Captain marvel looks amazing! CCXP

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is from a Reddit user who attended CCXP and saw some exclusive new footage

Ok! So I got the chance to go to CCXP and I met @captainmarvelnews he was great! And I saw the Captain marvel footage and the brie interview .

So they took our phones to make sure no one could record (typical marvel)

So I will say I apologize to brie Larson for doubting her acting and Carol . Those damn trailers do not do her justice and I honestly feel pissed about it. She’s very funny and charming, which is why I don’t get why the hell they cut those trailers the way they did. Movie is WAYYYY colorful then it looks in the trailers, Carol is not as serious and bland as the trailers portray her. She’s actually a smartass and reminded me of starlord maybe even Tony a little with the captain America emotional tie.

So 1. Yes Law is a mentor, there’s a training sequence too where they walk in and he instantly hits and knocks her down, smooth clean scene .. and she tries to control her temper as her hand glows (obviously about to wreck his shit) and he tells her she needs to learn to control her powers and temper ( brie and Jude have great chemistry and you feel her anger.)

That scene where the laser in her head? Yeah that’s the Skrulls . They’ve captured her and tied her hands up and are using the machine on her. “Her mind will tell us what we need.” Talos ( I think, he sounded like Ben) says. So they want some information out of her head. She wakes up as we saw in the other trailer. And she uses her strength ( she’s strong as fuck) to break out but can’t use her photon Blast because her hands are restricted by a machine. So she has to “do it the old school way.” And proceeds to kick Skrull ass, well choreographed fight as well. You can see the stunt double a little but they haven’t fully added Brie’s face digital yet but the scenes you see her clearly in she’s awesome.

A skrull tries to scare her by screaming at her, she screams back and smiles and punches him in the face ( it’s an excellent scene, funny and classic MCU. Brie is funny as well.) And gets the Machines off and blasts the ship to pieces before escaping in an escape pod.

Also she says higher further faster.

They showed skrulls changing, it’s mystique but more smooth? like but looks painful also you can see it. The skin sheds over and over until the new skin of formed. It’s cool.

Carol reminds me of starlord actually, she jokes a lot especially with Maria Rambue .

There’s also a top gun looking scene where Maria and Carol are joking and making fun and gossiping about their Air Force teammates (it’s very funny too, showing the typical MCU comedy.) And Maria and Carol Board their planes and Maria says “let’s show these boys how to do it!” - Great scene , showing sisterly love, feels real instead of like actors. Great job to brie and lashana!

Brie will be Carol just like Gal was Diana. Film will definitely receive rave reviews if this footage was anything to go off of.

But the movie looks awesome and emotional and can’t wait to see more!

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypeeee

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

epic CCXP

First trailer of Spider Man come too

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000

Carol reminds me of starlord actually, she jokes a lot especially with Maria Rambue .

She’s actually a smartass and reminded me of starlord maybe even Tony a little with the captain America emotional tie.

I need the MCU to find some new templates lol

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still didnt like brie from the trailers. She just looks bland as hell. But fingers crossed, hope she is good.

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so it's just your average, run-of-the-mill MCU film?

alright then

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice lie. Trailer has revealed all there is for her character.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This are good news, honestly i am eager to see this movie.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good to hear about Brie, because yeah, those trailers were as bland as baby pablum.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TL;DR: "Dis muvie good because she make da jokes and pucn da bad guyz!!!"

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a cookie cutter MCU MC.

Not that it's bad, its just that we see that a lot these comedian heroes already that they almost had the same personality.

Tony, Starlord, Antman, sarcastic smart talking comedians (in the vein of Deadpool), i could say that Strange and Widow also belong to this group.

Spiderman is a comedic goof, Thor, and Capt are clueless goof.

Black Panther is the only serious looking major character, imo, and he is not even that major.

This is why a grew tired of major cross-over movies because dialogues often ends up into "who has the best single one liner/comeback" competition.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels like I keep watching the same marvel movie with every new release

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

She’s actually a smartass and reminded me of starlord maybe even Tony a little with the captain America emotional tie.

Not a good sign...

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not that it's bad, its just that we see that a lot these comedian heroes already that they almost had the same personality.

Tony, Starlord, Antman, sarcastic smart talking comedians (in the vein of Deadpool), i could say that Strange and Widow also belong to this group.

Black Panther is the only serious looking major character, imo, and he is not even that major.

This is why a grew tired of major cross-over movies because dialogues often ends up into "who has the best single one liner/comeback" competition.

I'm kind of curious how people would rank the Arrowverse crossovers in that regard?

Side note, I would make the argument that Steve is still one of the more serious MCU characters. Not "constipated" levels of super-serious, but more that he can treat a situation seriously and react by still being a moral center and point of hope.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@cyberpunkcop: bro thanks for the news hope some this will shut some mouths at least

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@mimisalome said:

I'm kind of curious how people would rank the Arrowverse crossovers in that regard?

Side note, I would make the argument that Steve is still one of the more serious MCU characters. Not "constipated" levels of super-serious, but more that he can treat a situation seriously and react by still being a moral center and point of hope.

I wouldn't know.

I don't watched Arrow nor is interested about how people think about it.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberpunkcop: bro thanks for the news hope some this will shut some mouths at least

It's unlikely not until they see it themselves but really the blame falls on the trailer house they could have edited those trailer far better

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so it's just your average, run-of-the-mill MCU film?

alright then

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else waiting to actually watch the movie to form an opinion ?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Anyone else waiting to actually watch the movie to form an opinion ?

I'm pretty sure most of us are...

But the topic of the thread is not about forming an opinion about a movie that you already watched.

I think this topic is more about making some personal speculations using some randon Reddit guy's article as a reference.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damage control?