Can mcu thor’s Electrokenesis hurt dceu superman

  • 167 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for jefferydeducke
Posted by JefferydeDucke (682 posts) 4 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Can mcu thor’s Electrokenesis hurt dceu superman (116 votes)

Yes 59%
No 41%
Avatar image for emanresu_20
#101 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@joker567892:

It wouldn’t be the most impressive thing he’s done. No reason to see how he couldn’t pull this off.

Avatar image for macleen
#102 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20:

It was low on power after he used it. Your argument had no correlation to him actually using it. Jarvis said if he kept using it his power would fully deplete. The difference is the Black Hole Feat and Decibel feat is that their results outright contradicted what they really would have done. The ground beneath Supers would have melted. Also the Black Hole would have killed Superman just like it did the other Kryptonians.

No, first off the suit wasn't even finished. Secondly the moment Stark started using the laser Jarvis warned him which meant they were already on low power, Jarvis said they would run out of power before they could penetrate the shell, ego low power. What contradicted the blackhole feat and decibels, let me guess, real life science? (I can use this to break down all of IM's feats and Thor's to make the useless too, so try again). Also since you seem to think the shells took petawatts how come they were vaporized by a low yield nuke (which SM wasn't, proving once again he's more durable), blasted to smithereens by a tank buster and finally this

But sure the leviathans don't have any contradicting feats

The property of the been was to increase the planets gravity. By how much we don’t know. The Water was behaving in that manor because it’s weight was being increased by the gravity of the Beam. Also Buildings only need to have their weight doubled to come crashing down.

I'm talking about the white beam that smashed on the ocean floor creating a tidal wave. The same water that was still separated by the beam the way it does when you pour water into a basin? Last time I check gravity was a force of attraction yet the area the beam was hitting had no water, in fact it was being constantly repelled.

I’m talking about DDs AOE

I watched the movie. It didn’t say Supes was killed by radiation at all. The only thing I recall was that radiation did kill Supes but from a source outside the movie. It didn’t specify the radiation.

Kryptonians on Krypton aren't powered due to gravity, atmosphere and their red sun. kryptonians on earth are powered by our sun, atmosphere and gravity. Jor-EL tells Clark his body absorbs radiation first time they met and he does just that before he finally flies. Weakened SM after WE absorbs solar radiation to heal. BvS we are introduce to another radioactive material (Kryptonite) which produces radiation that is lethal to Kryptonians as they absorb it and their body decays. Next SM is hit by a nuke which has heat ( so far he's shown no weakness/vulnerability to), radiation (which he has a lengthy history of being affected by it), blast wave( which is pointless as he was at the epicenter).

Which one do you think turned him into a zombie? Heat that didn't even singe his hair/suit despite doing massive damage to his body? Or radiation. Not to mention BvS used Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns source material

Avatar image for macleen
#103 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

show me where the Leviathans armor was destroyed by the Nuke.

Also the blast from that Nuke was massive

I sincerely hope you are joking?

No Caption Provided

Size means nothing, when the yield is still low.Not to mention it wasn't bigger than BvS.

No Caption Provided

not to mention if a tankbuster can do this? What exactly do you think a nuke will do?

Sorry my net is down, I'm having trouble posting the GIFS

Avatar image for emanresu_20
#104 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

You really are ignoring or skewing all the facts about that battle aren’t you? The Suit was finished and it finished right before Stark went splat. That’s the entire reason for him stalling to give his suit time to get ready. I don’t see what the issue with Iron man’s low power is... What point are you trying to make. All Jarvis did was say the laser wasn’t effective. Also The Bunker buster went under the Leviathans shell and blew it up that way. It did it destroy the actual shell. And I said before show me the Shells getting destroyed by the Nuke. Furthermore Superman didn’t tank the black hole. As I was saying it was going to Killed him like the other Krytonians being spaghettified. The funny thing is you are using science and real world physics to prove what makes the feat impressive. Don’t be upset when I come around and use the same physics you use for a different reason.

Try harder.

This is the world Engine first firing the white Beam

https://youtu.be/41Jo73gRybY

It doesn’t create any form of total wave and doesn’t do any damage. What it does do is progressively increase the gravity of the Area. Hence the Water was being displaced do to increased Gravity. Now it’s up to you to explain how much it did so.

