Can mcu thor survive bvs nuke explosion ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He could probably take the destructive force(albeit he'll be KO'd) but the extreme temps produced from nuclear fusion will burn him to a crisp. He also has no feats to suggest that he can survive the high levels of radiation at GZ.

So no, he cannot survive.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He survived sokovia and the bifrost exploding so he might be able to. I think his best feat is tanking Odin spear. That spear completely vaporized the frost giant king and we know how durable frost giants are. Loki is one and he has excellent durability feats.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@captain_batman_ftw:

I already stated that he will get incinerated because he doesn't have the feats to suggest he can take the heat, but he has feats to hint that he should be able to take the impact / force.

Also, just throwing it out - he tanked without damage, IM's lasers which can melt steel he has also beein in contact with his own lightning several times without scratch. Not saying these are anywhere near nuke level or something like that or that translates to him being able to take Nuke without getting half-vaporised.

I think he can take the impact force but not the heat, atleast not from the feats he has now.

@batman242:

Not sure why you brought up the video, the vibranium in the machine would bounce back most of the impact back on thor's face. Not only will that make the impact more concentrated but also likely stronger.

Also, I'm not even going to argue about how the "city busting" feat happened unless i'm in a CaV because it is exhausting , repetetive and boring.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly but I strongly doubt it.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: dude.....we already saw the impact vibranium has on thor. He got knocked back in the avengers. He got knocked out in age of ultron. He didn't tank anything. Once the lightning connected, I'm pretty sure he got knocked out

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

I already stated that he will get incinerated because he doesn't have the feats to suggest he can take the heat, but he has feats to hint that he should be able to take the impact / force.

Also, just throwing it out - he tanked without damage, IM's lasers which can melt steel he has also beein in contact with his own lightning several times without scratch. Not saying these are anywhere near nuke level or something like that or that translates to him being able to take Nuke without getting half-vaporised.

I think he can take the impact force but not the heat, atleast not from the feats he has now.

@batman242:

Not sure why you brought up the video, the vibranium in the machine would bounce back most of the impact back on thor's face. Not only will that make the impact more concentrated but also likely stronger.

Also, I'm not even going to argue about how the "city busting" feat happened unless i'm in a CaV because it is exhausting , repetetive and boring.

I brought it up because it's effectively what happened on Sokovia; an underground explosion. The only thing that bounced back into his face was the strike he landed on the spire, you know, much like when he hit Cap's shield.

You just said Tony didn't 'overload' it when he says that he would. The lightning that it absorbed and some of the kinetic energy were sent down the spire and exploded at it's core due to Tony 'capping the other end'.

The video is entirely relevant because an explosion underground is not as effective as one above.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@apex_pretador: Completely vaporized, not half-vaporized.

maybe, but I think he might be able to survive.

Actually, I dont think we will even know if he actually can, because MCU won;t nuke him.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Dre_Savage

I don't recall Thor dealing with explosions in the 4 movies he's been in. He's caused shockwaves and such with Mjolnir slams, but he hasn't been caught in any significant explosions. He's been bludgeoned by Kurse, which to ME, MCU Kurse's hits being more forceful than a nuke's explosion, I honestly don't think so. Def hard hits, but nukes blow with the force to level cities. Kurse's punches against Thor MAY have knocked down a building (IF that), so honestly, with no PIS, he dies.

But ASSUMING he doesn't die, Doomsday kills him. He could potentially deflect Mjolnir away too. I think he was a notch above Kurse. Once Mjolnir-less, Thor gets stomped. He was rag dolled by Banner and Kurse without Mjolnir, DD will be no different. Add in his blasts, and Thor dies in like 5-10mins (unless he fights smart, keeping distance whilst relying on retrieving Mjolnir throws and lightning blast). But he'll eventually go in close, and then he dies, always.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Can MCU Thor even survive being in space?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the Bifrost and Sokovia explosions Thor survives that.

