• 52 results
Posted by JefferydeDucke (302 posts) 11 days, 2 hours ago

Poll: Can mcu thor’s Electrokenesis hurt dceu superman (70 votes)

Yes 59%
No 41%
#1 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

It would probably bother/hurt him but no real damage.

#2 Posted by DammeFavour (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

Did doomsday's hurt him? No and that's a lot more powerful than thor's

#3 Edited by RabumAlal (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Do you mean his dubstep AoE blasts? Those didn’t seem very powerful IIRC.

#4 Posted by CCThor (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

It even can kills him.

#5 Posted by Worldofthunder (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol no

#6 Posted by Darkthunder (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Doomsday's electricity failed to do anything to batman dude

#7 Posted by Richubs (4708 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal:

They destroyed a few decent amount of blocks and buildings.

However it still didn't seem to be lightning actually. I guess Thor's lightning can move and throw him off balance but hurting is something I don't think it'll do. Superman has already taken other energy attacks that are comparable and they didn't cause any issues.

#8 Posted by DammeFavour (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: yea cos none of it hit batman or do you want to claim batman is as durable as the city blocks that got levelled? I can also claim rocket tanked thor's cloak while he was sitting on his shoulder but we both know what PIS is.

@rabumalal: levelling city blocks in an instant is not impressive? Well it's certainly better than anything thor's lightning has ever achieved

#9 Posted by DammeFavour (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: yea cos none of it hit batman or do you want to claim batman is as durable as the city blocks that got levelled? I can also claim rocket tanked thor's cloak while he was sitting on his shoulder but we both know what PIS is.

@rabumalal: levelling city blocks in an instant is not impressive? Well it's certainly better than anything thor's lightning has ever achieved

#10 Posted by Johndeyvido (308 posts) - - Show Bio

If heat vision can hurt him then Thor's lightning should hurt him too.

#11 Posted by Johndeyvido (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

1. An AOE is different from a concentrated blast that said Thor's lightning busted sokovia.

#12 Posted by DammeFavour (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

@johndeyvido: lol....thor's lightning didn't bust sokovia, it overloaded the core. Stop reaching

#13 Posted by Johndeyvido (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

You can downplay the feat all you want but he has done similar albeit on a much smaller scale when he levelled a small portion of a forest in avengers by hitting Cap's shield.

He supplied the energy via his lightning to bust up sokovia...SIMPLE

DD's shtick was more of a shockwave not actual lightning as Supes and WW was just pushed back by the shock wave so it's not an energy attack.

#14 Posted by DonWayneII (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@johndeyvido: It's not downplaying when its fact earth doesn't conduct electricity so tell me how Thor "busted Sokovia"

#15 Edited by LuminousHydra (650 posts) - - Show Bio

It would harm him the same way static electricity would harm any normal person.

he feels the zap, then proceeds to punch Thor to death.

#16 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9358 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably.

#17 Posted by zendous (19 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thor is magic yes as Superman is weak to magical attacks. If memory serves me depending on who is writing Thor at any given time he is magic or advanced space science so it would very based on current interpretation.

#18 Posted by SanoHibiki (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

Fat chance.

#19 Posted by Darkthunder (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: how can you claim that? He was standing right there with ww and the electricity was reaching to her

#20 Posted by Lan_Fan (14722 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning strike? It'd hurt him.

Lightning cloak? No.

#21 Posted by DammeFavour (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: dude, why the need to lie? Batman was standing nowhere close to Clark and Diana, none of the electricity or the Shockwave touched him, he was standing under an indestructible PIS slab, know why I called it that, because the electricity was levelling entire blocks made of that same slab but somehow couldn't damage the one that had batman under it

@johndeyvido: nobody is downplaying it,you just like reaching, if what you claimed was remotely true, he wouldn't have a problem with hela or any of the other enemies he's fought, his lightning hasn't even been able to destroy a building but you think it can damage a 2km landmass?

Doomsday electrical emissions supplied both electricity and a very powerful Shockwave. A Shockwave powerful enough to completely immobilize Diana and Clark and electricity that lit up superman's forearm and Diana's shield, you would have to be blind or just ignorant to not have notice the electricity on the screen

HINT: it's the orange stuff

#22 Edited by yeimsick (638 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

He tanks it without effort Doomsday lightning > Thor lightning

#23 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@yeimsick: Batman was right next to Superman and he survived it too by jumping behind some rubble.

#25 Posted by incursion2 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#26 Posted by Darkthunder (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: so can you show me if even one bolt of electricity touched superman

#27 Posted by Darkthunder (2610 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by ThunderPrince (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, unless someone can show me Clark no-selling an attack that tears through metal that can no-sell crashing into the ground at reentry level speeds.

#29 Posted by CocaColaMan (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor’s Lightning has multiple feats on the multi-building level. So I’d say yes.

#30 Posted by Johndeyvido (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

Your logic is laughable. It's not me claiming when it was shown on-screen with narration.

Thor has always fought people above him in power unlike Clark who fought weaker foes and one that was stronger than him killed him. Thor losing against people stronger than him isn't an anti-feat so stop using that to lowball him.