I’m aware of what Superman’s physiology is and where is powers come from. Also I like how you tried to slip it’s blast in there when Nukes do not produce a Blast in space. Furthermore taking influence from the source material does not include taking every single detail from the comic and making it canon especially when there are noticeable differences. In the comic it only weakened Supes and didn’t appear to break skin. In the movie it nearly killed him and you see flakes of skin peeling off of him. In other words I’m going to need a canon statement from the movie or something canonically contested to the movie and not just its influence.

Avatar image for emanresu_20
#105 Edited by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

That scan did not show the Leviathan armor getting destroyed nor did the Bunker buster. The bunker buster got underneath the armor and detonated.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#106 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

Giant Man has nuke level striking force.

Avatar image for macleen
#107 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

That scan did not show the Leviathan armor getting destroyed nor did the Bunker buster. The bunker buster got underneath the armor and detonated.

Look closely at the leviathan's body you can see several sparks and the face falls off at the end of the GIF

No Caption Provided

Let me enlarge it for you

No Caption Provided

notice all the sparks

No Caption Provided

Notice the guy standing at its face

No Caption Provided

unless you believe all these guys have access to 200 petawatts+ worth of energy each with their industrial blowtorches?

Getting under armor only becomes a danger to the object the armor was intended to protect, not the armor itself. Dude the metal is still durable from the inside out. If you bent 2 steel plates and attacked both from the inside and outside, you're telling me the one that attacked from the inside had an easier time?

Avatar image for emanresu_20
#108 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for emanresu_20
#109 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

I see it and he clearly explained how they were doing it. Vulture outright said they needed to used Chitari tech to cut it.

I know it’s still durable. The Bunker buster didn’t destroy the armor plates just the Leviathan underneath it. The armor was blasted off. It was not shown to be destroyed.

Avatar image for macleen
#110 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: You really are ignoring or skewing all the facts about that battle aren’t you? The Suit was finished and it finished right before Stark went splat. That’s the entire reason for him stalling to give his suit time to get ready. I don’t see what the issue with Iron man’s low power is... What point are you trying to make. All Jarvis did was say the laser wasn’t effective. Also The Bunker buster went under the Leviathans shell and blew it up that way. It did it destroy the actual shell. And I said before show me the Shells getting destroyed by the Nuke. Furthermore Superman didn’t tank the black hole. As I was saying it was going to Killed him like the other Krytonians being spaghettified. The funny thing is you are using science and real world physics to prove what makes the feat impressive. Don’t be upset when I come around and use the same physics you use for a different reason.

Which facts? The fact that the suit wasn't finished or the fact that it was low on power, or the fact that a nuke wipe out the mothership, the fact that industrial guys were taking the armor apart piece by piece or the fact that a tank buster blew it to pieces? Which facts have I ignored or skewed?

Lol the suit wasn't finished and Jarvis says so in this videohttps://youtu.be/eBuAx5KVGNQ.

Jarvis says the laser wasn't effective because they were low on power, but since you won't admit that then the armor no-selled 200 petawatts of power. That's your argument.

SM tanked the Black-hole, show me the damage he received from it? Was going to kill and killing are the same despite te fact that there was no indication of his impending death. He powered through it just like he did with the WE.

Let me guess, you aren't using real life science for your 200 petawatt feat?

It doesn’t create any form of total wave and doesn’t do any damage. What it does do is progressively increase the gravity of the Area. Hence the Water was being displaced do to increased Gravity. Now it’s up to you to explain how much it did so.

I'm sick and tired of having to post obvious feats just so that I get to debunk your lies. Don't you get tired of asking for scenes you clearly know went the way I just described?

Here, the first pulse, tidal wave is created.

No Caption Provided

consecutive pulses keep the water around SM and the beam's path away

No Caption Provided

So if the beam was gravity, why was it repelling the water?

I’m aware of what Superman’s physiology is and where is powers come from. Also I like how you tried to slip it’s blast in there when Nukes do not produce a Blast in space. Furthermore taking influence from the source material does not include taking every single detail from the comic and making it canon especially when there are noticeable differences. In the comic it only weakened Supes and didn’t appear to break skin. In the movie it nearly killed him and you see flakes of skin peeling off of him. In other words I’m going to need a canon statement from the movie or something canonically contested to the movie and not just its influence.

