Can MCU Vision phase kill a DCEU Kryptonian?

• 72 results
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can MCU Vision phase kill a DCEU Kryptonian? (49 votes)

1 51%
2 16%
3 4%
4 10%
something else happens. 18%
No Caption Provided

-----------------

I made this picture for a CAV I was recently in.

DCEU Zod vs MCU Visions.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/winner-d4b-cav-mcu-vision-and-white-vision-death4b-2136097/?page=2

-----------

This isnt a battle or a speed argument just......

What do you think happens if Vision tries to solidify his hand in DCEU Zod?

Visions arm solidifies while phased into the chest through the spine and heart.

On a physical level... what do you personally think happens?

Is it one of the options in the picture I made...or do you think something else happens?

• 
Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

There's actually nothing stopping Vision from placing his fist inside of their brain and rematerializing while also keeping his arm phased at the same time. Or he could just straight up increase his density right in their noggin and still kill them that way.

He has alot of options

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

legend531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

Yes

Yes

There's actually nothing stopping Vision from placing his fist inside of their brain and rematerializing while also keeping his arm phased at the same time. Or he could just straight up increase his density right in their noggin and still kill them that way.

He has alot of options.

What?

No way.

Dceu Superman is the bestest,strongest and most powerful.

He has FTL Speed.

He is stronger than a planet.

He is also immune to Phasing cause I said so.

Hmm!!!.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kryptonian anatomy is so bizzare and different from human anatomy that we have no way of knowing.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By death4bunnies

@darthsuper:

They have bones and organs.. I think we can see this in a few of the MOS X-ray scenes... they don’t like things in their heart(Superman’s death) and they cant seem to function once their neck is broken (Zods death)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper:

They have bones and organs.. I think we can see this in a few of the MOS X-ray scenes... they don’t like things in their heart(Superman’s death) and they cant seem to function once their neck is broken (Zods death)

I know, it's just we have no way of knowing. If the movies are accurate to kryptonian anatomy in the comics, then Superman's heart would be located below his neck, not his shoulder.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper:

Oh wow I didn’t know his heart is in a different place in the comics.

—-

Here is a great thread about phasing in the comics with examples from DC with Flash and Manhunter.. and examples from comics Vision.

—-

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/olubummo/blog/phasing-durability-negation/153487/

That is a good thread. We'll have to see how phasing affects DCEU kryptonians, I guess.

And no, I'm not making this crap up. Here is an image from DC's Anatomy of a Metahuman (which is canon I think):

No Caption Provided

That's his heart in between his lungs.

Here is another image regarding his eyes:

No Caption Provided

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he killed an ultron bot? Come on

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not by feats or logically. He needs to do that to someone more durable than himself before the NLF argument can be overcome.

If you're saying he can do that, can he do that to, say, galaxy level characters who don't have any specific feats against phasing?

Avatar image for deactivated-60609a24e8b5f
deactivated-60609a24e8b5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he hasn't phased on anyone durable as them.

Unless you wanna argue that he can phasekill anyone, which is a clear NLF fallacy.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

1, They have never shown phasing resistance.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ready_4_Madness
Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can phase kill them since they have no anti phasing feats. I don't even think it matters what happens to Vision because I don't think dceu Clark can survive with a broken vibranium arm inside his brain.

CW flash phased through CW Supergirl and would have killed her if he was bloodlusted and she wasn't been mind controlled. Phasing is an OP ability.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His hand is Vibranium so it's definitely gonna break even Kryptonian organs w phasing.

A smart Vision could kill Doomsday if he wanted tbh.

As for other Kryptonians... I don't see him having the time to phase-kill against Clark/Zod abusing speed. If he does he 100% would kill them.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he hasn't phased on anyone durable as them.

Unless you wanna argue that he can phasekill anyone, which is a clear NLF fallacy.

smh my head

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By death4bunnies

@rbt said:

@thespartanb345t: He isn't pure vibranium though.

Your right.... but there does seem to be a fair amount of vibranium on the cellular level.

Loading Video...

Here is Dr Cho talking about the cellular make up of Vision.^^.

——

No Caption Provided

So physically ....on a cellular level.. what do you think happens to Visions arm when he unphases exactly?

Do you think his arm is Completely subsumed by krypto flesh??

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: No clue. They never explained how his density shifting works. Where does the weight go when he phases(since its not regular phasing, but density shifting)? That's why I'm saying he needs to phase hurt someone more durable than him before NLF argument can be removed.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By death4bunnies

@rbt:

Ye they never go through exactly how his phasing works in the movies.. in the comics he is capable of harming strong people with his phase.

There are lots of comic references in post 9.

—-

Outside that I can show Vision phasing away the metal of Ultron bots without harming himself..so his flesh subsumed steel on the unphase

——

I think Vision may lose a arm in a DCEU kryptonian but the vibranium arm left over has to be delt with.

