Posted by CyberpunkCop (3405 posts) 1 month, 5 hours ago

Poll: Captain Marvel vs Thor which movie did you like more??? (39 votes)

Captain Marvel 38%
Thor 62%
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#1 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is one of the most underrated in the MCU. I’d probably say they are right about even. I’m not on the side that thinks CM sucks.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#2 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15858 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel. Thor is one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.

#3 Posted by DaSalvadore (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was enjoyable but isn't really one that I keep going back to. It's far too basic. His "redemption arc" barely exists and consists of failing to lift Mjolnir then putting himself in front of his friends against the Destroyer without powers. From a purely writing point of view, it heavily feels like there's another half hour of Thor growing up that needed to be put between those two moments.

I'm actually pretty stunned at the lackluster views of CM on CV. I'm not saying it's the best ever but it's certainly one of the best intro movies of the MCU.

#4 Edited by Mrnoital (8029 posts) - - Show Bio

Both fairly mediocre movies that seem to suffer from having cosmic type characters limited to small town America

It's close for me, but I'll have to go with thor as i wasn't a fan of a number of small things they did in CM

#5 Posted by Supermanthor (18905 posts) - - Show Bio

how about both ?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#6 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

As a film? Captain Marvel by far

But I much prefer Thor as a protagonist and the world built around him even just in that first film.

#7 Posted by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor by far. Thor is still the most underrated movie in the MCU probably.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#8 Edited by EternalDarkFury (887 posts) - - Show Bio

No joke but Thor takes it for me. The more and more I think about it, Captain Marvel wasnt that good.

#9 Posted by Amcu (16624 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. Possibly the most underrated MCU film.

#10 Posted by Doofasa (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel but it's close. Both were decent but heavily flawed IMO.

#11 Edited by Alavanka (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was a dull character in his first film, but the story was still strong because of Loki. Loki's performance in the first Thor film is one of the strongest in the MCU, and that carried the film. The best character in Captain Marvel was a cat, and I stilldon't care about the Kree or Skrulls. Thor doesn't really shine as an origin story for Thor, but as a setup for Loki in "The Avengers" it's excellent. Captain Marvel is basically a filler so we can forget that we're getting 2 Avengers films in the span of a year.

As a character, I'm willing to give Captain Marvel a chance. It took Ragnarok for Thor to be the best character in his film, but once the ball got rolling Thor became the best character in Infinity War. Maybe the Russos can fix Captain Marvel. You know, give her a compelling character and emotions instead of relying on the one-note "be yourself, girl" that every movie in 2018 seems to think is completely original and revolutionary.