I tried to slip in what happened on screen? Or you also want to prove there was a blast wave, seriously what movies are you watching? So the movie plot where an alien from the planet Krypton that clearly was taken from comics also doesn't count because source material isn't canon ( not that I even said it was)? Where did it break his skin?

I just proved radiation did the work using both feats/history/ and source material. You disagree, now prove to me how the heat is responsible while still leaving his hair/eyelids/lips/suit intact and canon statements or something canonically contested to the movie?

Avatar image for mattyboi
#111 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:

Definitely, it could potentially take him out too. It tore through ships that no sold re-entry. Lmao @ anyone who says he no sells it

SM is far above reentry level. In fact a weakened SM is above ships that can no sell reentry let alone a normal SM. This argument fails horribly.

Striking Power =/= Durability. Also the cloak tore through the ships aswell. So supes isnt no selling it

Have you tried head-butting a wall. You're confusing SM with Thor. Thor used a weapon to bust through the ships. SM used his F******* face(and he did it while weakened). It's both a durability and a striking feat.

A weakened SM showed superior durability feats compared to Thor's LC highest showing.

The lightning was tearing through it. Also supes never showed durability near that. Maybe striking, but not durability.

Avatar image for macleen
#112 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

I see it and he clearly explained how they were doing it. Vulture outright said they needed to used Chitari tech to cut it.

Your statement was directed to the guy trying to remove an energy core not the guys on the leviathan

So Chitauri have blowtorches and grinders now? Also using chiatauri tech is illegal, do you think the government would allow them to use Chitauri blowtorches and grinders or even engineer the weapons for them considering

  1. they were independent contractors
  2. their boss was actually building illegal tech and kept it a secret while selling it on the black market.

I know it’s still durable. The Bunker buster didn’t destroy the armor plates just the Leviathan underneath it. The armor was blasted off. It was not shown to be destroyed.

The bunk buster destroyed the armored shells + leviathan, you can see the metal being destroyed watch the video in slow-mo unless you want me to create another obvious GIF to show you

Avatar image for macleen
#113 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:

Definitely, it could potentially take him out too. It tore through ships that no sold re-entry. Lmao @ anyone who says he no sells it

SM is far above reentry level. In fact a weakened SM is above ships that can no sell reentry let alone a normal SM. This argument fails horribly.

Striking Power =/= Durability. Also the cloak tore through the ships aswell. So supes isnt no selling it

Have you tried head-butting a wall. You're confusing SM with Thor. Thor used a weapon to bust through the ships. SM used his F******* face(and he did it while weakened). It's both a durability and a striking feat.

A weakened SM showed superior durability feats compared to Thor's LC highest showing.

The lightning was tearing through it. Also supes never showed durability near that. Maybe striking, but not durability.

What exactly is meaning of durability to you?

Avatar image for mattyboi
#114 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:

Definitely, it could potentially take him out too. It tore through ships that no sold re-entry. Lmao @ anyone who says he no sells it

SM is far above reentry level. In fact a weakened SM is above ships that can no sell reentry let alone a normal SM. This argument fails horribly.

Striking Power =/= Durability. Also the cloak tore through the ships aswell. So supes isnt no selling it

Have you tried head-butting a wall. You're confusing SM with Thor. Thor used a weapon to bust through the ships. SM used his F******* face(and he did it while weakened). It's both a durability and a striking feat.

A weakened SM showed superior durability feats compared to Thor's LC highest showing.

The lightning was tearing through it. Also supes never showed durability near that. Maybe striking, but not durability.

What exactly is meaning of durability to you?

What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

Avatar image for macleen
#115 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

Avatar image for mattyboi
#116 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

?

Avatar image for macleen
#117 Edited by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

?

Punching a wall as hard as you can(in fact move 50ft away from the wall and then bullrush it with a punch). Clearly you won't be able to bust it, but since your output is low, your knuckles will also be undamaged?

Avatar image for mattyboi
#118 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

?

Punching a wall as hard as you can(in fact move 50ft away from the wall and then bullrush it with a punch). Clearly you won't be able to bust it, but since your output is low, your knuckles will also be undamaged?

How is this relievent?

