestly, there is a good chance it could. The MCU has been building up for 10 years.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@saberscar223: Wow. To each their own man. If you don't agree then that's fine. No need to get butt hurt about it.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I very well could see that.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jonez_ said:

Unlikely but not impossible. With the right marketing I can see 2.25 billion.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: lol sorry it's just if you realise the scale of the movie you'll know there is no way in the world people aren't going to show up. It's almost like saying Spider-Man won't sell a single ticket.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At its best it would make 2 Bill.

No way its passing Avatars 2.7

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than one percent chance. I hope people don't call this film a flop because they had unrealistic expectations(Like Spider-Man Homecoming).

keshav jha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough to say, but I think it has a shot at becoming the second highest grosser of all time.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's amazing, and gets those recurring tickets, it has a chance.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm... Gone With the Wind did not make that much cash.

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is always safe to bet against ANY movie to break the record for the highest grossing film.

However, it is far from remote to suggest this epic film could possibly be the highest grossing comic book based movie.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would definitely make more than 1.5 billion.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Doom_Phd

Not surpassing 1.5 billion not even sure it will get that. The legs for this will be cut right from under it between Solo Star Wars Movie at the end of the month, followed by deadpool 2, Jurassic world 2, and incredible 2 the following month.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It is possible. Just very difficult.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deltahuman

If it's really good then it will surpass the $1.5 billion made by Avengers. Might max out at $2 billion or graze past it like Star Wars:The Force Awakens if it's outstandingly good. No way a superhero movie is crossing $2 billion by a lot.

Surpassing Avatar or Titanic is impossible.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible.

As in 1 in a million chance but possible nonetheless.

In any reasonably prediction it won't make more than 2 Billions.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar's got the bar extremely, extremely high. I just can't fathom it. But if there's any single one film that's got a realistic shot, it is this movie!... No not even Star Wars, Avatar sequel, etc. but Infinity War! .. But I really don't see it happening. lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22515cef825
deactivated-5a22515cef825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it'll crack 2 billion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on word of mouth. But then again, Avatar was released at a time where 3D was quite new in the cinema.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's really good then it will surpass the $1.5 billion made by Avengers. Might max out at $2 billion if it's outstandingly good. No way a superhero movie is crossing $2 billion.

Surpassing Star Wars or Titanic is impossible.

It can

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: I don't think so. It's possible that it touches $2 billion like Star Wars:The Force Awakens if it's very well rated. Still crossing $1.5 billion and sustaining the run isn't that easy. Most people don't give two shits about superhero movies.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: Most people don't give two shits about superhero movies.

This has to be a joke, right?

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By tj849

@deltahuman said:

@tj849: I don't think so. It's possible that it touches $2 billion like Star Wars:The Force Awakens if it's very well rated. Still crossing $1.5 billion and sustaining the run isn't that easy. Most people don't give two shits about superhero movies.

You dont understand, they're splashing 1 billion on infinity war (budget). All of those characters in one movie, its gonna market well I already know, THANOS (ik he was in gotg 1) seeing his ruthlessness. It probably will end up beating Titanic. A lot of people from the mainstream audience to like superhero movies, especially marvel and when they see Spidermans in it, Hulk etc.

Avatar image for redhoodsavagery
redhoodsavagery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: still does not matter it won't hit 2 billion if solo star wars deadpool 2 and incredible come out a few weeks later

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

I don't know what world you live in but it was definitely not a joke. Superhero movies may be a much bigger phenomenon now than it was a decade ago but the range of its popularity doesn't encompass every corner of the world or every age group yet. For something to sustain a gross of more than $2 billion, it has to be a global phenomenon like Star Wars or has to bring something significant like a gamechanger like Avatar did. Plus there will always be a completion from movies that will release after Infinity war. That will eat part of the screens and gross. Also the movie has to do outstandingly good. it already has an enormous number of characters. It's gonna be hell of a job to make Infinity war. There are simply too many variables at play to assume that Infinity war will gross more than $2 billion. Superhero movies are watched by only a certain section of people even though its reach is expanding across all age groups now.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@redhoodsavagery said:

@theamazingspidey: still does not matter it won't hit 2 billion if solo star wars deadpool 2 and incredible come out a few weeks later

I doubt Deadpool 2 will be much of a hindrance. Infinity War is coming out as early as 25-27th of April in some countries (Australia, France, Italy, NZ, Japan) and 4th of May in America. That gives it at least a month of box office before Deadpool 2. Also, you're overestimating the audience overlap between Deadpool and IW. I doubt all the 5 year olds will skip Infinity War to watch Deadpool 2.

