Discuss.

• 
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It's fine. If you don't like it the way it is, you can just choose not to watch it.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's nothing wrong that some slight course corrections can't fix.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'll leave it up in the air as to what I voted for.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Course correct and there you go. It's fine.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes... (but i am not sure in what standards)...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it need "saving" at this point? It's not like any of their movies bombed, and it's clear that RT views aren't enough to stop anything at this point.

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, sadly

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlueHope

No,the three first movies are already critical disasters, it's over, even if the next movies are in MCU lvl it will still have a poor image.

Edit:Thinking again I would say that DCEU could "partially recover" if they start making movies as good as the avarege MCU right in the next movies,still they will have an mixed and polemic reputation like fox and their marvel movies, some would say that they make good movies and some would say that their movies are terrible. But if they fail with wonder woman and Justice League then not even a "fox lvl reputation" will be possible, people will call their good movies a exception to the rule and profits will probably only decline.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine. If you don't like it the way it is, you can just choose not to watch it.

@kiba said:

Does it need "saving" at this point? It's not like any of their movies bombed, and it's clear that RT views aren't enough to stop anything at this point.

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Of course and it seems that perhaps it might be happening, given that Geoff Johns is helping out now. Zack Snyder isn't a bad director but his works do need a little more polish generally and I think Johns is a good person to help with that superhero-wise.

Keep in mind that none of the 3 movies released so far have been completely devoid of quality or anything good in them and that the biggest problem so far is WB over-interfering with the movies because they want to catch up with Marvel. We still have Wonder Woman and Justice League coming out so there is still hope. And mind you that the MCU was not declared a failure after The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 turned out to just be average movies so I don't think it's fair to do the same to the DCEU after about the same number of movies.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Let's wait and see what happens with Wonder Woman and Justice League. If those two movies are on par with the trash DCEU put out this year, then we can sound the alarms.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the business they are doing on box office, they are in literally no trouble.

man_thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Considering the business they are doing on box office, they are in literally no trouble.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's early enough in the franchise that it could be saved with better directing. I think they need to take the focus off of the Suicide Squad spin-offs, focus on developing the JL members, and go from there. Maybe stop trying to fit multiple story arcs into one film, too. That makes it feel too rushed, ie: BvS being TDKR and Death of Superman while teasing Jason Todd and Darkseid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's a mass murderering psychopath, Superman doesn't believe men are good, lets innocent people die and died out of stupidity, Joker loves Harley and rants about beef, Croc is a gangster stereotype, Flash is a hobo, Lex Luthor is a Willy Wonka manbaby and the League's logos come from him, Cyborg is a bad Bionicle, etc.

It's over. Even if Wonder Woman's good, all this other crap still happened and is still part of the universe. Reboot! Get rid of it!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

Of course and it seems that perhaps it might be happening, given that Geoff Johns is helping out now. Zack Snyder isn't a bad director but his works do need a little more polish generally and I think Johns is a good person to help with that superhero-wise.

Keep in mind that none of the 3 movies released so far have been completely devoid of quality or anything good in them and that the biggest problem so far is WB over-interfering with the movies because they want to catch up with Marvel. We still have Wonder Woman and Justice League coming out so there is still hope. And mind you that the MCU was not declared a failure after The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 turned out to just be average movies so I don't think it's fair to do the same to the DCEU after about the same number of movies.

Completely disagreed. Geoff Johns ruined The Flash CW show and Zack Snyder is a horrible, horrible director. I'd go as far as to say that the previous 3 DCEU movies had no objective positives to them. Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk were average sure, but Iron Man 2 did well enough for what it was and both movies are significantly above any of the DCEU films. No contest at all.

Batman's a mass murderering psychopath, Superman doesn't believe men are good, lets innocent people die and died out of stupidity, Joker loves Harley and rants about beef, Croc is a gangster stereotype, Flash is a hobo, Lex Luthor is a Willy Wonka manbaby and the League's logos come from him, Cyborg is a bad Bionicle, etc.

It's over. Even if Wonder Woman's good, all this other crap still happened and is still part of the universe. Reboot! Get rid of it!

Agreed. The DCEU can't be saved in my eyes. Burn it with fire.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@jaycool2 said:
@outside_85 said:

@kiba said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@rbt said:

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews and word of mouth effect sequels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am i the only one who's noticed that dc is doing great in comics but bad in movies and tv and the reverse is true for marvel?

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:
@outside_85 said:

@kiba said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@rbt said:

BvS was arguably a financial failure and all the movies besides Suicide Squad performed way below expectations.

@jaycool2 said:

Am i the only one who's noticed that dc is doing great in comics but bad in movies and tv and the reverse is true for marvel?

Marvel is outselling DC in terms of comics, but yeah, I agree. Marvel comics are garbage now, but their movies and tv shows are way better than DC's.

@kiba said:

@knightsofdarkness2: how did Johns ruin Flash?

He turned it into a shitty tween drama. CW shows are trash anyway.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

For me, I don't think it's worth the effort to save it. There aren't any characters or plots in the universe that I care about, and some I completely dislike.

Building a shared universe like Marvel has done, has got to be a very difficult task. Marvel made us love their characters, before there was much interaction between them. Only small sips of a shared universe were teased, to remind us of what's to come, and they took their time creating quakity solo films before delivering on what we were all craving by the time Avengers came out. The first Avengers movie was such an unreal experience when it first came out. It's no big deal now, but what Marvel created at that time blew us all away.