Avatar image for macleen
#119 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

?

Punching a wall as hard as you can(in fact move 50ft away from the wall and then bullrush it with a punch). Clearly you won't be able to bust it, but since your output is low, your knuckles will also be undamaged?

How is this relievent?

I'm trying to explain how durability and striking relate when you're not using any weapons but your own body. Exactly what SM does when he punches, headbutts of fly into things with his face.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#120 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#121 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

That makes literally no sense. Captain america doesnt break his hand when he punches thanos, yet he got killed by a single strike from him(in the IW comic) Striking =/= Durability.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#122 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

?

Punching a wall as hard as you can(in fact move 50ft away from the wall and then bullrush it with a punch). Clearly you won't be able to bust it, but since your output is low, your knuckles will also be undamaged?

How is this relievent?

I'm trying to explain how durability and striking relate when you're not using any weapons but your own body. Exactly what SM does when he punches, headbutts of fly into things with his face.

And how exactly?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#123 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: No offense, but are you cut off from the rest of the planet? Do you not know that every action has a reaction, newton's second law? He didn't break his hands because Cap punches with like 300-500 kgs of force, that wouldn't break his hands, he's a super soldier.

yet he got killed by a single strike from him(in the IW comic)

Getting hit by Thanos and hitting Thanos aren't the same thing, stupid.

Striking =/= Durability.

Smh.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#124 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: No offense, but are you cut off from the rest of the planet? Do you not know that every action has a reaction, newton's second law? He didn't break his hands because Cap punches with like 300-500 kgs of force, that wouldn't break his hands, he's a super soldier.

yet he got killed by a single strike from him(in the IW comic)

Getting hit by Thanos and hitting Thanos aren't the same thing, stupid.

Striking =/= Durability.

Smh.

So your logic wont apply to him because hes a super human? Cool, so it doesnt apply to supes either.

You literally said if you can hit something and not break ur hand to it means you can be hit by the thing.

Indeed.

Avatar image for mcutears
#125 Posted by MCUTEARS (33 posts) - - Show Bio

We have a lot of mcu liars here.

1) thor never broke through an outsider ship. He went in through the opening and busted out of the ship via his hammer and explosions. The ships were clearly designed to take take force from the outside only

2) the low yield nuke that iron man used was detonated in space. That nuke clearly vaporized the mother ship and the leviathan. Sup easily survived a much bigger nuke within earth's atmosphere

3) kryptonian metal is so durable is survived the destruction of krypton (per the canon official mos novel )

4) all the krytpnians survived the black hole. That black hole converted all the kryptonian metal into energy (per the canon official mos novel)

5) doomsday aoe is lightening /electricity (per the subtitles)

The first and weakest dd aoe vaporized the tops of 4 skyscrapers and 4 Apache helicopters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thor's best lightening attack ever

Based on feats and common sense

Thors lightening will do nada to superman

Avatar image for mcutears
#126 Edited by MCUTEARS (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi:

WHY LIE MATE?

THOR never busted through a outrider ship. thor clearly went through the opening caused some explosions and then went out of the ship. those ships were clearly designed to withstand force from the outside in only.

per the canon mos official novel

1) superman is invunerable ( but feels pain). That is why luther and batman knew they needed a krytponian deterrent = kryPTONITE

2) all the krytpnians survived the black hole like singularity rthat converted the krytponain metal into energy

IN AVENGERS ONE

THE LOW YIELD NUKE IRON MAN DETONATED IN SPACE VAPORIZED ALL THE LEVIATHANS AND THE MOTHER SHIP. SUP EASILY FARED BETTER FROM A MUCH HIGHER YIELD NUKE IN EARTHS ATMOSPHERE. BATMAN CLEARLY SAW THE FIREBALL. WE ALSO SEE IN SPIDERMAN THAT THE LEVIATHINS ARE NOT THAT DURABLE.

DD FIRST AOE

VAPORIZED THE TOPS OF 3 SKYSCRAPERS AND 4 APACHE HELICOPTERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BETTER THAN THORS BEST LIGHTNING FEET EASILY.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#127 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: That's not my logic, dumbo. That's physics, every action has an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction, Cap couldn't have been exerting more than 400 kgs of force and due to newton's third law his hand and arm would experience the same amount of force. MCU Thanos is not completely invincible, he can be stunned and ragdolled around by far lesser attacks f.e Spiderman's kicks, that space pod and Drax and Captain America kicks..etc.

