deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lan_fan said:

@tobymaguire:

WB could have done that for BVS, Suicide Squad and Justice League since they own the site

Lol, the company that was seriously trying to screw up those very own movies by cutting out literally every important scene, and not actually waiting for the movie to finish? I don't think so.

No Caption Provided

Great Logic.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#102  Edited By Supermanthor

Well this is something you really can't take away from captain marvel

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tobymaguire: It is not logic. I was simply stating what actually happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@tobymaguire: It is not logic. I was simply stating what actually happened.

The company cut it it because the movie was long and bad. They needed the movie to be short so they can run more shows in opening weekend and collect as much money before word spreads the movie is bad

It is a sound financial decision to cut lose

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Shinne

@tobymaguire: You can clearly see which company is actually thinking what they were doing (think about the long run) and not just trying to make easy money as quick as possible. Everyone loved BvS extended cut more than the official released one. Justice League was dumb and clearly not a finished movie. The CGI wasn't even polished wtf... They just keep making just horrible decisions. They were financial decisions, but definitely not a sound one. It is connected universe type of franchise, they should've known better than doing something that shortsighted.

Suicide Squad I can understand. It was just bland.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@tobymaguire: You can clearly see which company is actually thinking what they were doing and not just trying to make easy money as quick as possible. Everyone loved BvS extended cut more than the official released one. Justice League was dumb and clearly not a finished movie. The CGI wasn't even polished wtf... They just keep making just horrible decisions.

Suicide Squad I can understand. It was just bland.

WB f##ked up the movement they brought Zach Synder to helm DCEU.Look at how much Aquaman and WW made. The answer is very Clear. BvS extended cut is better but still is fundamentally flawed. WB knew that and cut it and tried to make money before bad reviews spread.

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman was a trash film. Gal gadot's acting is like a robot with Alzheimers.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Shinne

@tobymaguire: Nah, Zack is fine to me. I like Man of Steel than both of those movies. I know what WB was trying to do, I just think it was a horrible, shortsighted decision. You simply can't justify their decision with Justice League. It was all their fault, not Zack's. The parts that Zack actually directed and was finished (probably the first 1/4 of the movie) were fine.

They were trying to make connected universe type of franchise. Now when people think about DCEU, they're gonna remember that bad Justice League movie and decide not to watch the future movies. Good for business? I don't think so.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was better than both WW and Aquaman so well-deserved.

Darkhawk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: EPIC THIS!! Great film.

Glad CM made history.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Zach films are not for everyone unlike MCU. WB expected his film to make a billion dollar and that's where problem started.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bag_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

give me an odd feeling of black panther dejavu

Darkhawk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Darkhawk2

"Captain Marvel becomes First female superHERo to pass 1 billion$"

False title. Captain Marvel is the only female lead film to cross a billion and the highest grossing female lead franchise period. Not just in comic films. The highest until Cap was Hunger Games 880mil.

Carol putting the ladies on the map. Saying hey we can do it to.

I told you guys 6-9 years ago 2019 would be her year. And after EG makes almost another 3 billion at the BO it'll be the first time in history one character(Carol) racked up nearly 4 billion in views in one year between her film and EG. CM be getting the royal treatment.

In one year CM will have racked up more in views then probably any character ever.

Great movie. Loved it

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cereir: wth was that , wrong thread buddy.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad that people can celebrate this without fighting over a stupid fake rivalry like MCU vs DCEU

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still trash.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man people are straight salty. Some of you need to get help.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made by a company that just got hit with a class action law suit for not paying women what their male counterparts are making. Way to go.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Nice

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This does put a smile on my face

The movie however was just OK, could have been a lot better.

Expected another Black Panther like event for Woman or Guardians than this from Brie Larson and Marvel.

Hope they get better Director who can do amazing fights and also script that can show Brie's Oscar winning acting.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doom_phd:

@doom_phd said:

Money =/= Quality and Wonder Woman was the better female hero. Still funny how people dismiss the fact all you need is stick a MCU sticker on a movie and it will make bank.

money ain't equal to quality if you see Ragnarok. It was a better movie than homecoming yet failed to gross more than homecoming

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares? Shit remains shit, regardless of how many flies surround it.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally thought it was a great movie.

I see some people have criticized it for having a big feminist subtext to it. However, look at the time it was set in. Most of Carol's flashbacks are consistent with the culture in the 70's and 80's. If you want some context, read the accounts of the first women at West Point. The first class to graduate women was 1980, btw. Even into the 90's, women were met with hostility in the service.

