solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By solar_nerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

Captain Marvel's trailer is finally out!

And now, here's my full analysis of the trailer.

We start out with Carol/Captain Marvel falling out of an exploding spacecraft, and landing on top of...a Blockbuster video. The first indication that this movie doesn't take place in the present day. Then we hear Nick Fury's voice, as Carol looks around her after getting up from the big fall she just took. We then see her walking through an airport, and then see her entering a bunker with a shadowy figure, likely Nick Fury walking with her. We also see a very brief shot of a lab where the body of a Skrull is being analyzed. As Fury continues to speak, we see a spaceship uncloak over earth, a car crash, and a shot of Carol hopping onto a train to fire an energy blast at an unknown target. We then see a young Nick Fury walking down a hall, then showing up to meet Carol. They then ride in a car together and talk about her origins. Carol mentions that her story is "hard to explain", and that she keeps seeing memories of a human life on earth, and then we see her walking with Monica Rambeau wearing a pilot uniform and training. We also see shots of her falling at different points in her life, which includes rope-training in the army and trying to catch a baseball as a teenager, then see energy forming around her hand as she lays on the ground in her pilot uniform. That's when we see a clue - Carol hooked up to some sort of machine that is projecting something into her brain. We see her walking with her Kree team, Starforce, and Jude Law's character looking shocked at something. We see more brief flashbacks, then the Skrulls showing up on the beach, and her punching an old woman who is presumably a disguised Skrull. We see explosions, and shots of Ronan the Accuser and a young Phil Coulson, and then Fury using a device which resembles what he used to call her at the end of Infinity War. We see several shots of her suited up as a hero, and possibly a shot of her gaining powers. We see more brief flashback shots, and then her clinching her fist in her new costume. "I'm not what you think I am." she tells Fury, and we see a full shot of her in her new costume.

I think this trailer looks quite interesting. It doesn't seem as funny as previous MCU efforts, which might actually be a good thing. It looks like it has very high stakes, as well as a complex plot involving her origins, which may be why Marvel says this is no typical origin story. If you ask me, this has great potential and I am very hyped to see it.

Are you hyped? Notice any easter eggs? Comment!