• 130 results
Posted by ganon15 (5374 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Captain America: Civil War or Suicide Squad? (210 votes)

Captain America: Civil War 82%
Suicide Squad 18%

Which did you like more and why?

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by xsbrx (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were pretty weak to be honest, but I'd go with CW, because it was better put together.

SS was poorly edited and the fundamental idea of the film (the mission itself) was flawed.

#2 Edited by those_eyes (17292 posts) - - Show Bio

civil war

#3 Posted by lukehero (34490 posts) - - Show Bio

CW. Both were very good. SS is on the same level as Avengers or Age of Ultron. CW is just below Winter Solider.

#4 Posted by the_stegman (38943 posts) - - Show Bio

CW. But before this thread turns into the inevitable hate thread, I'll say I like SS alot too.

#5 Edited by Pokeysteve (11824 posts) - - Show Bio

Squad for me. It was a deeper story and the whole thing was executed much better than Civil War. Civil War wasn't bad and a ton of fun but it did well because of all the characters. It's what people wanted to see and Marvel delivered.

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (35367 posts) - - Show Bio

@sbr999 said:

SS was poorly edited and the fundamental idea of the film (the mission itself) was flawed.

The mission wasn't the "fundamental idea". The idea was to have a character-driven plot. Avengers suffered from the same thing, but was ultimately better due to superior pacing and editing.

#7 Posted by JasonHawke (3176 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Civil War obviously

#8 Edited by Drmagic (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

Ss

#9 Posted by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

SS. i loved it !

#10 Edited by BlueHope (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

Suicide squad was a fun movie and the best DCEU one yet,but still is very avarege 5,5/10

Civil war in the other hand was pretty good 7,5/10

#11 Edited by comicace3 (12354 posts) - - Show Bio

CW was better. But both were okay.

#12 Posted by Killermovies (819 posts) - - Show Bio

So it begins

#13 Posted by MAZAHS117 (9796 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War was the better film

#14 Posted by Noone1996 (6352 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this even a question...?

Rotten Tomatoes has this trainwreck at 27% and other reviewers aren't being that much more generous.

There are individual scenes from Civil War that outshine the entire Suicide Squad movie.

Avatar image for transformers1024
#15 Posted by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War

#16 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#17 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2690 posts) - - Show Bio

CW

#18 Posted by Ice-Breaker (274 posts) - - Show Bio

civil war by miles and miles... deadshot was great though...eh yeah

#19 Posted by minorincon32 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised I'm seeing "both were great" or "civil war was ok". Opinions are opinions but I thought civil war was generally loved. Just surprised.

Personally I say civil war trumps squad by a mile. Only thing better about squad was some of the sets felt more theatrical. Idk how to put this but basically where (the squad were when they all formed a shield around Flagg) was a more interesting looking environment than the empty airport. The action, however, was not.

#20 Posted by Cregan_Stark (4909 posts) - - Show Bio

CW was a superior movie

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
#21 Posted by deactivated-5a0c8d423f980 (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War and I don't hesitate to say I disliked Suicide Squad

#22 Posted by tiraomoz (945 posts) - - Show Bio

SS was ok for me but CW downright stomps it no debate.

#23 Posted by DemFeetTho (330 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO!! at the DC wanking. Comicvine has the greatest DC wanking of ANY comic site i frequent.

#24 Posted by Ashrym (2543 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War felt too forced and rushed with over-emphasized reactions at times. Nice fight scenes. Plot was weird in that it was some crazy guy with some complex scheme to get our heroes to fight each other. Wait, what? I've seen that before somewhere..... :-D

I did enjoy Suicide Squad quite a bit more. My daughter went with her friends last night when she thought it might be slower, said the theater was still packed, and they all came back saying they loved it too. It's hard to call it DC wank considering she didn't like BvS and is a huge MCU fan.

Liking something isn't DC wanking, obviously. If a certain group of people feel insecure about people liking a DC film it makes a person wonder why another person having a different opinion bothers them so much.

Seriously, CW had the villain plan on Tony Stark arriving at just that time to see the video? Please, that's beyond suspending disbelief, even for fans of the movie. I like both. I Iiked Suicide Squad better. If that fact that it's a DC film bothers some people, well I guess that'll pass eventually.

#25 Posted by Ice-Breaker (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym said:

Seriously, CW had the villain plan on Tony Stark arriving at just that time to see the video? Please, that's beyond suspending disbelief, even for fans of the movie. I like both. I Iiked Suicide Squad better. If that fact that it's a DC film bothers some people, well I guess that'll pass eventually.

his plan was to show ironman the video , doesnt matter how, he could've :
a. leaked it on the net
b. just left it in the bunker, both cap and bucky know where he was and cap already tried to tell ironman earlier. zemo gave cap credibilty when he purposefully called for room service knowing that they would find the fake bucky mask and dead interrogator in his room. ironman would still see this in the news via friday.

it was a smart play considering bucky escaped his mind control earlier and would likely tell his allies that he found the man who framed him and he knew where he was going.

the fact that tony showed up when he did was one of many out comes,the directors gave us the most entertaining and conflicted one.

