Celebrate Indy Comic Book Week!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Contrary to popular belief, there will be comics out this week! 

No Caption Provided

If you are a big comic book fanatic (like all of us here at Comic Vine), then chances are you are a wee bit disappointed over the fact that there will be no new comic books distributed by Diamond this coming Wednesday (tomorrow), with the exception of DC's 'Blackest Night' #6. Not to be outdone by DC, Marvel has released a sneak preview of the prologue to the upcoming 'SIEGE' storyline on their website, which you may want to check out, and which we discussed here. However, it is safe to say that while the big dogs are sleeping during the last week of the year, that it is the perfect time for Indy comic book creators to take advantage of the quiet marketplace, something that rarely ever happens. Additionally, it may also be the perfect time for readers to branch out and try reading something different! In an effort to promote Indy Comics, a group of creators and local comic book shops banded together and organized 'Indy Comic Book Week.' The purpose? To try and get independent and creator owned projects out into the marketplace and to expose them to comic book readers. For more information regarding the project which I personally found to be very cool, and to contact the people organizing the project, check out their blog here. Is your local comic shop involved? If not, you should ask them, or at least try to stop by your local shop tomorrow.     
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

While I'm for sampling Indy comics and promoting them when and if they are good, it is SO difficult to get any comic book shops to think about offering any Indy titles.  I can understand to a degree, but the comic shops I've frequented immediately take an attitude to any type of request, let alone any one involving Indy titles.  

Having said that, I will check out the 4-1-1 being offered. 
HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HaloKing343

Interesting concept
Avatar image for eisforextinction
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By EisforExtinction

I asked my comic retailer if he'd be selling Blackest Night #6 since it was indie week and his story is pretty indie focused. He said no but Lackest Night #6 would be made available to those who request it.

All that time spent reading Blackest Night was for nothing. I should have been reading Lackest Night.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

That's a clever idea, giving independent creators the chance to release their work in lieu of the bigger publishers taking a week off. It seems like a very promising opportunity for everyone involved.
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By No_Name_
@EisforExtinction: Ha
drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By drawme

I think that´s a good idea. Hopefully, the smaller companies can win some fans.