• 170 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can mcu thor’s Electrokenesis hurt dceu superman (127 votes)

Yes 61%
No 39%
 • 
Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would probably bother/hurt him but no real damage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did doomsday's hurt him? No and that's a lot more powerful than thor's

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RabumAlal

@DammeFavour: Do you mean his dubstep AoE blasts? Those didn’t seem very powerful IIRC.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It even can kills him.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Doomsday's electricity failed to do anything to batman dude

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal:

They destroyed a few decent amount of blocks and buildings.

However it still didn't seem to be lightning actually. I guess Thor's lightning can move and throw him off balance but hurting is something I don't think it'll do. Superman has already taken other energy attacks that are comparable and they didn't cause any issues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: yea cos none of it hit batman or do you want to claim batman is as durable as the city blocks that got levelled? I can also claim rocket tanked thor's cloak while he was sitting on his shoulder but we both know what PIS is.

@rabumalal: levelling city blocks in an instant is not impressive? Well it's certainly better than anything thor's lightning has ever achieved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: yea cos none of it hit batman or do you want to claim batman is as durable as the city blocks that got levelled? I can also claim rocket tanked thor's cloak while he was sitting on his shoulder but we both know what PIS is.

@rabumalal: levelling city blocks in an instant is not impressive? Well it's certainly better than anything thor's lightning has ever achieved

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If heat vision can hurt him then Thor's lightning should hurt him too.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

1. An AOE is different from a concentrated blast that said Thor's lightning busted sokovia.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: lol....thor's lightning didn't bust sokovia, it overloaded the core. Stop reaching

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

You can downplay the feat all you want but he has done similar albeit on a much smaller scale when he levelled a small portion of a forest in avengers by hitting Cap's shield.

He supplied the energy via his lightning to bust up sokovia...SIMPLE

DD's shtick was more of a shockwave not actual lightning as Supes and WW was just pushed back by the shock wave so it's not an energy attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: It's not downplaying when its fact earth doesn't conduct electricity so tell me how Thor "busted Sokovia"

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably.

zendous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Thor is magic yes as Superman is weak to magical attacks. If memory serves me depending on who is writing Thor at any given time he is magic or advanced space science so it would very based on current interpretation.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat chance.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: how can you claim that? He was standing right there with ww and the electricity was reaching to her

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lightning strike? It'd hurt him.

Lightning cloak? No.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: dude, why the need to lie? Batman was standing nowhere close to Clark and Diana, none of the electricity or the Shockwave touched him, he was standing under an indestructible PIS slab, know why I called it that, because the electricity was levelling entire blocks made of that same slab but somehow couldn't damage the one that had batman under it

@johndeyvido: nobody is downplaying it,you just like reaching, if what you claimed was remotely true, he wouldn't have a problem with hela or any of the other enemies he's fought, his lightning hasn't even been able to destroy a building but you think it can damage a 2km landmass?

Doomsday electrical emissions supplied both electricity and a very powerful Shockwave. A Shockwave powerful enough to completely immobilize Diana and Clark and electricity that lit up superman's forearm and Diana's shield, you would have to be blind or just ignorant to not have notice the electricity on the screen

HINT: it's the orange stuff

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yeimsick
Loading Video...

He tanks it without effort Doomsday lightning > Thor lightning

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By alextheboss

@yeimsick: Batman was right next to Superman and he survived it too by jumping behind some rubble.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: so can you show me if even one bolt of electricity touched superman

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, unless someone can show me Clark no-selling an attack that tears through metal that can no-sell crashing into the ground at reentry level speeds.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cocacolaman  Moderator

Thor’s Lightning has multiple feats on the multi-building level. So I’d say yes.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

Your logic is laughable. It's not me claiming when it was shown on-screen with narration.

Thor has always fought people above him in power unlike Clark who fought weaker foes and one that was stronger than him killed him. Thor losing against people stronger than him isn't an anti-feat so stop using that to lowball him.

Thor's sokovia feat is legit. There were three factors; vibranium, IM's heatseal and Thor's hammer infused with lightning and unless you want to claim vibranium has explosive properties and was overloaded(even when the vibranium was still intact after the destruction) or iron man blew it up, then Thor's lightning supplied the energy to bust the city.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: my logic is laughable? You're not even watching the movie to actually Guage the evidence provided, Noone I'd going to claim that vibranium is explosive, when I say he overloaded the core, I mean the energy you can clearly see glowing throughout the landmass (the blue one) in the core, connected to all the thrusters with tunnels running through the entire structure. So let me correct your equation, there were 4 factors, iron man heat seal meant to contain the reaction (to keep it doubling back), the energy supplied from the core (this enabled the city to float), thor's lightning to overload it and the vibranium for its reflective property (the doubling back shtick).

