Can you see Wolverine being portrayed as a short man in future films?

KingofBBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KingofBBC

Wolverine actual height is 5'3 which means he is 3 inches shorter than the average american woman. While Hugh Jackman height is 6'3 which is an entire foot taller than wolverine's comic height. As we know, Hugh Jackman (much like Robert Downey Jr.) has been regarded as the one actor, that people associate with when they think about Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

However, Hugh Jackman has retired from the role and his last appearance as the character was in Logan. If wolverine had to be recast could u see him being portrayed by a short man or has Hugh affected the role so much that you can only see him being over 6'0 now?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

I definitely think Feige will make him short.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Disney buys the rights.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

If Disney buys the rights.

Disney bought Fox.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Really?? What does this mean for X-Men? You think Dark Phoenix is the last movie not MCU?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think height is a semi secondary consideration when doing the casting. It could easily happen that we'll get a Logan under 5-9 though since most actors actually are pretty short. Tom Hardy for instance I think is about 5-9.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spambot

@rabumalal said:

@rogueshadow: Really?? What does this mean for X-Men? You think Dark Phoenix is the last movie not MCU?

Most likely if they allow DP to finish filming. Deadpool2 should also most likely remain as it was intended and then there will be some tough decisions.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think that the films that are already in post will get made and then the rest will be scrapped. Dark Phoenix will probably get released or they're just flushing money away. I imagine Disney will let the 2018 films play out and then end it from there.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Maybe.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think the height is that big of a deal, but they aren't getting someone who is 5'3 to play him that would look weird in live action I don't think people would take them seriously lol maybe they'll get someone under 5'10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never thought ppl acct cared bout his height.

I don't think the height is that big of a deal, but they aren't getting someone who is 5'3 to play him that would look weird in live action I don't think people would take them seriously lol maybe they'll get someone under 5'10.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never thought ppl acct cared bout his height.

@thorthunder98 said:

I hardly notice his height in the comics either tbh

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he should be.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah. Actor Aaron Paul should play the new wolverine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think it matters much, but I always loved the idea that Wolverine is shorter than me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

Na, son. Na.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I see a possibility of Hugh Jackman returning

KingofBBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

I think height is a semi secondary consideration when doing the casting. It could easily happen that we'll get a Logan under 5-9 though since most actors actually are pretty short. Tom Hardy for instance I think is about 5-9.

Height is kind of secondary but is still very much important. The reason for giving wolverine a tall height initially was because it would look rather unmasculine if the leading male were shorter than most females in the cast or had to look up towards every opponent/male he encountered.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Height is kind of secondary but is still very much important. The reason for giving wolverine a tall height initially was because it would look rather unmasculine if the leading male were shorter than most females in the cast or had to look up towards every opponent/male he encountered.

Its more important to some than others. I think most casual fans prob don't realize he is meant to be very short which would be something only comic fans would consider important to his casting. Feige and the mcu will prob be more open to having a comic friendly Logan than Fox was partly because of not wanting it to be the Wolverine show all over again when they reboot the franchises. So having a shorter Wolverine who isn't always front and center and which allows other characters to be more prominent could easily be something Disney is more comfortable with than Fox was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Jackman had to get p to about 215.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him to be somewhat short and extra thicc. I can’t wait to see who they cast if he ever is featured in a MCU film.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think it would be a smart move to seperate the new actor from Jackmans iconic potrayal. Many people grew up with him as Wolverine, so they should focus on aspects of the character the movies had not displayed that much so far to make him totally different.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@spambot said:

Tom hardy as Wolverine, after Bane and Venom? I am sold

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a possibility of Hugh Jackman returning

I doubt it, he's 49 now and the X-Men likely won't appear in the mcu till like 2021 earliest imo so he'd be like 53 then bit too old to be playing him I think.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They won't find a 5'3 actor it would look ridiculous in live action

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There aren't that many 5'3 men to begin with, let alone actors. Maybe someone around 5'5-5'8 (though 5'8 is only like 2 inches below the average American male)? Sure, but not someone who's only 5'3.

KingofBBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There aren't that many 5'3 men to begin with, let alone actors. Maybe someone around 5'5-5'8 (though 5'8 is only like 2 inches below the average American male)? Sure, but not someone who's only 5'3.

The average american male is 5'9.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:

The average american male is 5'9.

OMG! An inchdifference!!!!!!!!!!!

-_-

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Tom hardy as Wolverine, after Bane and Venom? I am sold

Would he play Venom if Feige offered him Wolverine though is the question.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

I still like Kit Harington for the role (5'7"), most people don't seem to like that idea though.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can have someone who's 5'8-5'9" and use camera angles to make him look shorter.

Howlett8503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Howlett8503

@kingofbbc: "unmasculine if the leading male were shorter than most females in the cast or had to look up towards every opponent/male he encountered".. tell that to Mike Tyson. He was shorter than EVERY opponent he fought and knocked almost all of them out!!

I agree with a shorter wolverine. His height is instilled in his comic character. He demonstrates the circumstance of the Little boat that could. Or old cliche sayings "it's not the size of the dog in a fight but the size of the fight in the dog".

His size only emphasizes his badassery when he takes on others who make him look like a hobbit and comes out in top.

Opponents will over look and pick on him because of his height only to be sorely slapped with a reality check. It's quite comical to see him remind the taller/bigger foes and allies they are not so special just because they are a few inches taller than others.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're never going to have him that short, maybe short for a Superhero (6' or just under) but no way is he going to be near 5'3.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah, he’s never gonna be that short...it’s not ideal in the minds of GA. Honestly they would be confused and put off now by a runt playing Wolverine...

RIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RIX

I really want to see the MCU's Wolverine debut in a Hulk movie, and him being a short guy against the freaking Hulk would be even better.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Doubt they are going to make him that short.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No and why should they

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Too much thought into this. The fact that he's short is not important. I'd say if they do try to include it get someone 5'7 at most and make the rest of your male cast 5'9 and above.

CrazedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers