• 174 results
#1 Edited by TobyMaguire (747 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Disney/Marvel’s Captain Marvelhas superpowered her way past the $1B mark worldwide. Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers crossed the milestone with Tuesday’s grosses included and now stands at $358.1M domestic with $644.5Mat the international box office for a combined $1,002.6M global.

It is the 4th biggest solo superhero film overseas now only below Aquaman, Iron Man 3 and Black Panther. CM will beat BP today. It also passed up Venom and Dark Knight Rises.

#2 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Briellion baby

#3 Posted by Darkhawk2 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's biggest success. CM made history. Phenomenal film

#4 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

So Aquaman is better and made more money? Damn that's embarrassing.

#5 Posted by TobyMaguire (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman said:

Especially for Wonder Woman

#6 Posted by gamiz7 (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: are you dissing aquaman!!!

#7 Posted by Doom_Phd (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

Money =/= Quality and Wonder Woman was the better female hero. Still funny how people dismiss the fact all you need is stick a MCU sticker on a movie and it will make bank.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
#8 Posted by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

HIGHER FURTHER FASTER BABY !!!!!!

#9 Edited by TobyMaguire (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@doom_phd said:

Money =/= Quality and Wonder Woman was the better female hero. Still funny how people dismiss the fact all you need is stick a MCU sticker on a movie and it will make bank.

Tell that to Antman and Wasp box office😂

#10 Posted by DaSalvadore (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman said:

There is zero point in trying to compare the two, even as a "burn." C for effort.

#11 Edited by Doom_Phd (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: still made bank with competitive movies along side it. What’s CM competition right now ?

#12 Posted by TobyMaguire (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@doom_phd said:

@tobymaguire: still made bank with competitive movies along side it. What’s CM competition right now ?

Godzilla ran away to June. There is no competition because it is March and Studios are not stupid to release movie alongside MCU movie

Current competition Dumbo, US, and Unplanned.

#13 Posted by Asshat_Zeppeli (158 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this movie would have been anywhere near as successful if Endgame wasn't around the corner, There's also a lot of controversy around CM earnings due to Disney censoring a vast majority of reviews and all the video's on youtube recording empty theaters Disney claimed were full and making money.

#14 Edited by TobyMaguire (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@asshat_zeppeli said:I don't think this movie would have been anywhere near as successful if wasn't around the corner, There's also a lot of controversy around CM earnings due to Disney censoring a vast majority of reviews and all the video's on youtube recording empty theaters Disney claimed were full and making money.

Loading Video...

Videos from very Trusted people who respects Wahmen. Did anyone complain to Government for fraud. Disney is publically traded company and those videos can topple the management for fraud.

#15 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Bbbbut Brie "white genocide" Larson cost Disney 100 million dollars

#16 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess some people owe captain salt an apology lmao

#17 Posted by Asshat_Zeppeli (158 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#18 Posted by PhantomRant (1434 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by TobyMaguire (747 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36896 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: That’s because Peyton Reed uses too much Dad Humor And Hank Pym should have been the main Antman

#21 Posted by Magian (152059 posts) - - Show Bio

Good for it I guess.

#23 Posted by Darkhawk2 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@doom_phd: sorry but wonder Woman was shit. Total trash film

#24 Posted by PhantomRant (1434 posts) - - Show Bio

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#25 Posted by RBT (29257 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see if it surpasses Wonder Woman's domestic run. 55 mil from here is kind of far away, especially with two big CBMs coming soon.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#26 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

@doom_phd: Because MCU make more enjoyable movies so when a Marvel film comes out people naturally want to see it, DCEU has had more flops than hits but they seem to be finally turning that around.

#27 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Not really, Captain Marvel is pretty trash. Wonder Woman is objectively better. Both DCEU films are better than that. The 2nd half of CM is unwatchable lol.

It’s just more of a statement about the future after Endgame. MCU is on the come down, DCEU is on the come up really. That much is clear.

#28 Posted by Mutant1230 (6798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman said:

@tobymaguire: Not really, Captain Marvel is pretty trash. Wonder Woman is objectively better. Both DCEU films are better than that. The 2nd half of CM is unwatchable lol.

