Challenge:How would YOU bring back the original Captain Mar-Vell?

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
#1 Posted by Mar-Vell Liberation Front (349 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been a challenge for writers since what would seem like the beginning of time...lol....seriously since 1982.

How would you do it?

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#2 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't want to lol

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
#3 Posted by Mar-Vell Liberation Front (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, that's not what I'm asking though...how would you do it poignantly as a writer?

Avatar image for aronmorales
#4 Posted by Aronmorales (9735 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see, I'd make it an event, right before something big goes down...
hmm, let's say the New and Might Avengers decide to take on Norman and the Dark Avengers...no wait, this is how I'd bring Cap back...

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
#5 Posted by Mar-Vell Liberation Front (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aronmorales said:

"Let's see, I'd make it an event, right before something big goes down...hmm, let's say the New and Might Avengers decide to take on Norman and the Dark Avengers...no wait, this is how I'd bring Cap back..."


 

That's okay, go with it...he's going to need a team. Perhaps made of the original counterparts of the DA......
Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#6 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, this is totally off the top of my head, so hopefully it'll turn-out good in the end...

So lets start with Rick Jones, AKA A-Bomb in the pages of "Hulk". The Young Avengers come together to battle A-Bomb as he rampages through a City; Hulkling particularly angers A-Bomb just by appearance alone, so he's the focus of his rage. Wiccan, desperate to help Teddy once it's obvious he's overwhelmed, shouts "HELP HIM!!!" while he uses his magic.

The magic spell, coupled with Hulkling's cries of pain, causes a portal to the Nether Realm to open, and out steps the disembodied spirit of Mar-Vell. A-Bomb, caught off-guard as the part of his mind still belonging to Rick Jones is shocked to see this, steps away from the battered Teddy. Mar-Vell's spirit reveals the magic that brought him back is limited, and he'll need a host body to remain. Rick temporarily regains control, and yells for Mar-Vell to take HIS body again! The Captain obliges, and upon merging with A-Bomb, the transfer seperates Rick Jones/Mar-Vell and the A-Bomb monster!

Teaming with his son and the other Young Avengers, the returned Captain Mar-Vell beats A-Bomb into submission, his first mission back amongst the living complete.

So does that work?

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#7 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" OK, this is totally off the top of my head, so hopefully it'll turn-out good in the end...So lets start with Rick Jones, AKA A-Bomb in the pages of "Hulk". The Young Avengers come together to battle A-Bomb as he rampages through a City; Hulkling particularly angers A-Bomb just by appearance alone, so he's the focus of his rage. Wiccan, desperate to help Teddy once it's obvious he's overwhelmed, shouts "HELP HIM!!!" while he uses his magic.The magic spell, coupled with Hulkling's cries of pain, causes a portal to the Nether Realm to open, and out steps the disembodied spirit of Mar-Vell. A-Bomb, caught off-guard as the part of his mind still belonging to Rick Jones is shocked to see this, steps away from the battered Teddy. Mar-Vell's spirit reveals the magic that brought him back is limited, and he'll need a host body to remain. Rick temporarily regains control, and yells for Mar-Vell to take HIS body again! The Captain obliges, and upon merging with A-Bomb, the transfer seperates Rick Jones/Mar-Vell and the A-Bomb monster!Teaming with his son and the other Young Avengers, the returned Captain Mar-Vell beats A-Bomb into submission, his first mission back amongst the living complete. So does that work? "
that would be cool, as long as he dies of a ridiculous plot device disease at the end again.
Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#8 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
" OK, this is totally off the top of my head, so hopefully it'll turn-out good in the end...So lets start with Rick Jones, AKA A-Bomb in the pages of "Hulk". The Young Avengers come together to battle A-Bomb as he rampages through a City; Hulkling particularly angers A-Bomb just by appearance alone, so he's the focus of his rage. Wiccan, desperate to help Teddy once it's obvious he's overwhelmed, shouts "HELP HIM!!!" while he uses his magic.The magic spell, coupled with Hulkling's cries of pain, causes a portal to the Nether Realm to open, and out steps the disembodied spirit of Mar-Vell. A-Bomb, caught off-guard as the part of his mind still belonging to Rick Jones is shocked to see this, steps away from the battered Teddy. Mar-Vell's spirit reveals the magic that brought him back is limited, and he'll need a host body to remain. Rick temporarily regains control, and yells for Mar-Vell to take HIS body again! The Captain obliges, and upon merging with A-Bomb, the transfer seperates Rick Jones/Mar-Vell and the A-Bomb monster!Teaming with his son and the other Young Avengers, the returned Captain Mar-Vell beats A-Bomb into submission, his first mission back amongst the living complete. So does that work? "
that would be cool, as long as he dies of a ridiculous plot device disease at the end again. "
So...you're NOT a fan then, are you?
Avatar image for sunman
#9 Posted by SUNMAN (8609 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto he #$#@$ every thing up

Avatar image for akwa
#10 Posted by Akwa (4780 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUNMAN said:
"Mephisto he #$#@$ every thing up "

Agreed. Or..

You can say that Captain Mar-Vell is actually still alive but he had somehow used his powers to convince everyone on Earth including himself that Mar-Vell had died. That was one of the worst plot devices ever.
Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
#11 Posted by Mar-Vell Liberation Front (349 posts) - - Show Bio

What if he's dead, and we don't touch that....because his body is dead, but he never crossed over and he's stuck in this world or plane of complete atrocity and corruption and can't cross over? A limbo purgatory of such, yet he knows once his work is done there, he must find a way to come back via the crucial crisis situation as mentioned earlier? 
 
This could work and sell comic books and hopefully inspire people. 
 
I mean beating giant robots and evil masterminds and space invaders is one thing, but what if Mar-Vell defeats death itself? 
 
I don't know about you, but I've lost people to cancer as well, but I'm seeing people fighting it now and I know if Marvel/Disney got behind this it could be the best story ever. 
 
Dude, he beats death itself....as corny as that may be, it kind of sends a statement: No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, no matter what you're into, if we take a stand like Mar-Vell, nothing is impossible. 
 
Super Heros would be taken to a whole new higher level....it's not often you get a chance to make a statement like that. 
 
Everything is so desensitized and we've been taught to fear and hate each other, what if we "one up'd" the evil and said..."You know what? I'm taking a stand, I can be Mar-Vell." 
 
I can beat anything you throw my way. 
 
I hope that made sense, it was from the heart.