Can Psylocke's psychic knife pierce or break Invisible Woman's force field?

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992

Sue puts up a force field and Betsy tries to break it or pierce it using her psychic knife or any other psychic weapons. Can she do it? Current versions of both.

Also, what happens if they clash weapons? Coz I know sue can also create weapons with her FFs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think her tk constructs can get through

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I personally don't think Besty's weapons can piece Sue's Shield considering she has quite the history of blocking psionic energy

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I do not think she can get through the Sue shield

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geekryan

Knowing both Betsy and Sue’s capabilities very well, Betsy definitely can pierce it or break it.

Her psychic knife is a very unique and hax weapon that has demonstrated a wide variety of capabilities. One of its best feats is when Shadow King tricked Betsy into destroying the Astral Plane, the effects of which were felt by every psychic throughout the world:

Her psychic blades have affected the likes of Juggernaut, whose helmet makes him practically immune to psychic attacks:

No Caption Provided

It has affected Jean Grey, who is a superior psychic with impressive telepathic defences:

Downed Iron Man through his armour:

No Caption Provided

Downed Sebastian Shaw, whose mutant ability allows him to absorb energy:

No Caption Provided

Harmed Ronan the Accuser, who is durable enough to take an energy blast from Silver Surfer:

No Caption Provided

And it has been stated to slice through energy shields:

No Caption Provided

Lastly, it has destroyed an inter-dimensional gateway/portal:

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the unstoppable hax meets the immovable bullshit power....

I don't even know.

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm... this is a hard one. I wanna say she can't break it but only because I'm not too keen on Betsy's psychic weaponry compared to Sue's shields.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With regards to the actual power backing the attacks then I would not predict Betsy being able to break the force fields. But her psionic weapons have been known to disrupt energy especially psionic energy. There is a chance that she can disrupt Sues force fields

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Pretty sure not, Sue's constructs are formed from hyperspace and have penetrated Galactus' physical form.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure not, Sue's constructs are formed from hyperspace and have penetrated Galactus' physical form.

That isn't consistent, and there's context to that.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By heiqn
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

I don't know shit about Psylocke but I was told you have to be at least Herald level to pass Sue's shields.

So I will say no, ignoring the actual proof Geekryan posted because why not wank our fav characters?

LOL.

It's less about raw power, and more about the hax aspect of it. Psylocke's psychic knife is pure psionic energy. Sue's force fields are psionic.

The psychic knife's best feat involves destroying an entire dimension, which was felt across the planet by psychics and non-psychics alike. It can destroy gateway and bypass durability to harm characters who are extremely resistant to psychic attacks, or just very durable.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: you have people on here all day debating outlier feats, this isn't quite an outlier and Sue has done similar things with her constructs.

She obviously thought that would stop Galactus but he is above physical attacks. still it shows what she can do when she is "bloodlusted".

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: you have people on here all day debating outlier feats, this isn't quite an outlier and Sue has done similar things with her constructs.

She obviously thought that would stop Galactus but he is above physical attacks. still it shows what she can do when she is "bloodlusted".

It is quite an outlier for Sue lol. She isn't on the level of Galactus.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AssertingValor

@geekryan: never said she was, but if she can penetrate his physical form then she can likely block a mutant like psylock who isn't even Omega last I knew.

There is a thread in her character forum that shows some of her insane showings.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: never said she was, but if she can penetrate his physical form then she can likely block a mutant like psylock who isn't even Omega last I knew.

There is a thread in her character forum that shows some of her insane showings.

I'm very familiar with Invisible Woman lol. I have represented her several times in tournaments, I read Fantastic Four, and I discuss her feats often. What she did with Galactus is an outlier and not replicable.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I am a ff fan as well, I have every issue up to 2006. I guess I don't understand, do you argue Sue' s constructs are not strong enough to defend against Psylocke?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I am a ff fan as well, I have every issue up to 2006. I guess I don't understand, do you argue Sue' s constructs are not strong enough to defend against Psylocke?

It isn't about the raw power. Check posts 6 and 13 for my explanations.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: well your hax observation is definitely correct. Sue has troubled Thor and manipulated mjolnir away from him using her abilities. This could be a toss up

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

I don't think so, Sue's force fields can block some of the strangest hax...

While Sue was weakened she was able to easily block attacks from Huntara's psionic scythe that simultaneously strikes on multiple planes of reality, can harm people mentally, leave rifts in someone's psyche, remove mental influence from people she hits with it, can cut through space time to open poertals, ect.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Sue was weakened she was able to easily block attacks from Huntara's psionic scythe that simultaneously strikes on multiple planes of reality, can harm people mentally, leave rifts in someone's psyche, remove mental influence from people she hits with it, can cut through space time to open poertals, ect.

That isn't better than destroying the entire Astral Plane and everything else I posted.. Sue's force fields are psionic; Betsy's psychic knife is composed of raw psionic energy and disrupts whatever it touches, whether it be a mind, body, armour, etc.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:

That isn't better than destroying the entire Astral Plane and everything else I posted.. Sue's force fields are psionic; Betsy's psychic knife is composed of raw psionic energy and disrupts whatever it touches, whether it be a mind, body, armour, etc.