#26 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (13515 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War in a massive stomp

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#27 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War, for being better in every category.

#28 Posted by MonsterStomp (35367 posts) - - Show Bio

There are individual scenes from Civil War that outshine the entire Suicide Squad movie.

That's an exaggeration.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#29 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't fair in the slightest. SS was a traiwreck and CW was a great CBM. There is no debate. The poll says it all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#30 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#31 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15248 posts) - - Show Bio

Suicide Squad gets stomped by Civil War after pouring whiskey from it's kidney onto SS. Civil War is a masterpiece, Suicide Squad is one of the most poorly put together and muddled things I've seen in ages. One of the only movies in years where I was in awe at how bad the movie was.

#32 Posted by BruceRogers (11564 posts) - - Show Bio

Suicide Squad gets stomped by Civil War after pouring whiskey from it's kidney onto SS. Civil War is a masterpiece, Suicide Squad is one of the most poorly put together and muddled things I've seen in ages. One of the only movies in years where I was in awe at how bad the movie was.

Sarcasm?

#33 Posted by BruceRogers (11564 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil war for me. But SS was much better than I expected and I really enjoyed it. Wasn't too happy with the Joker though.

#34 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15248 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey said:

Sarcasm?

Nope. Read my comment history if you wish to verify but I'm not using the lowest form of wit at the moment.

#35 Posted by soldierofel (2577 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed suicide squad... But Civil War was one of the greatest CBM's I've ever seen. In fact, I'd say it was the greatest I've ever seen. The fact that people have to lowball it as much as possible shows how good it was. It reminds me of people say The Last of Us is overrated or average when it's one of gamings greatest achievements story wise. CW was the superior film and easily the best CBM this year.

#36 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15248 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed suicide squad... But Civil War was one of the greatest CBM's I've ever seen. In fact, I'd say it was the greatest I've ever seen. The fact that people have to lowball it as much as possible shows how good it was. It reminds me of people say The Last of Us is overrated or average when it's one of gamings greatest achievements story wise. CW was the superior film and easily the best CBM this year.

Thank you for saying this. Took the words right out of my mouth. Civil War is not only one of the best superhero films ever made, it is THE best I've ever seen (contested only possibly by The Dark Knight), and the best movie I've seen the entire year, and instantly in my Top 5 movies of all time. Might sound like I love this film intensely, yeah, I do.

I totally agree with the low-balling thing too.

High-5!

Avatar image for green_ballerina
#37 Posted by Green_Ballerina (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War... sweet sweet Civil War... I LOVED IT!!!

#38 Posted by soldierofel (2577 posts) - - Show Bio

@soldierofel said:

Thank you for saying this. Took the words right out of my mouth. Civil War is not only one of the best superhero films ever made, it is THE best I've ever seen (contested only possibly by The Dark Knight), and the best movie I've seen the entire year, and instantly in my Top 5 movies of all time. Might sound like I love this film intensely, yeah, I do.

High-5!

I got your back, buddy!
I got your back, buddy!

#39 Posted by Noone1996 (6352 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: It really isn't. Suicide Squad was super mediocre.

#40 Posted by Farkam (10529 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War.

Suicide Squad was garbage as expected for a DCEU film.

#41 Posted by MonsterStomp (35367 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: What scene can top the whole movie then?

#42 Posted by Rag_man (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch. Civil War exceeds SS in pretty much every way: story, plot development, writing, acting, and pacing.

Having said all that I did enjoy SS, it floundered abit in that 3rd act which did little to help it.

#43 Posted by Noone1996 (6352 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: The airport scene and the end fight with Bucky, Cap, and Tony easily outshined that entire film.

#44 Posted by MonsterStomp (35367 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: You're going to have to explain that..

#45 Posted by Nerevarine_11 (9699 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Civil War.

Suicide Squad was garbage as expected for a DCEU film.

#46 Posted by Crafter (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War.

#48 Posted by TheSuperor (5349 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked SS, but Civil War was miles better

#49 Edited by Ice-Breaker (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

High-5!

I got your back, buddy!
I got your back, buddy!
100%agree
100%agree

Preach! Its my #1 favorite of all time, can't see it enough, loved the story, action and character driven scenes to death. SS can't hold a candle to it.

#50 Posted by Anna_Karenina (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

CW was better. But both were okay.