For example:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1995-11-14-9511140209-story.html

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Jesus Christ man why are people so salty over this movie's success? I can't wrap my head around it.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By RabumAlal

@agent41: I don’t know how you get better acting from Wonder Woman or Aquaman tbh. Anyone other than Chris Pine (who absolutely carried the movie) was average or below, Gadot is simply awful. Fake villains were bad and Lupin didn’t do much. Aquaman acting was even worse with Kidman and Dafoe clearly phoning it in, Amber Heard horrible, young Aquaman laughable and Momoa doing his hotguy stare thing and not much else. Samuel Jackson and Brie Larson were great and had more chemistry than either duo (they are also much better actors). Only bad actress was Carol’s friend whose scenes were the worst in the movie.

CM >> WW >>> Aquaman

Visuals and Action, I’ll give you that Aquaman had tons of stuff going on and looked nice compared to CM which wasn’t so over the top. Aquaman’s action carries the movie and Atlantis actually looked like an advanced civilization compared to Wakanda or Amazon island. WW however had a lackluster final fight, dead visuals and not much going on in between. Her bracelet attack looks dumb.

Aquaman >> CM > WW

Direction, I think Wan didn’t do a good job and WW was mediocre while CM was a classic Marvel movie which probably isn’t very difficult to do. Still better than the other two. CM > WW > Aquaman

Script: Aquaman script is clearly the worst, the dialogues were embarrasing, the movie’s plot didn’t make sense (finding his mother at the Trench, her playful scolding of Orm in the end “go to your room stare”. Simply everything was too cliche and weak. Manta was pretty lame. All around pretty boring.

WW script was passable because her mythos has the potential to be very interesting. Her scenes on the island were very generic tho. Love interest worked well, unlike Aquaman which simply felt cliche again. CM script had funny things (humour is something DC can’t make feel natural for some reason) and I liked that the Skrulls were actually the good guys. The lack of a forced love interest also worked in the movie’s favour. Again, scenes with her friend were awful and her kid was bad as well (Auntie Carol is here! Seriously? First of all, she is too young to remember her, second it is clear Carol is like her idol so she would get more excited. She was also keen to send her mother to space to fight aliens and Carol also wanted her which was dumb)

CM >= WW >>> Aquaman

Wrote too much, it’s all opinion in the end. I like watching all superhero stuff so was disappointed a bit with WW being average and Aquaman being boring, hopefully Shazam delivers.

Darkhawk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Darkhawk2

@rudebomberboy01: "Jesus Christ man why are people so salty over this movie's success? I can't wrap my head around it."

I can answer that question easy. How long has DC fanboys hid behind "Marvel doesn't have any big female heroes. They'll NEVER have a heroine successfully as WW. None of theirs are iconic enough. And besides, all their most popular heroines are with FOX's X-Men. Marvel females suck. DC has the best females."

How many years did they hide behind that? Than after the break away success of Black Panther Carol's chances started looking pretty good. All of that made DC fanboys insecure af!

So now because of Captain Marvel's success years of claiming Marvel would never have a more successful heroine then WW just got smacked on its head. Think about it. When has a comic female bested WW in anything up until now. WW just got beat in the most important fictional medium.

The numbers are on paper for everyone to compare. Wondy got beat rather handedly.

DC having the most successful heroine was something DC fanboys identified with. Now that spot is in doubt.

That's why they're so upset over this films success.

This was a pretty big L.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Lmfao Gadot is a terrible actress and Mamoa is bad as well. You can’t seriously think the acting in either WW or Aquaman was anything better than ok.

DaywaIker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daywaiker said:

The movie focuses on how men kept telling her she couldn't do anything because she was a woman. This makes men look evil like they do in every other movie. Women don't do some things better than men.

Actually it doesn't, this is the wrong message to take from the movie. That flashback scene was inspired by real experiences of women, but it never said or implied all men are evil to women (otherwise Carol wouldn't trust Nick Fury).

But the whole gist of the movie is how she's so much better than men. A better pilot, better officer, adn better superhero than all the male ones. I didnt say she thought all men were evil.

Like take being a pilot for example. according to the Eagle Forum. this is a think tank ran by a genius lady named Phyillis Schufly look her up if you don't know who she is.

I googled her and found out she was an ultraconservative antifeminists and therefore probably a very biased person. She's also an irrelevant person because i did a quick google search of her and eagle forum and found nothing that said anything about female pilot accidental rates. Care to point out the article?

I find her to be very unbiased. Probably one of the greatest women in history. She convinced others a woman's place is as wife and mother. women are supposed to play support roles to men. she was just pointing it out.

as for women being 4 times more likely its on here: http://fathersmanifesto.net/womenpilots.htm

women pilots are 4 times more likely to have a crash than men. womens brains aren't wired to operate a complex piece of machinery like a plane. so being a woman who thinks she can do anything can be hazardous to people around you.