Sue's force fields' energy is psionic but it also disrupts energy (especially psionic energy) and since it originates from a higher plane of existence it's properties are very unique compared to other psionic energy like it's consistently been shown to be completely unaffected by stuff that erase reality or spacetime.

It's a possibility given Betsy's unique weapons or the psi-knife could cause psychic feedback since Sue's force fields are an extension of her will and are connected to her mind but on the other hand Sue's force fields are also known for it's unique properties and has plenty examples of blocking and disrupting unique energies.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:

Sue's force fields' energy is psionic but it also disrupts energy (especially psionic energy) and since it originates from a higher plane of existence it's properties are very unique compared to other psionic energy like it's consistently been shown to be completely unaffected by stuff that erase reality or spacetime.

It's a possibility given Betsy's unique weapons or the psi-knife could cause psychic feedback since Sue's force fields are an extension of her will and are connected to her mind but on the other hand Sue's force fields are also known for it's unique properties and has plenty examples of blocking and disrupting unique energies.

And yet Sue's force fields have been blocked by telekinesis before. What Betsy does with her psychic knife is much more raw and concentrated than telekinesis. Her force fields are unique, but so is Betsy's psychic knife. Given the inconsistent nature of Sue's force fields being able to block psionics, there's no guarantee she could block Betsy's attack.

Sue's force fields also cause feedback onto her, and if we're going to compare Betsy's will vs. Sue's will, it's not much of a contest: Betsy's telepathy gives her the edge.

Betsy's powers have worked on a quantum level, molecular level, and have affected more powerful beings than herself, i.e. Shadow King, Sebastian Shaw, Juggernaut, Jean Grey, Ronan, etc. There's also her being able to destroy a magical gateway and the Astral Plane, which are also pretty unique capabilities.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:

And yet Sue's force fields have been blocked by telekinesis before. What Betsy does with her psychic knife is much more raw and concentrated than telekinesis. Her force fields are unique, but so is Betsy's psychic knife. Given the inconsistent nature of Sue's force fields being able to block psionics, there's no guarantee she could block Betsy's attack.

Sue's force fields also cause feedback onto her, and if we're going to compare Betsy's will vs. Sue's will, it's not much of a contest: Betsy's telepathy gives her the edge.

Betsy's powers have worked on a quantum level, molecular level, and have affected more powerful beings than herself, i.e. Shadow King, Sebastian Shaw, Juggernaut, Jean Grey, Ronan, etc. There's also her being able to destroy a magical gateway and the Astral Plane, which are also pretty unique capabilities.

Sue only pushed a force field construct against Jean's TK, Sue only later discovered to use her force fields' energy at different frequencies (FF #400) and at the time she only used her powers as solid constructs plus she was mind-controlled meaning she clearly didn't use her powers creatively.

Sue's force fields has never tried to block psionic energy and failed so I don't know where you're getting inconsistency, Betsy's psi-knife has failed to affect Daredevil, Moon Knight, Juggernaut, ect.

Sue's entire plethora of force field feats are a testament of how powerful her will is hence "her force fields are an extension of her will" and her feats outclasses Betsy's feats ten to one, heck Pre-Onslaught Sue probably has better feats than Betsy has overall.

Sue has had molecular control over her powers since the 80's and currently has on an atomic level, Her force fields have blocked stuff that are prime examples of unique capabilities like...

• She blocked attacks from the Cormorant, a being that comes from a higher plane of existence (like Sue's force fields) that defies the laws of physics and could casually lift and break a container that was locked in a fixed point in space and it contained the Zero Force that "ends one universe and starts another" if released.
  • Her force field is unaffected by the Ultimate Nullifier's erasure that can erase reality
  • Her force field is unaffected by a Reality Wave that's used to erase time.
  • She's shielded a ship from the oditopian weapon that destroys space time on a fundamental level.
  • Her force field blocked out a magic/mental attack that affected Grandmaster and the entity Death.
  • She's casually shielded from a weapon that removes the energy that binds atoms to each other.
  • She has reinforced a Negative Zone portal with her force field, allowing it to still work even though it had a hole in it.
  • Galactus ordered Silver Surfer to get Sue specifically to shield the soul gems with her force field.
  • She has disrupted Galactus' force field with her psionic energy.
  • When channelled at the right frequency Sue's force fields can puncture Celestial armor.
  • She has casually disrupted The Marquis of Death's apprentice's force field.
  • Ronan the accuser specifically came to earth to get Sue to breach The Watchers' habitat on the moon with her force field.
  • She has gathered Psycho Man's psionic energy that was influencing everyone in Manhattan with her psionic energy and blasted it into space.
  • Molecule Man was unable to affect Sue's force field with his matter manipulation.
  • She has blocked Jean's TK twice, Psi-Lord and Psycho Man's TP and Sersi's matter manipulation which are all psionic powers.

At the end of the day Sue's force fields have a lot more unique properties than Betsy's weapons especially in the wider Marvel Universe.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Flashpoint98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

She could try spinning with it. That's a good trick.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not