Captain Marvel 2nd Trailer!!

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mindleech: I just think overall the movie is going to be better than ant man, and agreed although that was my favourite part of the trailer the cgi needs some improvement

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@darkpsychiclord_prime: She can fly directly into space and destroy spaceships by shooting them which already puts her above Vision and Iron Man in those regards.

Iron man can only fly into the upper stratosphere

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it. More action bits and super saiyan mode goodness. I was already in. Hopefully the story has a unique quality to match its nice visuals.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: IKR. Even the constantly charismatic Samuel L Jackson had not energy or life in him in this trailer.

KenKenKillTiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem said:
@DJKenKen said:
@rem said:

What doesn’t make sense to me is that she looks Laos above every other avenger. Kind of makes them look useles.

I wouldn't say that. We haven't seen all that much but i'd still say Thor, Strange and possibly Iron-Man could match her atm. We'll see tho.

Id agree with that, but she looks in their tier just by trailer feats and that’s not good

we’ve had literal statements that she’s will be the most powerful in the mcu, and that she can move planets.

I mean, if she's one of the keys to taking down Thanos, she kinda has to be in their tier from the get go. Besides im willing to bet the "move planets" comments are exaggerated just like the "Thanos throws an entire moon at the Avengers" stuff was exaggerated. She probably does something really impressive, but no way she's moving a planet.

TwotoneLou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TwotoneLou

The only thing more impressive then the trailer is the amount of useless and determined nitpicking in this thread. It's all for nothing.

This movie's BO and critical reception is going to shut the haters up. Prayers for failure will go unheard.

And I'm still in shock Marvel pulled this off. That was CM at her best at the end of that trailer. Epic!!

Also I call trash on anyone saying that wasnt a impressive feat. Soon as people start using Stormbreak Thor feats for comparison you know it was a good feat.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The acting from Brie doesn't look promising tbh. The CGI is phenomenal IMO and the action sequence at the end looks like is going to be spectacular. Not the most hyped i've been for a movie but still pretty excited to see it.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rem

@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

@rem: Lol what? She hasn't shown anything that would put her above Iron Man or Vision yet, let alone Thor. Don't try to say they are making the same mistakes Justice League made when they aren't.

When did I say that?

I didn’t say I’d put her above either so stop putting words in my mouth. I said just from trailer feats she “looks” in their tier. She has already shown damage output stronger than Iron man and vision. Just my opinion dude.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: apart from being able to fly through space (which at the end of the trailer seems like she can do at MFTL), blowing space ships isn't something that Iron Man and even Warmachine can't do with missiles or Vision with the Mind Stone. I'm sure that she'll be a lot more powerful than that, but just from those feats i don't know how someone can say that she makes the other Avengers look useless.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey she showed some emotion in this trailer thats a step up.

im very excited to welcome in the new MCU addition who will still be below 616 Thing

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Zepta_Pon

+ It's definitely better and it looks more promising than the first trailer.

+ The music is overall a step up from the usual mcu music (ws trailer is still the best tho), but it's still not enough to make me excited about the movie. I'll still give this a positive either way.

+ / - The cgi quality of the space scene in the end looks like it's not yet finished. If that's final, then it doesn't look good. The first Iron Man movie from 2008 has better cgi than that. I hope they improve that scene.

- Brie doesn't look and sound inspiring.

- I still don't know what the creative pitch is, and it looks, sounds and feels very much like another typical mcu movie.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 xzone  Online

@xzone said:

Meh, no real feats that I can see (besides destroying some ships) and I can already see the low-ball “cap marvel couldn’t even break an iron bar”

X

Without binary I can see her being only a mid tier.

Maybe, but with binary her and Thor will prob be a match for the entire JL (yeah I said it) even post Shazam and aquaman

X

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh pretty average as i expected with comparison to other MCU trailers but i guess i wasn't expecting anything more from this movie . I agree it was better than the first but it is still feels generic . I hope it doesn't affect my hype for A4 .