Also, whose going to say "I'm not gonna watch the Avengers movie because that new Han Solo movie is coming out in a few weeks"?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849:

Does the $1 billion budget encompass both Infinity War 1 and it's sequel or is it only for Infinty War? I doubt it's for a single movie.

Nonetheless I've addressed my arguments on post #88

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

I don't know what world you live in but it was definitely not a joke. Superhero movies may be a much bigger phenomenon now than it was a decade ago but the range of its popularity doesn't encompass every corner of the world or every age group yet. For something to sustain a gross of more than $2 billion, it has to be a global phenomenon like Star Wars or has to bring something significant like a gamechanger like Avatar did. Plus there will always be a completion from movies that will release after Infinity war. That will eat part of the screens and gross. Also the movie has to do outstandingly good. it already has an enormous number of characters. It's gonna be hell of a job to make Infinity war. There are simply too many variables at play to assume that Infinity war will gross more than $2 billion. Superhero movies are watched by only a certain section of people even though its reach is expanding across all age groups now.

You're implying a movie has to make 2 billion for us to be able to say "someone cares about this movie." So; Avatar, Titanic and The Force Awakens are the only movies people know? What about Harry Potter? Does no one give two shits about Harry Potter?

If no one gave 2 shits about CBMs - why are 4 of the top 10 highest grossing movies of the year superhero movies?

Whether or not IW will reach 2 billion is up in the air, but it has the potential to.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: yeah its for the single movie and fair enough on post 88 but they have been hyping this up for years

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By deltahuman

@theamazingspidey:

Really? Harry Potter? Get out into the real world. Take a bunch of random people and ask them which one they relate to or have heard about. Harry Potter or Titanic. You'll get your answer. Harry pottet caters to a niche group of people. Kids and Intellectuals who've read the book. It's not a global Phenomenon. If I ask 100 random people from my locality about Harry Potter, chances are only 40 have heard it. Titanic on the other hand has become immortalized now. Everybody has heard of it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

Really? Harry Potter? Get out into the real world. Take a bunch of random people and ask them which one they relate to or have heard about. Harry Potter or Titanic. You'll get your answer. Harry pottet caters to a niche group of people. Kids and Intellectuals who've read the book. It's not a global Phenomenon. If I ask 100 random people from my locality about Harry Potter, chances are only 40 have heard it. Titanic on the other hand has become immortalized now. Everybody has heard of it.

In that case, I have no idea where you live.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I knew you'd come up with a generic reply like that. But that was my whole point. Just because you think Harry Potter is as popular as Titanic doesn't mean it applies to the whole world. You may live in a locality like that But the world isn't the same Everywhere.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849:

$1 billion for Infinty War alone? Are you sure? Do you have any proof to back that up?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theamazingspidey: I knew you'd come up with a generic reply like that. But that was my whole point. Just because you think Harry Potter is as popular as Titanic doesn't mean it applies to the whole world. You may live in a locality like that But the world isn't the same Everywhere.

Those are very popular though.

I live jnt thr midfle of fkin nowhere in The Netherlands and everyone knows those movies

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Of course. I never disagreed about the popularity. Titanic is just way more popular. Half the elders of my family won't give two shits about a bunch of school kids mumbling gibberish but they do end up watching titanic once in a while. What I meant is, Harry Potter has a targeted viewership. It may not be specific. Old people may watch it too. But the reach of something like Titanic is much larger than Harry Potter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really doubt it'll touch 2 billion.

SuperHulk24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SuperHulk24

No chance. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom could beat it in 2018.

Star Wars will definitely beat it in 2019.