Thor's sokovia feat is legit. There were three factors; vibranium, IM's heatseal and Thor's hammer infused with lightning and unless you want to claim vibranium has explosive properties and was overloaded(even when the vibranium was still intact after the destruction) or iron man blew it up, then Thor's lightning supplied the energy to bust the city.

#31 Edited by DammeFavour (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

@johndeyvido: my logic is laughable? You're not even watching the movie to actually Guage the evidence provided, Noone I'd going to claim that vibranium is explosive, when I say he overloaded the core, I mean the energy you can clearly see glowing throughout the landmass (the blue one) in the core, connected to all the thrusters with tunnels running through the entire structure. So let me correct your equation, there were 4 factors, iron man heat seal meant to contain the reaction (to keep it doubling back), the energy supplied from the core (this enabled the city to float), thor's lightning to overload it and the vibranium for its reflective property (the doubling back shtick).

About the Thor part, that's a lot of stupid excuses, if Thor could indeed destroy a 2km landmass on his own, he would have one-shot or completely destroyed his opponents, doesn't matter how much stronger you keep insisting they are since none of them have durability on that level

#32 Posted by GXrevs06 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark bathes in it. It tickles him at best.

#33 Posted by macleen (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06 said:

Clark bathes in it. It tickles him at best.

#34 Posted by Batman242 (11903 posts) - - Show Bio

If he's using a huge lightning bolt like he did on Hela, yes.

Otherwise, not really.

#35 Posted by yeimsick (638 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: Did you not watch the video i linked? please show me Thor destroying a small town with lightning.

#36 Posted by Darkthunder (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

@yeimsick said:

@darkthunder: Did you not watch the video i linked? please show me Thor destroying a small town with lightning.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

I think these will suffice

#37 Posted by BOC (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

Using Batman to discredit DD's energy release is some serious lowball. And saying Thor was capable of destroying Sokovia on his own is some serious highball. There were clearly many other factors in that scenario. Post #31 explains it well. Not to mention it was a lightning amped strike which isn't the same as a lightning attack.

OT: Apart from his greatest blasts, not really. His lightning cloak specifically would be very ineffective.

#38 Posted by Johndeyvido (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

But the 'core' is vibranium and vibranium doesn't have explosive properties and the anti-gravity tech that allowed the city to float was turned off, that's why it was falling.

Thor hasn't used that level of attack against an opponent cos he requires to charge the attack which is difficult to do whilst fighting.

#39 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4906 posts) - - Show Bio

A concentrated high end lightning blast would hurt him but his normal lightning cloak wouldn’t damage him at all.

#40 Edited by DammeFavour (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

@johndeyvido: the anti grav tech was rigged to flip, this was literally stated in the movie. So no it was not turned off. Just watch the movie man before commenting further

I mean when the factors that enabled sokovia was removed, him charging up his lightning only destroyed a balcony didn't it?

#41 Posted by Rijehu (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurt Superman? NO. The most powerful of blasts may stagger him, but hurt him? NO.

#42 Edited by SirPounce (63 posts) - - Show Bio

No. His strongest attack only stunned Hela and Superman has better energy durability. His lightning cloak does nothing.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
#43 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Heatforce (6266 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure but Thor would need to bring the big bolts. Supes already has a feat of withstanding Doomsday's omnidirectional attack which appeared to have an electrical component.

#45 Posted by Diesani (38 posts) - - Show Bio

It tickles him. Superman is nuke level

#46 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@diesani said:

It tickles him. Superman is nuke level

This. MCU Thor's lightning is pretty weak honestly. At least as of AoU. Does he have any noteworthy lightning feats in Ragnarok?

#47 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

Doomsday’s blast only destroyed a few buildings that were already damaged. Thor’s lighting has much better feat including Jotenhiem and destroying multiple Leviathans.

Also even though he didn’t destroy Sokovia Iron man said he Cracked the Vibranium Core.

#48 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

Doomsday’s blast only destroyed a few buildings that were already damaged. Thor’s lighting has much better feat including Jotenhiem and destroying multiple Leviathans.

Also even though he didn’t destroy Sokovia Iron man said he Cracked the Vibranium Core.

That never happened. He did surface damage to the Leviathans. He only obliterated the smaller Chitauri ships. Also, he was using the Chrysler Building as a giant superconductor at the time. As for Jotunheim, that was not solely his lightning, it was also him striking the ground with his hammer, so it was a mix of blunt force and lightning, not just the lightning. He also did not literally destroy all of Jotunheim, as the area is still at least somewhat intact when Loki visits it later.

Finally, the buildings Doomsday blew away were mostly intact. I think his is the far, far better lightning feat than Thor's. He blew away multiple buildings with lightning alone. Thor has never done that; Jotunheim was mostly blunt-force with some lightning, and the Leviathans were only damaged, not outright destroyed.

#49 Posted by ganon15 (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow:

Well for one, those Leviathan were clearly getting ripped apart and in the tie in comic he outright one shotted a Leviathan. What does using the Chrysler Building have to with this? How does that take away from the fact that it was Thor’s lightning that he summoned?

Thor didn’t strike the ground in Jotenheim. He summoned his lightning and placed the hilt of Mjolnir on the ground. The lightning then struck it and caused a massive shockwave.

They weren’t mostly intact they were demolished. And Destroying Buildings isn’t more impressive than destroying Leviathans who bulldozed though Skyscrapers.