Can someone please explain to me the Terminator timeline?

#1 Posted by afunnyguylol (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so... I know it's a lot to write but I've gone over it at least 2 times and it still makes absolutely NO sense to my average joe brain.

Please explain as if I was 5

#2 Posted by iaconpoint (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, since you're 5 I'll phrase everything like such as a question.

You know the first 2 movies? They are the only 2 that matter? So only worry about them and forget the rest? Just watch the last one as a bad dream and to ogle Emilia Clarke? Otherwise? NO!

#3 Posted by afunnyguylol (89 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by iaconpoint (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@afunnyguylol: Trust me: first 2 movies, ogle Emilia Clarke, call it a night.

#5 Posted by afunnyguylol (89 posts) - - Show Bio

That actually helped a lot XD

#6 Posted by afunnyguylol (89 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Dernman (26457 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. In Terminator 1 Kyle Reese goes back in time from the future to the present save the life of Sarah Connor and ends up fathering John Connor the man who sent him back.
  2. In Terminator 2 John Connor sends another Terminator to protect his younger self from a more advanced Terminator.
  3. After that the franchise ends.
  4. That's right the franchise ends with Terminator 2.

Dern it someone already said this.

#8 Edited by Wolfrazer (16605 posts) - - Show Bio

Not hard.

Original Timeline= Everything as normal till Judgement Day, John sends Kyle back in time to protect Sarah from a T-800.

Timeline 1(T1)= Kyle is sent back in time, changing events where parts of the T-800 are found leading to Skynet's advancement in the T-1000 being sent back to kill John.

Timeline 2(T2)= John sends back a reprogrammed T-800 to protect his younger self, the Cyberdyne building is destroyed and all it's work, thus postponing Judgement Day.

Timeline 3(T3)= John goes off the grid, cannot be found by Skynet, military bought the assets of Cyberdyne to create the Hunter Killers, T-1 and Skynet(as well as the T-X later on in the future). Skynet gets activated and starts to rebel.

Timeline 4(T:S)= Marcus Wright becomes the prototype Infiltration model for the T-800, one year later before Skynet's activation, which is then noted by John later in 2018 to be further along in production of the 800s.

Timeline 5(T:G)= All the previous timelines get re-written/overhauled into this new timeline.