• 136 results
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Love all the butthurt

The only butthurt here is from you (as usual).

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh God

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time travel, huh?

I really, really hope that isn't how Endgame resolves. Going back in time to before the snap and beating Thanos, thereby undoing all the deaths.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

Anything to save CV from the cancerous Thor wank.

OT: Still absolutely dislike Brie Larson in this role. Should've been someone else. There's no dearth of talented women in Hollywood and it doesn't help that I think most of her implied power is derived from a combination of Larson's SJW Force, Marie Sue Force and Feminazi Force.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By buildhare

She can also summon animals to fight for her and shoot rainbows out of her ass

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're just making shit up now for the sake of making her more powerful than everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

OT: Still absolutely dislike Brie Larson in this role. Should've been someone else. There's no dearth of talented women in Hollywood and it doesn't help that I think most of her implied power is derived from a combination of Larson's SJW Force, Marie Sue Force and Feminazi Force.

who do u hate more, thor or Brie Larson

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate Brie Larson in the role. The most recent trailer looks like she is going to do fine. I just don't like Carol from the comics after civil war II and other recent stuff. Marvel's campaign to push Carol has made her very unlikeable and I remember years ago on comicvine she was a bit obscure but generally well liked.

I'm scared the same will happen in the MCU. If she is the most powerful its whatever. But I hope they realize there is a right way to be progressive and a wrong way. If she is going to just show up and one up all the fan favorite characters in the MCU people are just going to get pissed off and this will lead to resistance rather than progress.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By brucerogers

@jashro44: Well said and needless to say, your fears aren't unfounded. Carol's new ongoing has her battle an obscure F4 villain called Mahkizmo, who is a muscle bound male chauvinist. Gee, I wonder why he of all people was chosen.....

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Gokluma

This is getting ridiculous since i'm doubting having Kree powers alone can time travel,lifting thor's hammer and pushing planets like it was nothing at all.

If this is true in the film then it's boring as fanfic's mary sues.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@foxerdes: The movie makes no mention of Amazon slavery. It simply states that Amazon withdrew to the Island Zeus created ( Greek goddesses are ignored) to protect Godkiller. (Zeus's bastard child).

Your explanation about Amazons not being technologically is not convincing. The fact female civilisation is shown as stuck 300 BC not making technological progress is very troubling. In the comics, they spend thousands of years building peaceful technologically advanced society. In the movie, WTF were they doing all those years.

It is WW and her Universe that is massively nerfed in DC while male characters and their universe are accurate to the comics.

Yeah, gender scenes like Parliament scene can only be in WW movie but that just only scene while the rest of the movie was generic Superhero movie with nothing to do with Gender.

Ares should have been treated better, infinitely more powerful instead of wasting him in 5 min cameo and killed off like that.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@deltahuman said:

Cool.

who do u hate more, thor or Brie Larson

Brie Larson and it's not close. I absolutely despise that woman.

I don't even hate Thor. Rather my fondness for a particular DC Character (You know who ) is mistaken as a feeling of hate towards Thor. I can't help it. Thor is most of the time pitted with that particular DC character and I always have to debate against him.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she doesn't push a planet or bust a moon, I'll bomb the Marvel studios.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: lmfao. The fact you have to tag me an comment only proves that your butthurt. Quit crying baby.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eobard21: wow it’s cringe to know how to spell? Bruh stop humiliating yourself.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Greysentinel365

If the leaked plot summaries I've read are true she can't actually time travel guys. It's not an actual power she possesses. It happens to her because of....... something else.

Honestly the movie looks lacklustre so far but hopefully it gives good feats. I need a LA high tier to rep.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: They are a peaceful society but still protecting a lot of important plot devices that a lot of bad people want. So it is stupidity for them to ill-prepared for a war that will find them like the WW1 Germans, Steppenwolf and other villains from the sequel. Please don't bring realism into comic book movies because they are immortal magical women who live in an invisible Island created by God.

