• 53 results
Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
#1 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Yo can you guys chill-out, You guys are already jumping the gun based off RT which gave Season 4 of Arrow 100%. You guys need think for yourself and wait for the movie come out just wait the hype isn't going be dead until friday.

Also stop trying ban RT because they gave there opinion, If guys have minds of your own you would just wait until it comes out the we don't know what the movie is going be like for all we know some of RT critics could be lying or could be there straight opinions about how it felt.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#2 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking for yourself? Not blindly following random people's opinions? Actually seeing a movie for yourself with a clean slate? What is this? Logic? No, my good sir, this is the internet, where we must be sheep!

#3 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

I am enjoying the chorus of butthurt tbh.

#4 Edited by Black_Arrow (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

Look I don't think that there is anybody doubting that but It's not about that, people usually look at reviews to decide if they want to see the movie. If it gets bad reputation they won't waste their money on it, everybody here are Comic book fans and I am pretty sure that most of us will check the movie regardless what the critic's said but normal people don't do that unless they have a good reason to do it. With normal movies, I do check the reviews to see if they are good or bad because I am not invested in those franchises.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#5 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

#6 Edited by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow season 4 got that 100% rating based off of 11... ELEVEN reviews, of primarily the first few episodes.

The vast majority of the time Rotten Tomatoes compiles the reviews of far more critics to garner a rating for a given show or film. Arrow Season 4 is an anomaly because not that many people gave a damn enough to review it at all, and no one did after the first few episodes. It's not like Game of Thrones where major publications are weighing in with a major review of every single episode.

I wanna see the movie too. I think these reviews are likely indicative of a lackluster film, but I'm going anyway. Screw it. I still blame Warner Brothers for all this.

@staticdwanyemcduffie said:

No Caption Provided

Yo can you guys chill-out, You guys are already jumping the gun based off RT which gave Season 4 of Arrow 100%. You guys need think for yourself and wait for the movie come out just wait the hype isn't going be dead until friday.

Also stop trying ban RT because they gave there opinion, If guys have minds of your own you would just wait until it comes out the we don't know what the movie is going be like for all we know some of RT critics could be lying or could be there straight opinions about how it felt.

#7 Edited by the_stegman (40245 posts) - - Show Bio

TAKE YOUR LOGIC AND SHOVE IT!

SS SUCKS, I KNOW IT CAUSE OTHERS THINK IT!

DCEU DOA!

EITHER THAT, OR DISNEY PAID CRITICS

BAN RT

I DON'T NEED TO SEE SOMETHING TO KNOW SOMETHING!

#8 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what people on here are moaning over, people are only displaying disappointment, dozens of people saying a movie is bad isn't a good thing no matter how you want to slice it, everybody on this site is going to see it anyway, I doubt any of us nerds are going to flip the table and refuse to watch it based on this information, but becoming hesitant when a bunch of people say something is bad and recognising the possibility that they are right hardly makes somebody a sheep.

It's the general population that this will impact, not the fanboy. They aren't sheep either, they just don't give a sh*t like we do. People are spending their money on these films, they don't read comics, they don't obsessively post on internet forums about comic-books and their adaptations, so if the chances of it being good drops by even 10%, then they might decide not to bother taking the risk of spending £20 on it and wait to see what people they know think about it instead of going to watch it opening weekend.

#9 Posted by Helicoprion (3557 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

#10 Posted by TheKinfing (11793 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking for yourself? Not blindly following random people's opinions? Actually seeing a movie for yourself with a clean slate? What is this? Logic? No, my good sir, this is the internet, where we must be sheep!

#11 Posted by AkshSarpanch (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

Americans are stupid. So they will blindly follow RT just like they following Trump.

GG America. It was real fun to see you die from inside.

#12 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

Americans are stupid. So they will blindly follow RT just like they following Trump.

