Can the Flash react to things subconsciously?

Avatar image for homealonefanboy
HomeAloneFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HomeAloneFanboy

So I am arguing with this Flash fan and he said that the Flash can react to things subconsciously. For example if someone tries to kill the Flash in his sleep or in an unconscious state will his body sense the danger and react?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will he react subconsciously? Sure, we all do. Ever touched something hot and instantly pulled your hand away from it? That was a subconscious reaction.

But unconsciously? No, I don't think the speedforce allows him to sense danger when he's not even awake.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By righteous300

@homealonefanboy: Maybe. I remember during the new 52 we learned that if something dangerous touches his skin his body will react to it on its own. I believe it was during Vol. 1 where we learned that his mind was so fast he could run through every possibility in his head. The only problem was that he could get lost in his thoughts going through the infinite possibilites. So during a scene in a warehouse someone shot a bullet at him, and while he was lost in his thoughts the bullet grazed his head. We learn that the pressure of the bullet against his skin, caused his body to react on it's own and move him out the way.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tomkatie

@homealonefanboy: Maybe. I remember during the new 52 we learned that if something dangerous touches his skin his body will react to it on its own. I believe it was during Vol. 1 where we learned that his mind was so fast he could run through every possibility in his head. The only problem was that he could get lost in his thoughts going through the infinite possibilites. So during a scene in a warehouse someone shot a bullet at him, and while he was lost in his thoughts the bullet grazed his head. We learn that the pressure of the bullet against his skin, caused his body to react on it's own and move him out the way.

I think the part where he phased the bullet was more of a reflex than it was unconscious. The same thing that the above user said when we touch a hot plate and move our hand away, the Flash does that but at an insanely faster level. His reflexes allow for him to notice and react to this bullet faster than we can ever imagine.

But it's not the same when he's sleeping or unconscious, as the body won't react the same way. His reaction would be the same when he was sleeping as it would if any other person was sleeping, so he wouldn't be able to just phase through the knife.

Note: I'm a huge Flash fanboy, so it pains me to say this. But yeah, he wouldn't be able to sense danger or react in his sleep.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally was watching a movie and he felt the bullet on his neck and his mind automatically sped up so he could react and stop it. He then proceeded to stay in superspeed mode and catch the others.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashes have had exceptional reactions even before New 52. In fact their reaction feats are a large part of what makes them so difficult to fight agains without plot holding them back.