Edit:

You literally said if you can hit something and not break ur hand to it means you can be hit by the thing.

You're definitely mentally inept if that's what you think I was trying to explain to you.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#128 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: That's not my logic, dumbo. That's physics, every action has an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction, Cap couldn't have been exerting more than 400 kgs of force and due to newton's third law his hand and arm would experience the same amount of force. MCU Thanos is not completely invincible, he can be stunned and ragdolled around by far lesser attacks f.e Spiderman's kicks, that space pod and Drax and Captain America kicks..etc.

Edit:

You literally said if you can hit something and not break ur hand to it means you can be hit by the thing.

You're definitely mentally inept if that's what you think I was trying to explain to you.

Fiction says otherwise to what your saying. Cap doesnt break his hand when he punches thanos yet died to a punch from him.

Its literally what you said

Avatar image for mattyboi
#129 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcutears said:

@mattyboi:

WHY LIE MATE?

THOR never busted through a outrider ship. thor clearly went through the opening caused some explosions and then went out of the ship. those ships were clearly designed to withstand force from the outside in only.

per the canon mos official novel

1) superman is invunerable ( but feels pain). That is why luther and batman knew they needed a krytponian deterrent = kryPTONITE

2) all the krytpnians survived the black hole like singularity rthat converted the krytponain metal into energy

IN AVENGERS ONE

THE LOW YIELD NUKE IRON MAN DETONATED IN SPACE VAPORIZED ALL THE LEVIATHANS AND THE MOTHER SHIP. SUP EASILY FARED BETTER FROM A MUCH HIGHER YIELD NUKE IN EARTHS ATMOSPHERE. BATMAN CLEARLY SAW THE FIREBALL. WE ALSO SEE IN SPIDERMAN THAT THE LEVIATHINS ARE NOT THAT DURABLE.

DD FIRST AOE

VAPORIZED THE TOPS OF 3 SKYSCRAPERS AND 4 APACHE HELICOPTERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BETTER THAN THORS BEST LIGHTNING FEET EASILY.

You can literally see the lightning destroy the ships when thor flies into them.

1) Except supes died and had to be revived by the sun when he got hit by the nuke. Lmao.

DD's lightning is fodder to thor's. Ships that no sold re-entry at mach 25- speeds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>buildings and helicopters.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#130 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: Cap felt the force of his own punch which did not affect Thanos due to his much higher durability. Again, newton's third law.

when he punches thanos yet died to a punch from him.

Because Thanos's punch had its own power that was much greater than Cap's.

..I should not be explaining this to you.

Edit:

Its literally what you said

So "every action having an equal opposite reaction", to you, means that "you hitting a wall = the wall hitting you"? Is that what you got from my post?

..were you dropped on your head when you were a kid? A legit question btw.

Avatar image for macleen
#131 Posted by macleen (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

?

Punching a wall as hard as you can(in fact move 50ft away from the wall and then bullrush it with a punch). Clearly you won't be able to bust it, but since your output is low, your knuckles will also be undamaged?

How is this relievent?

I'm trying to explain how durability and striking relate when you're not using any weapons but your own body. Exactly what SM does when he punches, headbutts of fly into things with his face.

And how exactly?

There is something fundamentally wrong with your ability to understand simple physics. I give up.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#132 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:
@mattyboi said:
@macleen said:

@mattyboi: What you can survive/tank, not what you can output in terms of damage. Glass cannons are an example of durability not being equal to they're strength.

So if you punched a wall right now as hard as you can, you'll be fine because you're hitting the wall with low output damage rather than the wall hitting you?

?

Punching a wall as hard as you can(in fact move 50ft away from the wall and then bullrush it with a punch). Clearly you won't be able to bust it, but since your output is low, your knuckles will also be undamaged?

How is this relievent?

I'm trying to explain how durability and striking relate when you're not using any weapons but your own body. Exactly what SM does when he punches, headbutts of fly into things with his face.

And how exactly?

There is something fundamentally wrong with your ability to understand simple physics. I give up.

