#301 Posted by ANTHP2000 (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow not only are people criticising the movie itself, they're even going into detail about the performances and the CGI in specific scenes?

Because of a fkn TEASER released a couple hours ago? Seriously, talk about butthurt.

#302 Posted by mrmonster (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'm not too impressed. It just didn't give us anything we didn't already know from the promo pics. I feel like I have no information about this movie that I didn't already have.

I don't even remember the last time an MCU trailer left me this unimpressed.

#303 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6164 posts) - - Show Bio

@keychain said:

@thorthunder98: it is real, there is nothing that looks CGI about that.

And I highly doubt Marvel is spending thousands bon a CGI store when they can just walk down the street and film.

They can't walk down the street and film a Blockbuster so it might really be CGI, but it still looks real.

Okay apparently I'm a dumbass cause someone on twitter said it was a real set but honestly it still looks fake af to me ahahaha

#304 Posted by mrmonster (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard said:

To be fair with Aquaman this trailer looks even more generic

I respectfully (but completely) disagree.

I don't think any official trailer for any MCU or DCEU movie left me with as much a general sense of "that's it?" as this one. At least with most trailers I get something to be excited about. The Aquaman trailer gave me a lot to be excited about (the arena fight, the submarine scene, etc.) but this teaser gave me nothing that the promo pics released a few weeks ago didn't already give me.

Since 2012, I've seen almost every MCU movie in theaters, but this one I'll probably skip unless the next trailer gets me a reason to be hyped.

#305 Posted by Laiks Stake (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@amcu: That’s true my personal ideal power lineup is:

1) Thor

2) Doctor Strange

3) Cap Marvel

4) Hulk

5 Scarlet Witch

those are who IMO should be the top 5.. who knows how it will pan out tho

I would never put Carol above Hulk.

1- Thor

2- Doctor Strange

3- Hulk

4- Captain Marvel

5- Iron Man

#306 Posted by incursion2 (1685 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow not only are people criticising the movie itself, they're even going into detail about the performances and the CGI in specific scenes?

Because of a fkn TEASER released a couple hours ago? Seriously, talk about butthurt.

This lol. Everyone is trying to do an in-depth analysis and dissection of a 2 min trailer.

#307 Posted by jashugan (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

not good

#308 Posted by Asgaard (4245 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98:

Okay apparently I'm a dumbass cause someone on twitter said it was a real set but honestly it still looks fake af to me ahahaha

To me also looked CG... Its probably the filter... This trailer is kinda... Not sure how to define it, because we don't even get a tone for the movie...

@mrmonster:

Not really sure in what you disagree with what i said, if you disagree that Aquaman was a generic trailer? OK... Opinions...

If its something beyond that... I basically said (in other words) what you said, Captain Marvel trailer was weak and inferior to Aquaman... That is why i said "To be fair with Aquaman", i always thought that after Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther success, movie studios were going to be more creative than they ever were with comic book movies, and i felt that Aquaman was not a bad trailer at all, but not that innovative, yet Captain Marvel was even less creative than Aquaman, and i was not expecting that from a Marvel Studios trailer.

Notice that Shazam's teaser or trailer or whatever, was kinda the reverse, not much faith from the production feedback and the trailer was way above what i was expecting...

I am probably going to watch Captain Marvel but as for right now i am more hyped for Shazam!

#309 Posted by HellionVulcan (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

Underwhelming is all i can say.

#310 Posted by SuperHulk24 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Decent trailer. Hope the next one is better.

#311 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6164 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: Yea must be the colours and stuff don't look right or natural in it idk why.

#312 Posted by Andromeda101 (1328 posts) - - Show Bio
#313 Posted by Heatforce (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

We need people to make more memes of Carol hitting that old lady. I feel that is meme worthy.

#314 Posted by Kirkseven (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

It's made by marvel, so it's getting a good rating and lots of support no matter what happens.

#315 Posted by PenguinDust (7631 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it but I didn't love it. It was a bit jumbled and confused. It introduced a few characters who if I wasn't following along with the production, I'd have no idea who they were. I think the next one will be better.