I am more confused about what they will do in sequels.Destroying her World ( killing all the Gods who are her greatest allies and enemies) nerfing the Amazons like she can't fly and she can't get her invisible Jet because someone is still stuck in 300 BC

I have no idea where the sequel WW84 is going or how Wonder Woman universe works and unlike all the other DC heroes like Shazam, Aquaman which are following the respective comics

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think she's actually just going to be the Living Tribunal just disguised as Carol Danvers would make more sense

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will never understand why people are so upset that a superhero movie is finally going to have a powerful character.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@geraldofvengerberg:

They are a peaceful society but still protecting a lot of important plot devices that a lot of bad people want. So it is stupidity for them to ill-prepared for a war that will find them like the WW1 Germans, Steppenwolf and other villains from the sequel.

I'll ask for the third time: How does nitpicking over plot holes takes away from Diana's character herself. Well, it doesn't. At that point we are literally discussing an off-topic subject. And you never even addressed their small numbers, ancient mindset, lack of aptitude for science and, seemingly, affinity for tradition. They had no idea what's going on in the outside world.

Please don't bring realism into comic book movies because they are immortal magical women who live in an invisible Island created by God.

Realism, or rather being more grounded in reality, is noticeable to a varying degree in CBM. It can be seen in different intensity from being the main theme of the movie (See Kick-Ass, Super etc.) to being visible but not as important (See The Dark Knight trilogy where the movie is supposed to be more grounded but it stills showcase the characters perform superhuman feats, although the consequences are far more real and you lack a lot of cheesy mambo jambo) and ending with the most extreme end of the spectrum, movies like Aquaman - one that perfectly understands its purpose. One in which you have colors, miraculous technology and wondrous adventure. Wonder Woman doesn't land in that category. It is, much like a lot of other comic book movies, somewhere in between. You have gods and amazons, but one of the main themes of the story - war - demands a more grounded scenes and tone. After leaving Themyscira, we see conflict on a mass scale, people dying for nothing. Weapons of mass destruction are being devised to kill even more and the fault does not lie in Ares as Diana has come to believe - it's all just us. Wonder Woman being naive, pure hearted and coming from a paradise island that is seemingly stuck in an ancient times is directly conflicting with what we see in the reality so similar to ours. There is tension and it makes us want to see more. That's also exactly what makes No Man's Land loved by so many. Diana risks it all to break the wheel that has been spinning for so long, devouring human lives. We know what war is like, and we see someone go against that evil. We see someone who stands up and says 'no more'.

Now give Themyscira a super advanced technology and invisible jet/flight for Diana. You destroy and entire vision. You'd literally have to rewrite an entire movie. And I'm ignoring the fact that Amazons not being technologically advanced is a plausible concept.

Destroying her World ( killing all the Gods who are her greatest allies and enemies) nerfing the Amazons like she can't fly and she can't get her invisible Jet because someone is still stuck in 300 BC

None of that takes away from her character. Being less comic accurate doesn't mean that the movie adaptation is not well written.

The technology and Amazons stay in Themyscira until they are needed for sequels like in the movie.It would not have affected the movie at all. Invisible Jet simply broke apart once they reach Man's world. It is better explanation than an ancient boat reaching London from somewhere in Turkey in just 4 days

If it is us then why was Ares killed in the movie. He is simply God of ideas yet Diana killed him. He also tried to kill Diana. If he was dead, then how did humanity create nuke and other terrible weapons considering he is the one giving terrible ideas

I am talking about the sequels since they killed the Gods and Amazons don't have any powerful magic or technology. What are they going to do with sequels? Are they going to create new villains for movie since comic villains are dead.

Or simply going to ignore the previous movie like WW84 ignores that Diana gave up on humanity for 100 years.

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She’s gonna make Thanos check his privilege.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sUpErMaN iS tOo PoWeRfUl

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: I like how you ignore that Diana gave up on humanity for 100 years after fight with Ares.

Loading Video...

Also here is video explaining why they cannot reach in 4 days in a boat

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very interesting.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is obviously a spoiler for Endgame.

I know a lot of people are mad about how OP she is, but it makes sense given the source material.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: It's the same ancient Amazon boat., they never boarded another ship. It was not 4 days, it is worse they made the journey in one night. The ride he is telling is the tug boat pulling the boat which increased the boat speed.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If she doesn't push a planet or bust a moon, I'll bomb the Marvel studios.

I heard (from sources I can't mention) that she tosses an invading alien planet bigger than our sun out of our solar system with one arm. Is that good enough to you?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers