• 136 results
#1 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

Following a recent set visit on Captain Marvel, a lot of juciy info has been released.

This is what Samuel L Jackson had to say. Link to article.

She’s pretty much the strongest character -- in terms of someone with powers are able to do things -- in the Marvel universe. So, for Carol Danvers to be that person and for Brie to become that person, it's gonna be a dynamite thing. I mean, [the Avengers] are up against some really, really tough odds right now -- we saw throughout Infinity War -- so now we know that we need something that's as powerful as Thanos. And at some point, we'll find out how powerful she is and all the things that she's capable of. She's one of the few people in the Marvel universe that can time travel.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Richubs (3754 posts) - - Show Bio

Pls that's making her too OP.

#3 Posted by kgb725 (18390 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Theyve been reading the battle boards.

#4 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

“She’s pretty much the strongest character in terms of someone with powers being able to do things”

Yeah, my confidence that Thor will remain more powerful is a lot higher now. Looks like she may be the most versatile tho

X

#5 Posted by kgb725 (18390 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see what the final fight with Thanos will be like because as far as we know he is alone and theres 0 chance Marvel will have Carol solo him

#6 Posted by Emperorb777 (10981 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahahahahaha.....She can time travel.......Hahahahahahhaha.....wtf are they thinking over at Marvel.......hahahahahahhaha

#7 Posted by Richubs (3754 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Yeah imagine the writers just sitting in their offices seeing everyone complain that the power levels are below comics so they go "Alright mf*ckers here you go a planet busting time travelling space travelling beam shooting hero now complain."

#8 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: I could honestly see that happening...

X

#9 Posted by kgb725 (18390 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Wasnt strange the most versatile ?

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#10 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1130 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#11 Posted by Mutant1230 (6379 posts) - - Show Bio

So this pretty much confirms time travel for Endgame?

#12 Posted by Tomkatie (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

*one week later, new Captain Marvel interview*

Kevin Feige: "Yeah, Captain Marvel is actually so powerful that she can lick her own elbows"

Brie Larson: "Oh, she's badass. She actually went back and killed Hitler, then invented the pencil"

Sam Jackson: "At the end of the movie, her pure power actually kills the audience itself. So, ya know, watch out"

#13 Posted by foxerdes (9960 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that's what I needed to like her.

#14 Posted by Magian (151228 posts) - - Show Bio

Time travel, huh? Ohh boy here we go again lol

#15 Edited by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

If the next time someone gonna say "she's omnipotent and above TOAA" I'm not gonna be surprised.

#16 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

Anything to save CV from the cancerous Thor wank.

OT: Still absolutely dislike Brie Larson in this role. Should've been someone else. There's no dearth of talented women in Hollywood and it doesn't help that I think most of her implied power is derived from a combination of Larson's SJW Force, Marie Sue Force and Feminazi Force.

#17 Posted by Supermanthor (16278 posts) - - Show Bio

If the next time someone gonna say "she's omnipotent and above TOAA" I'm not gonna be surprised.

#18 Edited by KrleAvenger (26260 posts) - - Show Bio

She is more skilled than Taskmaster too. And she created her own Infinity Gems.

#19 Edited by Supermanthor (16278 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
#20 Posted by Magian (151228 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

Will never understand this.

Don't give them ideas lol

#21 Edited by Supermanthor (16278 posts) - - Show Bio

@magian said:
@deltahuman said:

Cool.

Will never understand this.

@krleavenger said:

Don't give them ideas lol

she can bust galaxies with one punch in the air :)

#22 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25791 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh, I'm amazingly glad she will be the most powerful hero, just so I can see the salt of just about 90% of the Vine. Frankly, the criticism is still disgusting, and a character named Captain MARVEL being the face of Marvel is a lovely idea, like it or not.

#23 Posted by Magian (151228 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: I'm going to rip off Silver Age Superman a bit here but why not sneeze them into oblivion? lol

#24 Posted by RabumAlal (4876 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for the featzzz.

#25 Edited by Richubs (3754 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: I have no issues with the movies so far.

The first trailer was disappointing and te second was good imo. I think it was made pretty clear she isn't going to be moving any planets anytime soon but tike travel is too much

But I want to see the salt too now that you've mentioned it.

Imagine her statue forcing DCEU Superman and no selling Stormbreaker and the cloak.

Would be beautiful.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#26 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

Muh Feats

#27 Edited by macleen (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

What's next, she can reality warp

#28 Posted by macleen (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

What's next, she can reality warp

#29 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel a disturbance in the ThorWank Force

#30 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15388 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Kevd4wg (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie said:

Kevin Feige: "Yeah, Captain Marvel is actually so powerful that she can lick her own elbows"

Brie Larson: "Oh, she's badass. She actually went back and killed Hitler, then invented the pencil"

Sam Jackson: "At the end of the movie, her pure power actually kills the audience itself. So, ya know, watch out"

lmao

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#32 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie said:

Lmao

#33 Posted by ourmanuel (10516 posts) - - Show Bio

Now Xzone’s gonna switch to wanking Cap Marvel...

