Captain America CW Is Bucky The Victim?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Alternate question. How should Bucky be dealt with?

No Caption Provided

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mr_ingenuity: What kind of metal is light enough to be inside a watch but durable enough to stop a point blank bullet?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@zetsumoto: Not sure but I do have my own unsupported theory.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

bump

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Doctor Strange cures that *** after his solo movie. End of Credit Scene could be him being contacted by Cap or Panther.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Yes!!! Dude was a war hero who got blown out of a moving train and was brainwashed by a terrorist organization .

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he was the victim, Cap mad things worse for him

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@avenging_x_bolt: I asked because I discussed it & a majority stated Tony had the right to kill him.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, I can get why Tony wanted to kill him, but he should know why that happen.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: This was answered in the movie. In fact, it was a line in the movie.

@jgames said:

He knew. He said he didn't care because it was his mom.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@makhai: I know but the people I discussed it with seem to hand wave that away under the circumstances Tony saw his parents die. Logic was pushed aside in that discussion. Kind of questioning how many have the same thoughts, even though I disagree.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was framed for crimes he didn't commit and Tony went crazy on him at the end

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: I know but the people I discussed it with seem to hand wave that away under the circumstances Tony saw his parents die. Logic was pushed aside in that discussion. Kind of questioning how many have the same thoughts, even though I disagree.

Well okay then. I will offer my two cents. I think the answer is pretty obvious that Bucky was a victim just as much as Tony's parents. He has no control over what he did at all. Tony knew this too, he just didn't care. He knew his actions were wrong even, but they were driven by sudden, uncontrollable rage. He outright tried to murder someone and he did so knowing it was wrong. We see in the beginning of the movie that his parent's death has had a lifelong impact on him. Tony wasn't thinking with reason, logic, or concern for others. He was consumed by his own pain in that one moment.

I doubt he will act the same if they ever encounter one another again.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@makhai said:

@mr_ingenuity: This was answered in the movie. In fact, it was a line in the movie.

@jgames said:

He knew. He said he didn't care because it was his mom.

I know, he was just being an ass because he wanted to, and clearly was in the wrong. He was acting like a random civilian then a leader, he was being irrational instead of using logic is what I meant.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: Ah, I see what you mean now. I agree.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: So Cap, saving Bucky from being murdered in Wakanda by a then vengeful Black Panterh, made Bucky's life worse when compared to how it ended? I think you need to take a critical thinking class on that one mate

With regards to the OP yes Bucky was a victim and his treatment by Team Iron Man/The Accords simply shows why bending the knee to the Iron Throne of the U.N.; was a bad idea.

Avatar image for freshflintstone
FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are saying Tony went crazy, I'm sorry but someone killing you mother in cold blood brainwashed or not will make you want to go after them

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Obviously. You don't blame a gun for killing your loved one you blame the person who pulled the trigger.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

yep

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: Bucky could have gotten away, remember when Cap brought his helicopter down?

Cap also drug Bucky into a Superhero civil war, not to mention added several crimes to Bucky's rap sheet, Bucky could have explained he was brain washed and wasnt at fault, too late now Cap made he break several laws while he was in complete control of his own mind.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I got the message of 'in war, everyone is a casualty'.

There were no right and wrong decisions, it was intentionally grey.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: Brainwashed terminator Bucky could have gotten away. See this is what I find completely weird when it comes to Pro-Iron Man people. If Cap stops Bucky from being executed; he's wrong. If he stops Bucky when he is the programmed Winter Soldier; he's wrong. Btw, Tony Stark also attempted to stop the programmed Bucky from escaping; are you going to condemn him for trying or does he get to play the hypocrite?

Secondly, you assert that Bucky could have explained his actions if not for Cap's interference. Question: When was he going to be able to do that? After the German authorities executed him? After Black Panther murdered him? When he was at the U.N. compound where he was denied a lawyer by the Governmet and was left alone in a room with Zemo who activated him? etc etc. Exactly where in all this was the moment where Bucky gets his chance to defend himself?

Lastly, the law is not inherently moral. If you think breaking the law automatically makes someone bad then you best be prepared to condemn abolitionists of the past as well as all the Jews who fought for freedom in the Warsaw Ghetto. Go on and take that moment I will give you a minute.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freshflintstone: he did go crazy. It's a sympathiziable type of crazy but it is in fact crazy because it's taking rage out on someone who had no control of their actions.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: They can't exxcute him if they can't find him....

It took 7 years the first time, Cap can explain while he's gone, then find him.

Stop looking so far into it.