Ok.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#133 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: Cap felt the force of his own punch which did not affect Thanos due to his much higher durability. Again, newton's third law.

when he punches thanos yet died to a punch from him.

Because Thanos's punch had its own power that was much greater than Cap's.

..I should not be explaining this to you.

Edit:

Its literally what you said

So "every action having an equal opposite reaction", to you, means that "you hitting a wall = the wall hitting you"? Is that what you got from my post?

..were you dropped on your head when you were a kid? A legit question btw.

Ok.

You literally said if you can punch a wall and not break your hand you can take wall level punches

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#134 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: You'd have to have the durability to withstand what you can dish out... unless the character in question is a glass canon. Captain America isn't a glass canon and neither is Thanos.

You literally said if you can punch a wall and not break your hand you can take wall level punches

That's not what I said, stop putting my words in my mouth. If you physically ram into a wall and bust it without a scratch (sorta like Superman busted the World Engine), that means you can tank wall level attacks, because, once again, newton's third law.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#135 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: You'd have to have the durability to withstand what you can dish out... unless the character in question is a glass canon. Captain America isn't a glass canon and neither is Thanos.

You literally said if you can punch a wall and not break your hand you can take wall level punches

That's not what I said, stop putting my words in my mouth. If you physically ram into a wall and bust it without a scratch (sorta like Superman busted the World Engine), that means you can tank wall level attacks, because, once again, newton's third law.

No, you just changed your word.

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

You just said it here.

OT: Supes isnt no selling the lightning, its gonna do decent damage to him.

Avatar image for mcutears
#136 Edited by MCUTEARS (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi:

Do you lie as you post ?

Thor flew INTO the OPENING of the out rider ship.

He causes explosions internally. Those explosions busted open the ship from the INSIDE.Clearly those ships were built to withstand force from the outside in, not the opposite.

Has thors lightening ever vaporized helicopters or skyscrapers?

Nope

Thors amped lightening with the Chrysler building put a hole in the leviathans. That's not vaporizing them .

Also in spiderman you see human made blowtorches work on them

Krytpnian metal survived the destruction of krypton

Show me anything from a mcu ship doing that

Thors lightening is a non factor to superman

Avatar image for mattyboi
#137 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcutears said:

@mattyboi:

Do you lie as you post ?

Thor flew INTO the OPENING of the out rider ship.

He causes explosions internally. Those explosions busted open the ship from the INSIDE.Clearly those ships were built to withstand force from the outside in, not the opposite.

Has thors lightening ever vaporized helicopters or skyscrapers?

Nope

Thors amped lightening with the Chrysler building put a hole in the leviathans. That's not vaporizing them .

Also in spiderman you see human made blowtorches work on them

Krytpnian metal survived the destruction of krypton

Show me anything from a mcu ship doing that

Thors lightening is a non factor to superman

How does the metal gonna get weaker on the inside? Explain how its magically gonna get weaker on the inside.

No selling re-entry at mach 25- speeds>>>>>>>>>buildings and helicopters. And that aoe hurt supes.

Thors lightning>>>>>dd's lightning which harmed supes.

When did the metal survive the destruction of krypton, and plus you can see some of the planet wasnt destroyed, so even if it did survive, it was likely the parts that didnt get destroyed.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#138 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@thebestofthebest said:

@mattyboi: You'd have to have the durability to withstand what you can dish out... unless the character in question is a glass canon. Captain America isn't a glass canon and neither is Thanos.

You literally said if you can punch a wall and not break your hand you can take wall level punches

That's not what I said, stop putting my words in my mouth. If you physically ram into a wall and bust it without a scratch (sorta like Superman busted the World Engine), that means you can tank wall level attacks, because, once again, newton's third law.

No, you just changed your word.

@thebestofthebest said:

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

You just said it here.

OT: Supes isnt no selling the lightning, its gonna do decent damage to him.

What did I change, exactly?

Edit:

OT: He's only annoyed, but tanks it.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#139 Edited by TheSpartanB345T (5229 posts) - - Show Bio

He tanks it. Between the nuke, Doomsday's AoE blasts, and heat vision, Superman has enough heat durability to determine that Thor's lightning doesn't hurt much.