#13 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

@akshsarpanch said:

I think worse part is I am Amercian I agree with this

#14 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@staticdwanyemcduffie: I don't see what that user's comment had anything to do with the topic at hand, but okay.

#15 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

@staticdwanyemcduffie: I don't see what that user's comment had anything to do with the topic at hand, but okay.

Well he was talking about people blindly following RT just like Trump but it's ok if you don't understand

#16 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

Well he was talking about people blindly following RT just like Trump but it's ok if you don't understand

Okie dokie

#17 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

CBMs are cancer. They have given RT more publicity than needed.

#18 Posted by Lejon (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was was good.

#19 Posted by HDoom16 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner bros owns 30% of rotten tomatoes so I don't think they're purposely shitting on DC lol

#20 Posted by DragonbellZ (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie wasnt that bad

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
#21 Posted by deactivated-5c9535a734784 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio
Don't mind me, I'm just here for the popcorn.
Don't mind me, I'm just here for the popcorn.

#22 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

From a review standpoint im seeing mixed reviews. Its either people hated it or people enjoyed it.

So im just gonna go see for myself.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#23 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:
@akshsarpanch said:

I think worse part is I am Amercian I agree with this

Lmao.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#24 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

What the shit is this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#25 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoy spending money on every single movie that comes out! :D

#26 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:

I will, because 8 bucks is nothing to me :)

#27 Posted by Jgames (8192 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree that people are over reacting about the rating before even seeing the movie.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
#28 Posted by TheCapedDetective (557 posts) - - Show Bio

People who don't like their anticipated movies getting bad reviews should simply prefer forming their own opinion on it instead of crying like a man-baby.

#29 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Think? On Comic Vine?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#30 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

As an American, I don't know of any person in my life that blindly follows RT (well...Russia Today yes, Rotten Tomatoes no..). Usually the types that are that gullible are the types that don't even know Rotten Tomatoes exist.

#31 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio

It's absolutely amusing to see people flip the switch after a few reviews come out, from people they don't even know! Ha!

#32 Posted by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

It's absolutely amusing to see people flip the switch after a few reviews come out, from people they don't even know! Ha!

I think people are seeing a poor RT score, fear the film might be a major letdown, and are noting their concerns for the future of the DCEU here on the forums.

#33 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawz said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

I think people are seeing a poor RT score, fear the film might be a major letdown, and are noting their concerns for the future of the DCEU here on the forums.

That reasoning falls apart when you realize these SAME PEOPLE were drooling over SS squad, calling it the "savior of the DCEU", and thinking it would be a masterpiece before they even saw the movie.

All this shows me is how easily comic fan's (and people in general) opinions are EASILY swayed. You show them a nice trailer, they think it'll be the next big thing. You show them a few bad reviews from random people they don't know, now they think it's gonna be the next Catwoman.

I swear, you guys (not saying you in particular, just in general) are some of the most easily led, and most gullable people I have ever seen.

#34 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawz said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

That reasoning falls apart when you realize these SAME PEOPLE were drooling over SS squad, calling it the "savior of the DCEU", and thinking it would be a masterpiece before they even saw the movie.

All this shows me is how easily comic fan's (and people in general) opinions are EASILY swayed. You show them a nice trailer, they think it'll be the next big thing. You show them a few bad reviews from random people they don't know, now they think it's gonna be the next Catwoman.

I swear, you guys (not saying you in particular, just in general) are some of the most easily led, and most gullable people I have ever seen.

#35 Posted by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawz said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

I don't think there's anything dramatically illogical about putting stock into a Rotten Tomatoes score. You said it yourself, it's not just one film critic that has panned the film. Rather, a cumulative average of 75 different people who are paid to give their professional opinion on films has resulted in the majority not enjoying the movie.

You arrive at an amusement park, and the brief glimpses of rides you saw from a distance had you excited.

However, upon arrival, most people leaving the amusement park are telling you it's not that great. About 1/3 of the folks leaving the gate say they had a good time but it wasn't anything stellar.