—-

I don’t think it’s NLF.. some people have feats that can beat phasing.. someone like nuclear man could deal with the left over arm.. seems like there are limits but DCEU Kryptonians just don’t carry feats that suggest they can subsume vibranium on the cellular level .... imo.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

Outside that I can show Vision phasing away the metal of Ultron bots without harming himself..so his flesh subsumed steel on the unphase

I think his cells have a vibranium coating. So it makes sense regular metal won't break it.

I think Vision may lose a arm in a DCEU kryptonian but the vibranium arm left over has to be delt with.

I think his arm will just get crushed tbh. If it shatters inside someone's body, then its a problem. If it gets crushed, then they'd be fine.

I don’t think it’s NLF.. some people have feats that can beat phasing.. someone like nuclear man could deal with the left over arm.. seems like there are limits but DCEU Kryptonians just don’t carry feats that suggest they can subsume vibranium on the cellular level .... imo.

Why would they need to absorb vibranium? Phasing through anyone isn't out of question, sure. But if Vision tries to solidify inside someone, his arm would most likely get crushed if the insides of that person is durable enough. If Vision somehow manages to leave a chunk of his arm inside someone's chest, then obviously that person is going to be in trouble. But that seems like a very weird move from Vision's part.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

The entire part of him being pure/not pure is pretty confusing and complicated, he's supposed to be made of Vibranium down to his cells.

Either way, it really isn't about him having feats of phase-killing someone more durable than himself, but simple logic imo.

To phase-kill someone your hand must be in the same durability ballpark as the organ you're destroying.

For example, a hotdog cannot phase-destroy a human skull because the skull would crush the hotdog and force the hotdog out, but a hotdog could probably phase-kill a brain.

Vibranium is durable enough to phase-kill a Kryptonian, imo, even though it might not be as durable as Kryptonians overall.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

The entire part of him being pure/not pure is pretty confusing and complicated, he's supposed to be made of Vibranium down to his cells.

Either way, it really isn't about him having feats of phase-killing someone more durable than himself, but simple logic imo.

To phase-kill someone your hand must be in the same durability ballpark as the organ you're destroying.

For example, a hotdog cannot phase-destroy a human skull because the skull would crush the hotdog and force the hotdog out, but a hotdog could probably phase-kill a brain.

Vibranium is durable enough to phase-kill a Kryptonian, imo, even though it might not be as durable as Kryptonians overall.

I agree with pretty much all of it. If we assume that Vision is as durable as vibranium, then yes, him solidifying inside Supes would do some serious damage.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Ye I can respect that.

But to be fair I don’t know how Vision would know if someone was too durable to phase.. it’s a attack he’s used more than punching or kicking or anything else... I’d think he goes for it.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

Exactly even if Vision loses an arm nothing indicates dceu Kryptonians would survive with a broken vibranium arm inside their brain.

He can choose to turn parts of his body solid whilst already intangible.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By macleen

No he can’t. Too durable

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Ye I can respect that.

But to be fair I don’t know how Vision would know if someone was too durable to phase.. it’s a attack he’s used more than punching or kicking or anything else... I’d think he goes for it.

Yeah.

I don't think Vision wouldn't go for it. He probably would, But I think the most likely outcome would be his arm getting crushed(against people of higher durability). If it shatters instead, he'd lose his arm and the guy it shattered inside would have some serious fragments to deal with.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

^^^ GOAT hotdog analogy ^^^

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bayman007  Online

No, he cant.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remind me of his phasing feats again?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By death4bunnies

@thebestofthebest:

Offensively....

Defensively..

----

So he's used it offensively every time he wasn't fighting another avenger.

-----

Can I ask what you think happens physically if MCU Vision unphases his arm when stuck into a DCEU Kryptonians heart/spine?

It is one of the options in the pic I made in the OP, or does something else happen?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: No way to know unless he's phased through someone as durable or more durable than Superman.

Satanishki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you need feats against phasing not the other way around

Avatar image for deactivated-60609a24e8b5f
deactivated-60609a24e8b5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Vision phases fodders? That's known since AoU.

Avatar image for poedameronsbutt
Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk since apparently mcu vision is walk level in infinity war LOL

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By death4bunnies

@poedameronsbutt said:

Idk since apparently mcu vision is walk level in infinity war LOL

If you watch the IW commentary with the Russos (available on D+) they say if they wouldn't of had Glaive sneak attack Vision in the back like a space ninja the story would of ended on page one.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

^^^Screened quote under the spoiler blocks.^^^

----

"I would say we have a difficultly with characters that are too powerful, because if they can solve the problem on page one, where are you going? So we have a tendency, all of us, to look for ways to cripple characters either physically or psychologically. And in this case, Vision gets skewered by a very powerful weapon, and is damaged for the rest of the movie. Systems are failing."-- Russos

-----