Can Thor destroy a city?

• 125 results
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Thor destroy a city? (104 votes)

Yes, easily 49%
Maybe 15%
No, he's still too weak 36%

Thor's "city busting" feat from AOU was shot down by most viners as being "inaccurate". I personally believe that Thor could have caused the entire city to crack open with his strike (as said by Friday)

Tony: I could get Thor to hit it

Friday: It will crack. That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating.

However, Thor couldn't totally vaporize the city without the heat seal. What the heat seal was meant to do was "get the atomic action doubling back". Hence, all of this WAS Thor's power to begin with, but his power would basically be doubled to vaporize the city instead of just cracking/destroying it. Now, that being said, what do you think? Thor has amassed quite a few more feats since AOU, but is it enough?

• 
rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@organic said:

@rajjarsalt:

Tony: It's part vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it....

Thors charged lightening CRacked a sphere not 100 composed of vibranium. " Part Vibranium"

Guess his lightening is wanked as well

Repeated ligjtening did nada to zods ship

Go.cry more mcu wanker.

No cracks on the vibranium seen

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

Why lie mcu wanker?

Its never shown thors charged lightening hitting the partial vib sphere

We dont know where the lighting Cracked the partial vib sphere

Drill= childten novel which is directly contradicted by aou= fecal headcanon

Go.cry wanker

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@organic said:

@rajjarsalt:

Why lie mcu wanker?

Its never shown thors charged lightening hitting the partial vib sphere

We dont know where the lighting Cracked the partial vib sphere

Drill= childten novel which is directly contradicted by aou= fecal headcanon

Go.cry wanker

Spider-Man lifted top of spire in Homecoming and it was fine

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 cocacolaman  Moderator

He has the AP but not the range

Pr03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aren't most marvel characters universal or shit?

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

And?

Crack

a line on the surface of something along which it has split without breaking into separate parts.

Go cry mcu wanker

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 takenstew22  Moderator

@pr03 said:

aren't most marvel characters universal or shit?

If you only care about wanking them.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

He can crack the vibranium spire.. clearly stated by friday.

So he can do that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He clearly needed to crack the spire to blow up Sokovia, in no way can he normally do it without prep. Over time, though, is a different story, just like Superman and Hulk.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would still make Thor city level since the explosion did no damage to the vibranium (if we're saying that is what Friday meant and not the entire landmass).

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@angeliccry said:

He clearly needed to crack the spire to blow up Sokovia, in no way can he normally do it without prep. Over time, though, is a different story, just like Superman and Hulk.

Friday says Thor would crack a spire of vibranium and not completely destroy the city ... then Ironman said if I create a heat seal, and Friday says that might work.

So without Ironmans help Thor can crack a giant spire of vibranium, with the heat seal the energy busts the city into pieces small enough to not harm the people below.

I think the OP is asking about fridays statement of Thor vs Vibranium without the heat seal.

No Caption Provided

Friday says it will crack but that’s not enough .. the impact will still be devastating.. Thor can crack it on his own, but it would still rain down pieces that would be devastating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: How does cracking the spire equate to destroying a full city? How big was the crack? How durable is vibranium?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@angeliccry:

I don’t think he can destroy the full city, at least not like him and IM did to where it was not raining down devastating debris... and I think that’s what the OP is saying.. that Thor alone is below what Thor and IM did.

There are lots of ways to look at vibranium, if you’d like we can assume it’s only as strong as the strongest IRL steel.. and even with that lowball it’s still a insane feat.

——

I think maybe we agree but are talking about different things.

Are you asking if a spire of steel that big was buried in the center of a regular city and Thor hits it if there will be destruction all the way to the edge of the city?? Idk probably some earthquake type stuff but that’s kinda it.

That’s a kinda spread out energy,.

In terms of concentrated energy??

No Caption Provided

According to the film's SFX Supervisor, ILM's Ben Snow, Sokovia city was approximately 2km wide when flying.

Ye I think cracking a giant spire of even steel would be around city level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: No, i was saying that him cracking the spire isn't a city lvl feat. And cracking a giant steel construct isn't city level as well.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@angeliccry said:

@death4bunnies: No, i was saying that him cracking the spire isn't a city lvl feat. And cracking a giant steel construct isn't city level as well.

I mean its .8 KM of special metal....so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on what constitutes city level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:

@angeliccry said:

I mean its .8 KM of special metal....so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on what constitutes city level.

How much did he crack though? It said he had to heat it up, and plus he isn't destroying it.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies said:

@angeliccry said:

How much did he crack though? It said he had to heat it up, and plus he isn't destroying it.

Are you really just not listening....He didnt crack anything on his own...the OP is asking about Friday saying what would happen if Thor hit it with no heat seal.

How much he would of cracked it is "not enough, the impact would still be devastating"....then Stark says what we cap the other end.

Read the OP or under the spoiler blocks, this is just about what happened without the heat seal.... this is just about what Friday said would of happened without the heat seal, I dont know how you dont get that?

a

No Caption Provided

a

OT: The answer is just what Friday said. He would of cracked it, it wouldnt of been enough, the impact would still be devastating....is cracking it impressive, sure; but it wouldnt of saved the day...thats kinda it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies: No, he can't city bust then

I bet if you read back through this thread, you'll see that I agree he cant bust a city on is own...His hit doesnt have that kinda range... as far a this statement goes I think it's around the energy to mess up a city if that energy was spread out, but clearly it's concentrated energy and not enough to destroy a city in one hit.

Impressive concentrated strikes can be of a higher level then the range of the effect suggests.

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

Thor can crack a spire partially made of vibranium.

The sphere released all the energy. Thors lightrning was the fuse