DC just doesn't have a formula down yet. They've screwed up on every level, and have done more re-shoots and re-writes that happen too late in the process to save them. They have established a universe, but what they've established is a mess, a very non-appealing mess at that too.

Does anyone really care if Batman ever is on-screen again with Superman in the DCEU? That's the one team-up everyone's wanted forever They could have made a million Batman/Superman movies, and people would throw all of their money at it, if only they hadn't screwed up so bad. Now, I honestly don't care if they ever meet again, or really any other character from the DCEU. Does anyone care if the suicide squad meets up with anyone? I don't. That movie wasn't bad, but it would not mix well with the established roles of Batman and Superman.

DCEU needs a reboot. Make it last 10 years of solid movies, with some sort of well laid out plan, before ever mashing the two most iconic heroes of all time into another stinker.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CaptainSalt

No. The DCCU is done.

If you can't see how much trouble the DCCU is in your kidding yourself. There entire film roster is in limbo right now. Anything after JL, previously committed to films are not certain and don't have firm release dates.

Compare that to Marvels films after 2016. There whole roster is planed, dated and definite. Marvel is already filming A:IW and about to start filming BP.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Money>Quality is your logic

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

Both are doing great in sales with the area that they struggle with. That's why they won't stop it. They could improve if they wanted

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Money>Quality is your logic

Or the studios logic?

smh

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well The Batman has been officially revealed to be coming out in 2018 and Tommy Emmerich was just named the new Top Creative Executive at WB so there's your progress right there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

Both are doing great in sales with the area that they struggle with. That's why they won't stop it. They could improve if they wanted

Wait do you think dc is doing better in quality than marvel in terms of comics or are you taking tv and movies

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sly_141

We should stop after JL and reboot in 5-7 years after DC gets their stuff together.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your poll is trash. You put about 4 different ways to say no in it. Which spreads out the no votes so it doesn't look like as many.

It's a joke. I put like a billion no options and one yes option because I obviously dislike the DCEU myself. I don't think it can be saved at all.

If you look at the no options and combine it it's obvious that a lot of people are dissatisfied with the DCEU, also go kil urself m8 how dare u criticise my poll get rekt.

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the films have done good at the box office so if that keeps up then they'll keep on making it.

However if they don't improve the writing, story and overall fix the amount of studio interference then the quality of the films might not sit well critically

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if Wonderwoman turns out to be good, otherwise I think it's done.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By righteous300

@heatforce: Wrecked by autocorrect. Yeah my fault.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, if WW and JL are good yeah, super man is nowhere near as popular as he once was and batman will always be liked regardless. If they could establish the rest of their characters right (WW, aquaman, flash, cyborg etc.) then no one is going to give a damn about superman except his fanboys and batman always is good no matter what (especially with affleck)

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There have only been three movies people....c'mon.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It needs saving?

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I don't after the first movie, and I really doubt people would throw money at batman/super man team up movies every single time they were on screen regardless if BVS was good. Now that that is out of the way JL is the movie that has to be good. Batman and super man are so overexposed and boring now that I would hold more interest in a flash and batman interaction or aquaman and super man interaction than some long fanboyisg batman/super man movie again. Both these characters are starting to get boring and I'm kinda of glad they got the blunt of the bad treatment so The other characters that actually don't have a million movies are treated well. SM and BM can finally be moved to the side.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um tell WB to stop interfering in the movie making process , a lot of you MCU fans love to forget that WB forced Zach Snyder and David Ayer to reshoot their movie's b/c WB wanted their terrible version , as of now , we know WB is one of the worst movie companies out right now , they have a bad history of creative differences in movies and if DC wasn't partially owned by WB , guarantee you a betted company would of got them like Universal , and the movies would be 20x better

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is outselling DC in terms of comics, but yeah, I agree. Marvel comics are garbage now, but their movies and tv shows are way better than DC's.

If you mean live actions sure, but in cartoons DC has been stomping marvel for decades and still do today, young justice is better than any cartoon marvel ever did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@knightsofdarkness2 said:

If you mean live actions sure, but in cartoons DC has been stomping marvel for decades and still do today, young justice is better than any cartoon marvel ever did.

better than EMH i say Nay

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could pick two options.

"Yes" and "It isn't in trouble, though".

"Yes" because the films are obviously hated by a specific section of their audience and the critics. This is something that can be changed simply by upping the quality - if JL turns out to be an improvement in the films, then it will reach these audiences. Sure there will always be some irrational hate, but generally, these movies earn their criticism.

"It's not in trouble though" because these films could continue being marketed and released as is, and people like me would pay to go see them. They may not resonate with parts of the audience, but they do with other parts.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@knightsofdarkness2 said:

better than EMH i say Nay

Far better, emh just used marvel old stories and cut a lot to fix in one or 2 episodes,also the character development was terrible and they managed to make tony stark boring.

Young justice has a complex plot, great character development , explore the character emotions and relations very well.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: EMH was far better than what is out now but the 90's X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons were really great and they crossed over which is sweet. Oh and how do you feel about Spectacular Spider-Man? That ended way too soon.