Your expectations would be tempered, irregardless of the fact that you don't actually know any of the people on their way out of the amusement park.

Should people go see the film for themselves? Sure. But you can't fault them for being disappointed by the initial reviews.

#36 Posted by GODKINGTHOR (188 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawz said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@lawz said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

I don't think there's anything dramatically illogical about putting stock into a Rotten Tomatoes score. You said it yourself, it's not just one film critic that has panned the film. Rather, a cumulative average of 75 different people who are paid to give their professional opinion on films has resulted in the majority not enjoying the movie.

You arrive at an amusement park, and the brief glimpses of rides you saw from a distance had you excited.

However, upon arrival, most people leaving the amusement park are telling you it's not that great. About 1/3 of the folks leaving the gate say they had a good time but it wasn't anything stellar.

Your expectations would be tempered, irregardless of the fact that you don't actually know any of the people on their way out of the amusement park.

Should people go see the film for themselves? Sure. But you can't fault them for being disappointed by the initial reviews.

My expectations wouldn't be tempered, because I don't go into movies expecting anything. I relatively go into movies with a blank slate. I avoid all reviews and anyone who has seen the movie (I stopped visiting CV for a month until I saw AoU). Why? Because I see a movie for myself, and I don't want anyone's perception of the film affecting my own. Furthermore, even if someone does give me their input, I'll just ignore it because I don't even know these people.

Which brings up another problem: people put too much stock into trailers. Trailers are meant to get you interested in a film. They're not made so you can judge a film's quality before you even see it. Too many times I see "This movie willbe awesome", or "This movie will be flop and willbe trash". These people have already made up their mind about the movie's quality, but at the same time will completely flip around and not even give a movie a try because a bunch of random people said it was bad. Not even random people, but FILM CRITICS, and if history has told us anything (Shoot, all you have to do is look back 2 months at X-Men and 3.5 months after that at BvS), critical reception doesn't always align with fan reception.

I might take into consideration the opinion of my friend who's into comic books, not a bunch of random, snotty critics who know nothing of the genre, and who's measuring stick is whatever the MCU does.

#38 Posted by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawz said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@lawz said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

My expectations wouldn't be tempered, because I don't go into movies expecting anything. I relatively go into movies with a blank slate. I avoid all reviews and anyone who has seen the movie (I stopped visiting CV for a month until I saw AoU). Why? Because I see a movie for myself, and I don't want anyone's perception of the film affecting my own. Furthermore, even if someone does give me their input, I'll just ignore it because I don't even know these people.

Which brings up another problem: people put too much stock into trailers. Trailers are meant to get you interested in a film. They're not made so you can judge a film's quality before you even see it. Too many times I see "This movie willbe awesome", or "This movie will be flop and willbe trash". These people have already made up their mind about the movie's quality, but at the same time will completely flip around and not even give a movie a try because a bunch of random people said it was bad. Not even random people, but FILM CRITICS, and if history has told us anything (Shoot, all you have to do is look back 2 months at X-Men and 3.5 months after that at BvS), critical reception doesn't always align with fan reception.

I might take into consideration the opinion of my friend who's into comic books, not a bunch of random, snotty critics who know nothing of the genre, and who's measuring stick is whatever the MCU does.

If you go into a film with zero expectations then kudos, but that puts you in the minority. The entire film advertising system is designed to get people excited by producing grand expectations.

Much stock is placed into Rotten Tomatoes because critics have no stock in how well a film does. They are the first people who are giving you their thoughts without the intent of getting you to spend money on the film (most of the time.)

Most people don't think there is a grand conspiracy against the DCEU (not saying you do think that). Most people take a cumulative average of critic ratings as a general indication on the quality of a film. That's why you're seeing these forums inundated with concerned fans.