Avatar image for mcutears
#140 Posted by MCUTEARS (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi:

CLEARLY THE OUTRIDER SHIPS WERE TEAR DROPPED AND BUILT FROM IMPACT FROM THE OUTSIDE. THOSE SHIPS WERE MADE TO TAKE THE IMPACT FROM THE OUTISDE. THOR NEVER BROKE IN FROM THE OUTSIDE. HE CAUSED EXPLOSIONS FROM THE INSIDE WHICH ALLOWED HIM TO GET OUT OF THE SHIP.

KRYTPONIAN METAL SURVIVED THE DESTRUCTION OF KRYPTON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY METAL IN MCU

MACH 25 AND INCREASING IS FROM MAN OF STEEL. WHY LIE? THAT WAS NEVER STATED OR SHOWN CONCERNING THE OUTRIDER SHIPS. THE WORLD ENGINE CREATED SUCH AN IMPACT IT DESTROYED A GOOD PART OF A MOUNTAIN. ( COMPARE MOS AND BVS SCENES)

THE LEVIATHINS ARE NOT THAT DURABLE OR HEAVY. A LEVIATHIN DIDNT EVEN FLATTEN THE TIRES ON A TAXI. HUMAN BLOW TORCHES EASILY DAMAGE IT. WHAT DOES THE LEVIATHIN BREAKING THROUGH BUILDINGS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided

4 APACHE HELICOPTERS AND THE TOPS OF 6SKYSCRAPER WERE VAPORIZED FROM DD AOE LIGHTNING.(AND THAT WAS HIS WEAKEST ONE) >>>>>>THAN A HOLE IN A LEVIATHIN.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for mattyboi
#141 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcutears said:

@mattyboi:

CLEARLY THE OUTRIDER SHIPS WERE TEAR DROPPED AND BUILT FROM IMPACT FROM THE OUTSIDE. THOSE SHIPS WERE MADE TO TAKE THE IMPACT FROM THE OUTISDE. THOR NEVER BROKE IN FROM THE OUTSIDE. HE CAUSED EXPLOSIONS FROM THE INSIDE WHICH ALLOWED HIM TO GET OUT OF THE SHIP.

KRYTPONIAN METAL SURVIVED THE DESTRUCTION OF KRYPTON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY METAL IN MCU

MACH 25 AND INCREASING IS FROM MAN OF STEEL. WHY LIE? THAT WAS NEVER STATED OR SHOWN CONCERNING THE OUTRIDER SHIPS. THE WORLD ENGINE CREATED SUCH AN IMPACT IT DESTROYED A GOOD PART OF A MOUNTAIN. ( COMPARE MOS AND BVS SCENES)

THE LEVIATHINS ARE NOT THAT DURABLE OR HEAVY. A LEVIATHIN DIDNT EVEN FLATTEN THE TIRES ON A TAXI. HUMAN BLOW TORCHES EASILY DAMAGE IT. WHAT DOES THE LEVIATHIN BREAKING THROUGH BUILDINGS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

4 APACHE HELICOPTERS AND THE TOPS OF 6SKYSCRAPER WERE VAPORIZED FROM DD AOE LIGHTNING.(AND THAT WAS HIS WEAKEST ONE) >>>>>>THAN A HOLE IN A LEVIATHIN.

Loading Video...

Thor literally flew into the ship... and the lightning was tearing it apart. Still waiting for you to prove the metal is magically gonna get weaker on the inside(even tho its the same metal as the outside)

The metal never survived the destruction of kryption.

Its literally coming at re-entry speeds, which is mach 25- its shown on screen.

The leviathan literally no sold flying through buildings like they were paper. Them breaking through buildings shows they have good durability, so hulk one shotting it puts him above building level. Do you understand feats?

Ships that no sold re-entry at mach 25- speeds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>buildings and helicopters. Lmao. And that aoe hurt supes. So this lightning can hurt him much more too.

Avatar image for mattyboi
#142 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@thebestofthebest said:

@mattyboi: You'd have to have the durability to withstand what you can dish out... unless the character in question is a glass canon. Captain America isn't a glass canon and neither is Thanos.

You literally said if you can punch a wall and not break your hand you can take wall level punches

That's not what I said, stop putting my words in my mouth. If you physically ram into a wall and bust it without a scratch (sorta like Superman busted the World Engine), that means you can tank wall level attacks, because, once again, newton's third law.