About the Thor part, that's a lot of stupid excuses, if Thor could indeed destroy a 2km landmass on his own, he would have one-shot or completely destroyed his opponents, doesn't matter how much stronger you keep insisting they are since none of them have durability on that level

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark bathes in it. It tickles him at best.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:

Clark bathes in it. It tickles him at best.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If he's using a huge lightning bolt like he did on Hela, yes.

Otherwise, not really.

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: Did you not watch the video i linked? please show me Thor destroying a small town with lightning.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yeimsick said:

@darkthunder: Did you not watch the video i linked? please show me Thor destroying a small town with lightning.

I think these will suffice

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using Batman to discredit DD's energy release is some serious lowball. And saying Thor was capable of destroying Sokovia on his own is some serious highball. There were clearly many other factors in that scenario. Post #31 explains it well. Not to mention it was a lightning amped strike which isn't the same as a lightning attack.

OT: Apart from his greatest blasts, not really. His lightning cloak specifically would be very ineffective.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

But the 'core' is vibranium and vibranium doesn't have explosive properties and the anti-gravity tech that allowed the city to float was turned off, that's why it was falling.

Thor hasn't used that level of attack against an opponent cos he requires to charge the attack which is difficult to do whilst fighting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A concentrated high end lightning blast would hurt him but his normal lightning cloak wouldn’t damage him at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: the anti grav tech was rigged to flip, this was literally stated in the movie. So no it was not turned off. Just watch the movie man before commenting further

I mean when the factors that enabled sokovia was removed, him charging up his lightning only destroyed a balcony didn't it?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurt Superman? NO. The most powerful of blasts may stagger him, but hurt him? NO.

SirPounce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SirPounce

No. His strongest attack only stunned Hela and Superman has better energy durability. His lightning cloak does nothing.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure but Thor would need to bring the big bolts. Supes already has a feat of withstanding Doomsday's omnidirectional attack which appeared to have an electrical component.

Diesani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It tickles him. Superman is nuke level

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@diesani said:

It tickles him. Superman is nuke level

This. MCU Thor's lightning is pretty weak honestly. At least as of AoU. Does he have any noteworthy lightning feats in Ragnarok?

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Emanresu_20

@DammeFavour:

Doomsday’s blast only destroyed a few buildings that were already damaged. Thor’s lighting has much better feat including Jotenhiem and destroying multiple Leviathans.

Also even though he didn’t destroy Sokovia Iron man said he Cracked the Vibranium Core.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@DammeFavour:

Doomsday’s blast only destroyed a few buildings that were already damaged. Thor’s lighting has much better feat including Jotenhiem and destroying multiple Leviathans.

Also even though he didn’t destroy Sokovia Iron man said he Cracked the Vibranium Core.

That never happened. He did surface damage to the Leviathans. He only obliterated the smaller Chitauri ships. Also, he was using the Chrysler Building as a giant superconductor at the time. As for Jotunheim, that was not solely his lightning, it was also him striking the ground with his hammer, so it was a mix of blunt force and lightning, not just the lightning. He also did not literally destroy all of Jotunheim, as the area is still at least somewhat intact when Loki visits it later.

Finally, the buildings Doomsday blew away were mostly intact. I think his is the far, far better lightning feat than Thor's. He blew away multiple buildings with lightning alone. Thor has never done that; Jotunheim was mostly blunt-force with some lightning, and the Leviathans were only damaged, not outright destroyed.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Emanresu_20

@shroudofsorrow:

Well for one, those Leviathan were clearly getting ripped apart and in the tie in comic he outright one shotted a Leviathan. What does using the Chrysler Building have to with this? How does that take away from the fact that it was Thor’s lightning that he summoned?

Thor didn’t strike the ground in Jotenheim. He summoned his lightning and placed the hilt of Mjolnir on the ground. The lightning then struck it and caused a massive shockwave.

They weren’t mostly intact they were demolished. And Destroying Buildings isn’t more impressive than destroying Leviathans who bulldozed though Skyscrapers.