Most people don't even knw about her binary powers and that makes her to be more of a mid tier for me . I will be underwhelmed if she becomes powerful than Thanos (even though i know he was nerfed in MCU but still )

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: How does she look like the strongest? Her best feat is destroying ships. Hulk and Thor did that and more in phase 1.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But will she get blitzed though???

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the concensus seems to be:

Better than the first trailer... but that's not a high bar

Looks like "every other superhero movie" (maybe its genre fatigue?)

"i'm gonna end it" made me cringe, how much more cliche can you get?

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: How does she look like the strongest? Her best feat is destroying ships. Hulk and Thor did that and more in phase 1.

Your know what? Okay ill agree with you.

TwotoneLou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TwotoneLou

HEY, YO!! Somebody who knows how to make gifs go back to the spot where Ronin is looking out of the window at the dog fight. Real quick you can see CM fly right through two med sized space fighters with ease. Put in a gif please

It's at the 1:40 mark

Some of the ships she one shots are mid sized space fighters. And we all know those will be her weak feats in the trailer. We haven't seen nothing yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: Judging from her powers it seems all she does is just spam energy attacks which is cool, but nothing we haven't seen before and so far not comparable to Thor's lightning or anything. Her durability and that planet feat are what's really gonna matter. Also her flight.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not really genre fatigue. It's just the typical mcu movie fatigue.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KenKenKillTiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its less genre fatigue and more the fact that this movie doesn't seem to have a gimmick or theme. Like Ant-Man's was that it was a heist. Avengers are event crossover movies. Guardians are space operas/epics. Homecoming's was high school and slice of life.

This is just generic "what's my past, im a superhero, im the key to victory" tropes that everyone's already seen with generic music. I still think it'll be a good movie, just not being presented well in trailers.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HEY, YO!! Somebody who knows how to make gifs go back to the spot where Ronin is looking out of the window at the dog fight. Real quick you can see CM fly right through two med sized space fighters with ease. Put in a gif please

It's at the 1:40 mark

Some of the ships she one shots are mid sized space fighters. And we all know those will be her weak feats in the trailer. We haven't seen nothing yet.

nice eye!

niceeeee

TwotoneLou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Meh, pass... Just lemme get the A4 trailer.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

this was pretty dope too

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks like a solid flick and the action looks cool but man I just can’t get behind this. Everything about what Marvel’s doing with the character feels forced and it just puts me off from her and her place in the MCU/MU which sucks cuz when Carol was Ms Marvel she was one of my favourite Avengers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. Not blowing me away at all but looks good. I think we'll have to wait until the movie before we have a strong idea for how good it will be.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brie Larson has no personality

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@amcu said:

Looks good. Not blowing me away at all but looks good. I think we'll have to wait until the movie before we have a strong idea for how good it will be.

TwotoneLou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TwotoneLou

@oreoghoul: nice. She took that whole room out with ease. We need a gif of when she's standing in the ship lighting up like Goku.

The amount of power flowing through her... it ain't for show.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

feats feats feats more feats

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it bother anyone else she looks more impressive than Thor?

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DJKenKen:Well, but most of what you said could also apply to CA:TFA, and that movie had more hype (I personally think its extremely forgettable though, in fact I've forgotten like 95% of it)

@zepta_pon: Yeah, MCU movies would be the genre in question.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 xzone  Online

Yeah, this is epic

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Strongest Avengers Anyone?

X

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brie Larson has no personality

She's like Kristen Stewart, dead inside and bored all the time. They could've cast Kristen instead and save some money.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a neat feat (If that is CM in the centre).

TwotoneLou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emanresu_20: I'm to busy enjoying CM being done right to care about Thor being nerfed early on. It always did bother how earlier on in the MCU Thor seemed nerfed.