#34 Posted by kiba (3656 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by BruceRogers (17180 posts) - - Show Bio

Pssht.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#36 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (4000 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she's going to be able to time travel on her own, I think he's meaning she'll have access to the technology to do so. Either way, we basically know how the snap is being undone now, she's just gonna prevent it from happening in the first place.

#37 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel got comic vine in shambles 😂😂😂

#38 Posted by Supermanthor (16278 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Supermanthor (16278 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by madcrusher (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen: I almost feel like that is next in some capacity. I honestly think she'll be able to use and manipulate quantum energy to use the quantum zone to traverse time and space. Since they are setting her up as a high end energy manipulator that's not totally ridiculous.

#41 Edited by KrleAvenger (26260 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Aside from the fact that the salt is completely justified. The fact that this character is so forced for no reason what so ever aside from obvious SJW agenda and female support that is baseless, this is completely inaccurate. It has nothing to do with the fact that character is a Woman on top of it. If Wanda for example was the most powerful character in MCU, nobody would be bothered because in comics, she surpassed pretty much everyone at some point and started preforming Multi Universal level reality warping feats, causing events that affected all of the Avengers and entire MU.

Carol Danvers is a nobody and she always was a nobody. She had forgettable run back in a day that nobody knows about and the only thing that made her interesting was connection with Mar-Vell, who himself was a low list character. She had another decent run when Bendis started to force her, and even then, it was not anything special and she was always barely a side character. On top of that, Carol was always a weak character relatively speaking, constantly being showcased as inferior to Iron Man, even less people like Doctor Strange, Hulk, Thor and Scarlet Witch.

She is not suppose to be the face of anything because she never was. She was always irrelevant. Even after outright giving her the name of her hero and going from "Ms." to "Captain", she constantly had irrelevant runs that kept being cancelled and were pushed forward over and over for no apparent reason. Carol never did anything significant aside from being the worst written character in an event that showed nothing but Marvel's desperation to cash in on Civil War movie by introducing one very bad event that wasn't well received by pretty much anybody.

It also does not help the fact that her name was not even her's but Mar-Vell's, who's name was also stolen from a DC character who will get his own movie the same year. Just because she has "Marvel" in her name does not give her the right to be the face of anything (aside from that obscured organization SWORD). So pushing the idea of her being so relevant and powerful, even giving her broken abilities like time travel which she NEVER HAD, obviously makes people salty, but not just due to obvious SJW/feminism support agenda that serves no purpose, but because how inaccurate it is.

You are entitled to your opinion about either liking Carol as a character or being fine with her being the most powerful (whichever one out of the two is, or both). That is completely fine and subjective. But there is no reason to complain about salt seen from others because it is completely justified given the circumstances. At least in my personal opinion.

#42 Posted by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did that come from? Like what version of her character has time travel?

#43 Posted by Stormdriven (17713 posts) - - Show Bio

She can also summon animals to fight for her and shoot rainbows out of her ass

Avatar image for totallynotjucas
#44 Edited by TotallyNotJucas (578 posts) - - Show Bio

I assumed some time travel would happen, since she should still look the same age many years later in IW. Just hope that's not how they handle Thanos . . .

#45 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36603 posts) - - Show Bio

This wasn’t a slip, Fiege told him to say that so we would talk about it becsuse up until now the Cap marve hype train has been running on fumes...most people are only mindly interested at best...I admit this is a very interesting nugget whether you love her or hate her...

#46 Posted by baph (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: Well, Carol had the Reality Gem in Infinity Countdown, but her standard version can't time travel.

#47 Posted by phisigmatau (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER IN THE THREAD TITLE I MEAN C'MON!!

#48 Edited by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph said:

@amcu: Well, Carol had the Reality Gem in Infinity Countdown, but her standard version can't time travel.

Okay, didn't know that she ever had an IS. Thanks for the info!

#49 Posted by The_Magister (13493 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Where did that come from? Like what version of her character has time travel?

MCU version

#50 Edited by rogueshadow (29174 posts) - - Show Bio
@xzone said:

“She’s pretty much the strongest character in terms of someone with powers being able to do things”

Yeah, my confidence that Thor will remain more powerful is a lot higher now. Looks like she may be the most versatile tho

X

Hope this is right. I think most everybody would rather her be extremely versatile than come in 11 years in and just be more powerful than everybody and be able to do everything off the bat.