The Fact is Cap did it in a way that was Ignorant, hard headed, and straight up stupid.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he was. That said, he still needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mr_ingenuity: What kind of metal is light enough to be inside a watch but durable enough to stop a point blank bullet?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, he was a victim among many. The question is suppose a man raised a dog to kill humans and it killed on command. Who is to blame, the dog or its master? What happens to the dog? Now humans are not dogs and their lives are valued higher. Bucky chose internment, because like a trained-to-kill dog, he knew he could not be trusted.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By jumpstart55

Yep he was without a shadow of a doubt..He was severely misunderstood, And you can tell from the moments when hes not under his kill bot programming that hes a good guy, Like when he Ask Steve are your friends ok? becuase i honestly dont think i,m worth all this trouble.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@mazahs117: how do you hold someone accountable for actions that aren't they're fault? For something the were brainwashed into doing.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love said:

@redlantern2814: They can't exxcute him if they can't find him....

It took 7 years the first time, Cap can explain while he's gone, then find him.

Stop looking so far into it.

The Fact is Cap did it in a way that was Ignorant, hard headed, and straight up stupid.

1) If you had watched the movie you would know they did find him.

2) This is basic parts of the story that require zero deeper thought for someone who has seen the movie. Especially since Black Panther got their a short time after the U.N. located him and everyone who saw the movie can tell you that Bucky was a dead man.

3) I think Cap was insightful, thoughtful, and brilliant. I think he is insightful because he knew the Accords were a bad idea, he was thoughtful because he considered signing the Accords, and brilliant because in the end his side won while Tony's side lost with some members unable to continue being Avengers on his side.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: It is unfortunate for Buck...it's tragic, it really is. But I personally don't believe in using his brainwashing as a free pass, just because he was brainwashed doesn't make all the horrific things he's done and lives he's destroy go away. Hard for me to explain I guess...just the way I feel about.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: It is unfortunate for Buck...it's tragic, it really is. But I personally don't believe in using his brainwashing as a free pass, just because he was brainwashed doesn't make all the horrific things he's done and lives he's destroy go away. Hard for me to explain I guess...just the way I feel about.

So what should his punishment be for being compelled to commit crimes?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MAZAHS117

@redlantern2814: Oh geez, I don't know...make him run some laps, slap his hand, string him up by his toe nails lol....I'm no judge, I just don't believe in letting him walk scott-free without somekind of punishment..s'all I'm saying.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: If you want him to be punished you would need to charge him with a crime; so what would you charge him with? Also be aware you are also saying everyone who was a victim of Killgrave's powers in Jessica Jones should equally be punished under your legal ruling.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep completely the victim. He is as guilty of those murders as the physical gun would be. Tony on the other hand totally deserves to be charged for attempted murder.

Went into the movie as the only team cap, with three team iron man friends. By the end all three switched sides.

Avatar image for watcher_killer4
Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still team Iron man...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: I don't know....Like I said, I'm no judge or aficionado in the law/penal system and I'm not going pretend to be, so I don't know how Bucky's involvement in the laundry list of massacres would be ruled or judged...if even at all

...and my apologies I haven't seen any of Jessica Jones, so I don't get that reference.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i guess i feel differently. i can certainly understand that horrible things have been done, i just feel that it should be put on Hydra, its not like Bucky joined up or served them of his own free will. anyway, i guess i should just be glad this fiction.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MAZAHS117

@avenging_x_bolt: True that, good thing it is fiction. It's very sad. Bucky didn't have a choice being programed and all, and god bless Steve for sticking with his friend thru thick and thin...or "Until the end of the line" as Buck would say. Buck had Steve's back when he was nothing, pre Super Soldier Serum...It's extremely unfortunate. But for me personally Barnes has to be held to some form of accountability for his actions as well as HYDRA.

In my heart of hearts, I think Bucky would feel the same way, he's a good dude. But I can completely understand how some can feel differently about this and make a solid arguement to counter my POV.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mos def he is a victim nothing will change that. Still Buck himself said it to cap it doesn't matter the sin doesn't go away. Plus i can't blame Tony brain washed or not i watched a vid of this guy killing my mom then blood has to pay for blood. I don't know why people keep saying Cap won. How is it winning to have the avengers split up when Thanos is coming.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: I don't know....Like I said, I'm no judge or aficionado in the law/penal system and I'm not going pretend to be, so I don't know how Bucky's involvement in the laundry list of massacres would be ruled or judged...if even at all

...and my apologies I haven't seen any of Jessica Jones, so I don't get that reference.

Jessica Jones' villain in her series is Killgrave and he is a man who has the ability to control the minds of others. He uses this ability to cause innocent people to do horrible things.

Secondly, if you haven't given enough thought to what you would even want Bucky charged with then I would recommend not asking for him to be charged with anything at all

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Ofc Bucky is a victim, thats why he looks so emo.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RedLantern2814

@primebonnick: The reason I say Cap won is because by the end of the movie he has everything he wanted.

1) He saved Bucky

2) Is still leading the Avengers

3) Even managed to make a new ally in Black Panther as well as the support of Wakanda.

If you look at where Cap started in this film, how much he almost lost, and how it ended; it's hard to argue that Cap didn't win.