#39 Posted by uugieboogie (13251 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what people on here are moaning over, people are only displaying disappointment, dozens of people saying a movie is bad isn't a good thing no matter how you want to slice it, everybody on this site is going to see it anyway, I doubt any of us nerds are going to flip the table and refuse to watch it based on this information, but becoming hesitant when a bunch of people say something is bad and recognising the possibility that they are right hardly makes somebody a sheep.

It's the general population that this will impact, not the fanboy. They aren't sheep either, they just don't give a sh*t like we do. People are spending their money on these films, they don't read comics, they don't obsessively post on internet forums about comic-books and their adaptations, so if the chances of it being good drops by even 10%, then they might decide not to bother taking the risk of spending £20 on it and wait to see what people they know think about it instead of going to watch it opening weekend.

#40 Posted by StormShadow_X (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

Think for myself?

How Unorthodox

#41 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

Think for myself?

How Unorthodox

I would say suck my farts, But you have Green Lantern Daffy Duck

#42 Posted by kgb725 (19245 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

8 bucks??!! I freaking wish!

#45 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

Even if it was 15 bucks (Wherever you guys live), it wouldn't be a problem.

#46 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

Maybe for you, but people have a choice where to spend their hard-earned money. If everyone's saying it's crap and someone decides not to go see it, that's not being a sheep. That's making an informed decision based on the buzz around the film a.k.a the only indicator of quality they have without paying to see the thing.

What you're trying to advocate is like a schoolyard bully saying "Eat this worm or you're chicken!' No, I'm not chicken, but I'm also not stupid enough to eat that worm just because you told me to.

#47 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@akshsarpanch: hmm as if america could ever die from 1, likely 1 term president. We will still be better than yall :).

#48 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11675 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

Maybe for you, but people have a choice where to spend their hard-earned money. If everyone's saying it's crap and someone decides not to go see it, that's not being a sheep. That's making an informed decision based on the buzz around the film a.k.a the only indicator of quality they have without paying to see the thing.

What you're trying to advocate is like a schoolyard bully saying "Eat this worm or you're chicken!' No, I'm not chicken, but I'm also not stupid enough to eat that worm just because you told me to.

We get 5 CBMs a year (typically 2 from Marvel, 2 from DC, and another from Fox). The average movie ticket price is $8.43. So, over the span of 12 months, you're spending $42.15. In a year. I'm sorry, but if you can't afford that, then you need to take a hard look at your finances.

Plus, there are other alternatives; many Cinemas slash their prices for showings before 6. Most Tinseltown cinemas have ticket prices as low as $5.25 before the evening.

Mind you, I am by no means ballin' with cash. I'm as broke as ANYONE on this site, probably even more. However, if you're telling me, you can't spend 5-9 bucks on a ticket, then I don't know what to say.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#49 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging from the amount of errors in that response, you shouldn't go around calling anyone stupid.

#50 Edited by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

We get 5 CBMs a year (typically 2 from Marvel, 2 from DC, and another from Fox). The average movie ticket price is $8.43. So, over the span of 12 months, you're spending $42.15. In a year. I'm sorry, but if you can't afford that, then you need to take a hard look at your finances.

Plus, there are other alternatives; many Cinemas slash their prices for showings before 6. Most Tinseltown cinemas have ticket prices as low as $5.25 before the evening.

Mind you, I am by no means ballin' with cash. I'm as broke as ANYONE on this site, probably even more. However, if you're telling me, you can't spend 5-9 bucks on a ticket, then I don't know what to say.

I'm not even referring to myself so much as I'm referring to anyone else. I'm still gonna see it, but I genuinely can't get mad at anyone who decides not to because they see which way the wind is blowing.

And you do realize the general audience (and myself) doesn't care about supporting the CBM genre, right? All people care about is whether a movie is good or bad. And if everyone's saying it's bad, surprise surprise, they don't see a reason to go spend money on it. It's not about "Oh, we only get around 6 of these a year, let me buy a ticket." It's "Dang, well if this sucks, I'll find something better to do with my time."

And for the record, it's more around $13-14 where I live.