Catching up on DC

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone! I recently took a break from reading comics and was looking to get back into it. I mostly read DC, particularly Batman, Flash, and Justice League. The last thing I read was the Rebirth one shot and Justice League #50. Any suggestions on where to get back in?

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current "Metal" and "Doomsday Clock" events might be places to jump on regarding the state of DC in general.

Ljtillman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me if you already know this, as I'm assuming you don't, but every series they had has been rebooted since then. If you haven't already done so, look for the first issues from the the new series and see if you like the directions they went into.

If you're interested in the story started at the beginning of Rebirth, I suggest Detective and Action Comics. They've had a few tie-ins to the overall story. If you like Batman and the Flash, look for issues 21 and 22 of both the new series. The made up a crossover about the main Rebirth Story that was cool. Also, they started a new Justice League series you may enjoy. I also recommend Justice League vs. Suicide Squad if you want a serious action story.

@mraugen said:

The current "Metal" and "Doomsday Clock" events might be places to jump on regarding the state of DC in general.

Like he said, Doomsday Clock covers the present state of the DC Universe. Also, (personal opinion), you seriously need to check out Dark Nights: Metal. It involves tie-ins from a few of their comics, and it can get dark in some parts, so it isn't for everyone. But if you like Batman, you might enjoy the story they've been telling there.

I don't know all of your preferences, but these ought to help you understand what's DC has been up to.