This has been refuted

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15676598 - This article says that males had a higher rate of accidents than females and a higher rate of fatal accidents.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21376889 - This article also says that senior veteran male pilots are more likely to be involved in fatal accidents than female pilots despite the superior experience. However, it says that there is no strong correlation between pilot error and pilot gender

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1988-18577-001 - While it is believed that women are better verbally and men are better spatially, there was no average gender differences found between them and possibly have diminished over the years.

you cant trust most research. its usually full of liberal bias. i trust research like eagle forum because its so disliked by society that it couldn't be biased. thats why we junk science like evoluton and global warming.

that link addresses most of these studies.

thats why if i was boarding an airplane and saw the captain was a woman, then I would walk out and ask for another flight. im not going to risk my life on the altar of PC feminist culture.

You are a blatant sexist then. You placed a blanket statement on all women even though only on average, women have less spatial intelligence than men. You discriminated against someone who you know nothing about, someone who has been passed the tests and cleared to operate an airplane carrying thousands of people. There are women who excel in spatial skills and therefore in piloting. Your bias is unjust and extreme.

ok...i will admit there is some female pilots that are good but i think theyre in minority. read the link above youll understand why.

as for amila airhart. maybe i spoke too harshly about her. what im trying to say is she wouldnt have died if she had stuck to being a wife and mother. marie curey died of radiation exposure if she had done her traditional role none of this would ever happen.

thats why i consider phyillis schafly one of the greatest women in history. she single handed defended defended the traditional role of women in america. which is more than what any of these women could have done.

@dasalvadore: im neither. im a defender of our judochristian society which is crumbling.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jesus Christ...some of these guys are salty and super sensitive about something very stupid....but that's the internet for ya...

Loading Video...

Look at the way he titled the video....LOLOLOLOLO.....

Darkhawk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse: like I said this is Marvel's greatest success. That joker in the video was crying like a baby.

Anything that keeps the haters and DC fanboys crying like that is epic win.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising really. It’s a decent film that has earned extra cash by being important to Endgame.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: And again you have the obligation to defend her. Seriously get over it. you have been this way for nearly 5 years.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

@agent41: ?...Seriously dude. You have been this way for years. Always finding an excuse to debate with somebody just so you could have a sense of accomplishment that you somehow convince somebody to like WW. Its retarded. Seriously get over it.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: ?..Get over it. Your just trying to justify your excuse. CM made more money than WW thats just facts. Thats it. No use trying to make this about WWs powers and whatnot.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daywaiker: What I know is that you're fundamentally wrong on the film and regardless of any positive attempts, you're words are absolutely sexist.

"The movie focuses on how men kept telling her she couldn't do anything because she was a woman. This makes men look evil like they do in every other movie."

- The film did absolutely nothing of the sort. The Kree "control yourself" was never about her being a woman and all about her having an individualistic nature compared to the "Society above the one" philosophy of the Kree. Rewatch the first part of the film and it's essentially an extreme Space Roman-Russian Empire demanding total subservience to the state/military and a main character who wants to be her own person. The part about her and her friend struggling to get anywhere in the US Air Force is objectively a factual situation women have faced in military and society in general. The flash-scenes where Carol has to deal with drunken pilots hitting on her is something that most women have to deal with whenever they are in a mostly masculine situation.

Hells bells, look at any comment arena where there's a video of a women on screen. They could be talking about serious political situations, advanced astrophysics, or breaking down a brand new comic and saying what she likes/dislikes and she'll get at least dozens of comments about how good/bad she looks and what troglodytes want to do to her or what they like about her body.

"Well, I'll tell you something, they are partially right. Women don't do some things better than men."

- And in the way the film presents the statement, and how you're coming across, that's horseshit. If you're talking about pound-for-pound physical activities then obviously a woman won't be able to do a physical action at the same level as a man who has more strength. But a 5"6 dude who never goes to the gym won't physically be able to do the same as a 6"4 woman who weightlifts three times a week for years. And outside of the physical arena, it's a dumb, backwards statement.

"Like take being a pilot for example. according to the Eagle Forum. this is a think tank ran by a genius lady named Phyillis Schufly look her up if you don't know who she is. women pilots are 4 times more likely to have a crash than men. womens brains aren't wired to operate a complex piece of machinery like a plane. so being a woman who thinks she can do anything can be hazardous to people around you.

thats why if i was boarding an airplane and saw the captain was a woman, then I would walk out and ask for another flight. im not going to risk my life on the altar of PC feminist culture.

its kind of funny. that little girl dressed up as ameila airheart. did you know she died after getting lost in her plane. see she would have lived longer if she understood her limits."

- And none of this is worthy of any type of response that won't probably get me a warning. It's sexism wrapped in pretend science.