No, you just changed your word.

@thebestofthebest said:

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

You just said it here.

OT: Supes isnt no selling the lightning, its gonna do decent damage to him.

What did I change, exactly?

Edit:

OT: He's only annoyed, but tanks it.

You said that if you dont break your hand from hitting something you can take that thing level hits. Then you said you didnt say it.

OT: It would def hurt him, could eventually take him out tbh.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#143 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: My god, you're so dumb it's not even the slightest bit funny. I said and I repeat, if you hit hard enough to casually break/shatter/damage/bust a wall, which is just an example, then your hands would be withstanding wall-busting/damaging/shattering/breaking force due to aforementioned reason, or if you bust a wall via ramming into it that means your whole body can withstand that level of force hence why it's a durability and a striking feat at the same time so basically I'm talking about the power behind the punch, not the object or the person you're hitting. But your deadass interpreted it as "if I hit Thanos and not break my hands that means I can withstand Thanos's level hits" lmao, how does that even make sense? Frankly I'm surprised that you're still breathing and walking. With that said, how about you stop strawmanning me and learn how to read first before asserting hysterical garbage, wouldn't that be a great idea?

Avatar image for mattyboi
#144 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: My god, you're so dumb it's not even the slightest bit funny. I said and I repeat, if you hit hard enough to casually break/shatter/damage/bust a wall, which is just an example, then your hands would be withstanding wall-busting/damaging/shattering/breaking force due to aforementioned reason, or if you bust a wall via ramming into it that means your whole body can withstand that level of force hence why it's a durability and a striking feat at the same time so basically I'm talking about the power behind the punch, not the object or the person you're hitting. But your deadass interpreted it as "if I hit Thanos and not break my hands that means I can withstand Thanos's level hits" lmao, how does that even make sense? Frankly I'm surprised that you're still breathing and walking. With that said, how about you stop strawmanning me and learn how to read first before asserting hysterical garbage, wouldn't that be a great idea?

Your gonna change your word again, ok. You said if you can hit a wall and not break your hand then you can take wall level attacks. You didnt mention busting the wall. The insults are unneeded aswell.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#145 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: Quote the part where I said if you hit a wall and not break your hands means you can take wall level attacks?

Avatar image for mattyboi
#146 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

You never said busting it, you just said damaging it. Lmao.

Avatar image for kolkent
#147 Posted by KoLKent (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

MattyBoi be one shotting this thread - BOTB included

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#148 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@thebestofthebest said:

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

You never said busting it, you just said damaging it. Lmao.

You do realise that wall level isn't exactly the same as wall busting level? Wall/Moon/Planet level is opened to multiple interpretations, it could mean damaging it, busting half of it, or all of it. So, again, where did I say "if you hit a wall and not break your hands means you can take wall level attacks?" - if you hit a wall and not break your hands that means your striking power is not nearly good enough to bust a wall and it doesn't impact your overall durability.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#149 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

MattyBoi be one shotting this thread - BOTB included

That's a nice bait, KoL. Maybe he's your alt? Who knows..

Avatar image for mattyboi
#150 Posted by MattyBoi (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hellstorm said:

MattyBoi be one shotting this thread - BOTB included

That's a nice bait, KoL. Maybe he's your alt? Who knows..

Lmao idek this guy. Plus i would have no reason to make an alt.

@mattyboi said:
@thebestofthebest said:

@mattyboi: You can take as much damage as you can dish out. For example, if you don't have the durability necessary to withstand wall level hits, you'd break your hand punching a wall even if you succeed in damaging it, that's why Superman busting the World Engine using his whole body is a durability and a striking feat at the same time.

You never said busting it, you just said damaging it. Lmao.

You do realise that wall level isn't exactly the same as wall busting level? Wall/Moon/Planet level is opened to multiple interpretations, it could mean damaging it, busting half of it, or all of it. So, again, where did I say "if you hit a wall and not break your hands means you can take wall level attacks?" - if you hit a wall and not break your hands that means your striking power is not nearly good enough to bust a wall and it doesn't impact your overall durability.

Most of the time when people say (insert level) attack, they mean capable of busting it. I literally bolded the part where you said "if you hit a wall and not break your hands you can take wall level attacks". Sigh.