Of the two new trailers I saw today, I preferred the new Mary Poppins trailer over the Captain Marvel one, though it should be noted that this was the second Mary Poppins trailer, so as I said, I think the next CM trailer will be better.

#316 Posted by Alavanka (1337 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#317 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8703 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some 🍟 for all that salt the DCEU fanboys are shedding. I’ll guarantee this’ll be better than Aqualame and Shazam, not that that saying much.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#318 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

So underwhelming, smh.

#319 Edited by Jgames (7721 posts) - - Show Bio

Look like a generic sci-fi movie. Marvel has been good with making their movies feel more director driven, and this looks bland and safe aside for Captain Marvel punching old ladies. We need more old ladies being punch XD.

#320 Posted by TheParadox (799 posts) - - Show Bio

@keychain: Ah, yes, because if you don't like the MCU, you must be a DCEU fan. Why can't you dislike both?

OT, looks meh so far, but it has potentail

#321 Posted by loyngulpany (1848 posts) - - Show Bio
#322 Posted by Lan_Fan (8744 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably they just didn't want to give away too much of the storyline on Cap Marvel's teaser, which is understandable. I don't see why people are hating on it already.

#323 Posted by xZone (5431 posts) - - Show Bio
#324 Posted by PayneInTheAss (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nothing special, even for a teaser

#325 Edited by rem (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@granitevision: You dodged the question, so I assume even if she moves a planet you will say Clark>her lol

I know this isnt my place, but ill comment anyway. Becuse I’d dont like the idea of what youre saying.

if CM has the duribility as an ant and has regular human speed she will still be above Superman?

For instance, Quake and Gravitation. Both would obviously had the potential to bust a planet, but they would get stomped prettty bad by Thor and superman.

shifting a planet won’t automatically make you above an opponent. I can already see this coming on the battle fourms. IIRC I have already seen you say things like Thor and Cap >Wonder Woman and superman without the movie coming out, but we’ll have to wait and see.

just my opinion, carry on.

#326 Posted by TheTruthIII (3044 posts) - - Show Bio

Underwhelming since the last 3 teasers were for Infinity War (unbridled hype with tons of new scenery to chew up and analyze afterwards), Black Panther (a cultural movement) and Thor Ragnarok (just all around better than the other 3 combined)

#327 Edited by xZone (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem: Typically, it requires vast durability to be able to physically push a planet, but If that weren’t the case, I would agree.

#328 Edited by rem (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@rem: Typically, it requires vast durability to be able to physically push a planet, but If that weren’t the case, I would agree.

I did not know that. Alright then.

#329 Posted by m2k (511 posts) - - Show Bio

This one of those trailers that slowly grows on u. For me at least. At first, it seems bland and seems like TV quality. On further rewatches, cinematography not as weak as I initially thought. Brie, being an out of sorts alien with a cloudy memory, makes sense with her spaced out demeanor and speech. We can't exactly expect her to have the immediate behavior or exuberance of humans. Can we?

#330 Posted by Magian (149597 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames said:

Look like a generic sci-fi movie. Marvel has been good with making their movies feel more director driven, and this looks bland and safe aside for Captain Marvel punching old ladies. We need more old ladies being punch XD.

Best part of the trailer really lol

#331 Posted by BruceRogers (16207 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright. Was more excited to see Mar-vell tbh.

#332 Posted by GearSecond659 (4999 posts) - - Show Bio

#333 Edited by gokuss4z (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

The age of wamen is upon us, RIP MCU

#334 Posted by madcrusher (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuss4z said:

The age of wamen is upon us, RIP MCU

lol

#335 Posted by jojjimbo (2661 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting, can't wait to see it.

#336 Edited by pimpGravy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!!

#337 Posted by Abezethibou (840 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

If her character actually turns out to be decent i would love to see her interactions with Thor

#338 Posted by Farkam (11903 posts) - - Show Bio

yawn

#339 Posted by Farkam (11903 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, its not too bad actually, not too interesting either but less cringy than Shazam

Aquaman > This > Shazam

so far

#341 Posted by Killer94 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks and feels underwhelming.

#342 Posted by WollfMyth209 (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't blown away, but I didn't expect to be blown away.

Pretty solid, overall.