It’s just more of a statement about the future after Endgame. MCU is on the come down, DCEU is on the come up really. That much is clear.

How is the MCU on the "come down"?

#29 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5785 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU is on the come down, DCEU is on the come up really. That much is clear.

No Caption Provided

#30 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@mutant1230: Captain Marvel is set to be the face of the franchise and she’s a pretty bad character, and didn’t improve much in the MCU. DCEU has better characters and stories lined up.

#31 Posted by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney: "like our movies or you're a bigoted troll!"

You: "yes masters, tell us what to think, say and do."

Yeah be proud.

#32 Posted by PhantomRant (1434 posts) - - Show Bio

>MCU on the come-down

>When their most obscure superhero hit 1 Billion in 4 weeks

>When Marvel finished a deal that allots access to the vast universes of the X-men and Fantastic Four

>When Black Panther had the highest domestic gross of any MCU film and will have a trilogy

>When the closest person to RDJ in charisma & wit is sticking around with the MCU for several more years (Dr.Strange/benedict cumberbatch)

>When their first Asian superhero will likely make a groundbreaking BO impact in the Chinese market and substitute for the fight choreography that Captain America had

>When MCU is finally entering cosmic domains

DCEU is coming up, but it still has a lot to prove. It needs to prove that it can handle a shared universe film since they're the biggest money makers (new Justice League). It needs to prove that The Batman is a solid good movie. It needs to successfully reinvigorate other members of the Justice League: Superman, The Flash, and Cyborg. If any of these fail, they might as well jump back to pre-Aquaman days. DCEU has a lot of prove before we can say they can truly compete with Marvel.

#33 Posted by Mutant1230 (6798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman said:

@mutant1230: Captain Marvel is set to be the face of the franchise and she’s a pretty bad character, and didn’t improve much in the MCU. DCEU has better characters and stories lined up.

Captain Marvel isn't going to helm all other future movies, she'll just be the "face" of the MCU the same way Captain America was... and we don't know what other stories or characters Marvel has lined up. It's very premature to say the MCU is on a downward spiral

#34 Posted by hyiena (5368 posts) - - Show Bio

Hipsters: "Disney is evil and everything it does is bad."

#35 Posted by incursion2 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Doom_Phd (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkhawk2: funny so was captain Marvel but I didn’t felt bored in WW movie

#37 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman:

Bro lol. Come on.

Why does it bother you when an MCU movie is successful financially? CM hit the billion mark and hasn’t been out for even a month. We don’t know if AM will still carry the lead.

How is the MCU on the come down? Captain Marvel is an obscure character and it just hit a billy. Endgame is going to smoke past 2 billy. Far From Home is a Spider-Man movie (which takes place after Endgame and is basically the fresh start to the MCU) and for sure will hit a billy. Black Panther will have a trilogy and that will for sure be in the billions.

Not to mention the acquisition of the X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.

I’m not sure of your logic here.

#38 Posted by Gotoucanario (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

Proves people will want anything that has the MCU tag. Captain Marvel is borderline the worst MCU movie to date but the Mouse and SJW drive overcame.

#39 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5228 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
#40 Posted by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotoucanario: I liked it, and I place it in the middle of the pack.

#41 Posted by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#42 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17151 posts) - - Show Bio

Can’t hate 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

#43 Posted by Heatforce (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: lol I can but I won't. My issues with Brie don't transend the fact that people still worked hard on her film so I clap for them.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#44 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12147 posts) - - Show Bio

Endgame is gonna reach 3 billion.

#45 Edited by rem (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. This just shows that Kevin Feige knows what he’s doing and can make almost anything work including F list superhero’s.

We’ll see if it can beat Wonder Woman’s Domestic box office though.

#46 Posted by DaSalvadore (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@ipvman said:

Rather than "pretty trash" and "unwatchable" how about actually explaining what you don't like about it.

#47 Posted by PurplePerson (911 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wonder why anyone has more than a passing interest in the box office. I would get it if you were involved in the project but I don’t see why a consumer should care.

#48 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5228 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: lol I can but I won't. My issues with Brie don't transend the fact that people still worked hard on her film so I clap for them.

I mean she also worked hard for the film.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#50 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7673 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is a better movie