The only thing that would have bothered me more then that would have been if Thor AND CM got nerfed. Thankfully that didn't happen. I'm loving everything I'm seeing in this movie.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the trailer, it was generally good.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@oreoghoul: True, quite honestly that alone puts her second only to Thor in the mcu IMO

X

I'm hoping we see some of these quotes come to fruition

"She's so, so strong," Brie Larson enthusiastically tells Total Film in the latest issue. "She can move planets!"

When explaining the character in-depth, and specifically the casting of Brie Larson, Feige reveals, “With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter-balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft. At the same time, we need her to land and have relatable flaws.”

I'm personally hoping we don't see any of that. Would completely ruin it for me. I like right now in the MCU when all the powerhouses have actual weaknesses (besides maybe Thor, but he's not as strong as Hulk or Thanos). This way they are all useful.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:

Decided to bring this here since its the more relevant thread to the discussion.

Yeah, I mean who would have thought the Thor we saw in phase one (while he was powerful) would become what he is now, and tbh, I think they just gave us a taste of his and the rest of the Avenger's abilities in A3. I think we will see (hopefully) some CM/Thor fight scenes (hopefully space battles or something epic) and see even more extent of Thor's/CM's Power.

Completely agree. Personally I think that Thor was amped up to higher levels as the King of Asgard. He's currently realizing his true potential and as he garners more feats I can see him really being respected much more power wise. We'll have to see though.

Overall every old character seems to have been given an amp. And the new characters seem like they will be brought to a very high level quickly.

We will just have to wait and see exactly what they do.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoL people are arguing power levels immediately.

that was a nice trailer.

Super Saiyan Carol!!!

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoghoul said:
@xzone said:

@oreoghoul: True, quite honestly that alone puts her second only to Thor in the mcu IMO

X

"She's so, so strong," Brie Larson enthusiastically tells Total Film in the latest issue. "She can move planets!"

When explaining the character in-depth, and specifically the casting of Brie Larson, Feige reveals, “With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter-balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft. At the same time, we need her to land and have relatable flaws.”

I'm personally hoping we don't see any of that. Would completely ruin it for me. I like right now in the MCU when all the powerhouses have actual weaknesses (besides maybe Thor, but he's not as strong as Hulk or Thanos). This way they are all useful.

That's why I like the quote there. Feige says even though she'll be crazy powerful, she's still gonna be relatable and have flaws. There will still be weaknesses.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 xzone  Online

@amcu: Indeed. I’d really like to have substantial debates (I know this is a little far away, but it would be cool) with MCU Characters against 616/New 52 Characters. It really is plausible though.. If CM gets some crazy feats and Thor is shown to scale to her or hulk (like moving a planet) then it would totally shift the power levels of these characters to be able to fight pretty strong comic book characters

X

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@amcu: Indeed. I’d really like to have substantial debates (I know this is a little far away, but it would be cool) with MCU Characters against 616/New 52 Characters. It really is plausible though.. If CM gets some crazy feats and Thor is shown to scale to her or hulk (like moving a planet) then it would totally shift the power levels of these characters to be able to fight pretty strong comic book characters

X

We'll have to see. It's possible but I don't really want to say anything until I actually see CM move a planet.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw this chick. I'm hyped for Ronan's return actually.

Also feats don't matter, CW Arrow, MCU Cap, and DCEU Doomsday all one-shot her

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 xzone  Online

@amcu: Obviusly, but the speculation is kinda fun lol

X

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better trailer and better effects. That stated, does everyone get a holomask-thing?

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@oreoghoul said:
@iamthelaw said:
@oreoghoul said:
@xzone said:

X

That's why I like the quote there. Feige says even though she'll be crazy powerful, she's still gonna be relatable and have flaws. There will still be weaknesses.

All I think of is the Rocket quote "That must be some hammer" The hammer being the flaw in this case. You think she's going to be allergic to some green rock or something?

Edit - should say, my concern doesn't have anything to do with her in this movie. My concern is mainly in relation to what will happen in the crossover event following this movie.