User Lists: 0

What are your personal theories on it?

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Didn't the CDC have something to do with it?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

i like the mystery so i do not think too much into it . , but if i had to i would say its more mystic in nature , as in the end of days , the rapture , etc. to me it would account why even in a non-violent death people are raised as zombies and why nothing has been done to rid the world of the zombies .

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is something preservative about it as the dead should have rotted to nothing a year ago.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@soa said:

i like the mystery so i do not think too much into it . , but if i had to i would say its more mystic in nature , as in the end of days , the rapture , etc. to me it would account why even in a non-violent death people are raised as zombies and why nothing has been done to rid the world of the zombies .

Agreed, plus I like not knowing for sure though

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

It has been explained well in the TV series but not sure if it is in the comics..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

118 issues and they still haven't explained why the Zombie apocalypse happened. Thats getting me worried about the show.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the fact that we don't know. in the situation they are in, it's believable than nobody would know.

I would like an explaination sooner or later, but that's completely outside of the theme of the comic book (actually about people and humanity), so I would also be ok with not knowing.

@kartron said:

It has been explained well in the TV series but not sure if it is in the comics..

The show is going into a completely different direction. So, even though I don't know what it was, I guess it will be different in the comic books, when it's revealed.

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

@matteopg: Oh okay. I really don't want to mention what has been explained in TV series if folks here haven't watched it or probably waiting for comic book suspense to be revealed. But I have to tell you that it was pretty convincing. It is the last couple of episodes of first season where they explain how zombies came to be but that gives the "how" but "what caused it?" is not yet answered with 4 seasons down the lane now....

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kartron: I see. Thank you for your consideration :)

Baron_BJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Baron_BJ

@kartron: The show never said how the virus came to be, it just explained how it worked. To me it came across like the explanation was more or less to say to the audience; "They're ****ing dead, there's nothing to be done or saved, killing zombies is in no way morally questionable and these are the rules of how the virus works in the show so you can better understand dramatic moments that may come in the future".

OT: Kirkman himself has said that he never wants to explain what caused the outbreak, he says it would veer the series in more of a science fiction route and that's not what he wants with the book. I've gotta say that it's something I agree with, it's a mystery that can't be reasonably explained (especially given the fact that time actually passes in this universe, according to Kirkman by the time the Governor died in #48 more than two years had already passed, god knows how long it has been since then) and even if they tried to explain it, it would never live up to what people would have imagined themselves, nor would it just live up to the hype that would be inherent with the book having gone on so long.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like how i asked for theories but most people just said they like not knowing. Thanks for reading the question guys!