Cap makes the AP wire news..as expected.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

NEW YORK – Captain America is rising from the grave.

The Marvel Comics superhero returns for the five-part series "Captain America Reborn," beginning July 1.

But Marvel won't disclose how he rises from the dead. Executive Editor Tom Brevoort teases that the character has been "on a Vonnegut-esque metaphysical journey," including some soul-searching about his place in the world.

"He hasn't just been lying in a cold grave for these many months," Brevoort says. "While he seems to be dead, his mind and his spirit" are active elsewhere.

Captain America, the superhero alter ego of Steve Rogers, was apparently shot and killed two years ago on the steps of a courthouse in lower Manhattan. He was buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Rogers' sidekick Bucky Barnes took his place, continuing the series. Brevoort says Barnes will embark on a quest to revive Rogers after tracking down what reallyhappened to him.

"There's definitely a question that must arise, which is `Can there be more than one Captain America?'" says Brevoort. "And if not, even if there can't, what does this mean for Bucky? Where does he fit in the world now?"

According to Brevoort, some Bucky fans are none too pleased.

"Right this second, it's kind of a split," he says. "When Steve was first killed, there was great outcry. But then as Bucky has taken over as Cap, and has sort of struggled to fill those big shoes, a lot of our readers have really taken to him as a character."

He says Marvel planned to bring back Rogers in one shape or form and, given the general mood of the country, the timing seemed right to resurrect one of the comic book empire's most patriotic icons.

"It feels like there's a desire for hopefulness," he says. "A desire for heroes and for somebody to show us that we can be our better selves, and to help pull us all up by our bootstraps and get out of the situations that we find ourselves in." 

Just wanted to post it because anytime comic book news makes national headlines,  it's just neat to me, that's all.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

As I stated earlier today I don't want to look forward to this, because I don't want to be let down. But I am so looking forward to this I can't wait and July is the best time for the rebirth.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The Psyentist

Yeah, the predictableness of the situation makes it seem like it's going to be a let down. But I'm happy to see Cap back. And I hope it turns out well.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
Decept-O said:
– NEW YORK – Captain America is rising from the grave. The Marvel Comics superhero returns for the five-part series ... [more]
Where did you get that image?
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Decept-O

I agree, and I am even a bit jaded concerning this whole story line and all, don't know if I will even care when all is explained BUT I love Steve Rogers as Captain America. 

Just as G-Man poined out and as I've said, Cap is the man. He's the natural born leader, the one who has trained countless super heroes, Avengers, etc. and his morals and personality are what I like about the character, even if he isn't very powerful.  Still, he's handled the Hulk, knocked him on his ass, went up against Thanos and defeated him.  Glad he will return.