Based on his fight with Kurse, he probably doesn't survive with Doomsday before the Avengers arrive.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Not even close

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: idk tbh could anyone please answer it

Technically speaking, Clark wasn't in 'space' yet. All times he was really high up, he was still in our atmosphere and more specifically, the exosphere. We really have to speculate whether or not he can fly in space because it seems as though their flight comes from the manipulating gravity around them.... Almost like a low form of TK.

As for Thor? Doubt it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Pretty sure he would have been outside the atmosphere in MoS when he was on Zod's ship, no?

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He dies

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.Nuke will kill thor.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Pretty sure he would have been outside the atmosphere in MoS when he was on Zod's ship, no?

Almost sure that would've been the exosphere. After all, satellite's operate around that range. But then again, This was Kryptonian technology broadcasting to Earth. I've explained how high he was at the point of impact and that may just be at the same or even above the height of the ship.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@krleavenger said:

@brucerogers: I'm not one of those fanboys who think MCU Thor would beat DCEU Superman but I have to say, Thor was still KOed but Superman was "killed".

Superman wasn't killed. After the nuke, Doomsday re-entered but Superman didn't. Guess why? Because he was floating farther away to get som sunlight. The fact that this happened just goes to show how he wasn't dead.

I am not sure how you came up with that conclusion. Superman was clearly floating lifelessly until he just happened to stumble upon some sunlight and Doomsday re-entering earth had more to do with him being hit by the nuke in the first place.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw said:
@krleavenger said:

@brucerogers: I'm not one of those fanboys who think MCU Thor would beat DCEU Superman but I have to say, Thor was still KOed but Superman was "killed".

Superman wasn't killed. After the nuke, Doomsday re-entered but Superman didn't. Guess why? Because he was floating farther away to get som sunlight. The fact that this happened just goes to show how he wasn't dead.

I am not sure how you came up with that conclusion. Superman was clearly floating lifelessly until he just happened to stumble upon some sunlight and Doomsday re-entering earth had more to do with him being hit by the nuke in the first place.

Superman and Doomsday was at the exact same place so what you're saying doesn't make sense. Both Superman and Doomsday were still within the reach of the gravitational pull of the Earth, yet Superman floated upwards to reach some sunlight. @petey_is_spidey can further explain as he once did. Or it was Batman242 that showed that the two characters weren't out of the atmoshpere yet, hence how they were still under the effects of Earth's gravitational pull.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@krleavenger said:

There's no other logical explanation besides Superman was still conscious. If he was not, he would have fell back to Earth. Likewise, if he was killed, no amount of Solar Radiation would have been enough to revive his dead body (Reason why Zod didn't come back to life). Even if he was mortally wounded, as he was when he was impaled by DD, he would have went into a comatose state, instead of just being revived with a little dose of sun.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, MCU Thor is more durable than DCEU Supes atm.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, the question is whether he can survive the Nuke?

HEELLLLLLLLL NO! He dies. He literally get's incinerated. There's absolutely NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHINGsuggesting that he could.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Superman, in spite of using Doomsday as a shield of sorts to absorb some of the nuke's output, was killed by it. I see no reason why Thor should survive this

No, no he wasn't. And DD being used as a shield is irrelevant when you realize how a nuke and a fireball works.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#78  Edited By jumpstart55

I have no idea..So ill say Maybe.. MCU Thor like DCEU Supes is extremely durable to explosions and powerful projectiles/ high powered plasma attacks..Their skin is like steel) unless being overpowered by a being of equal or greater stregth and even then they rarely bleed...But i,m not quite sure if Thor is nuke durable..Hes never encountered an explosion on that level before..I guess ill have to wait until Thor: Ragnarok to see if he gets any greater durability feats.

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: really? But supes survived from dd hv without a scratch? Thor stabbed by loki's knife and bloody bruised by mcu kurse And ultron

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: really? But supes survived from dd hv without a scratch? Thor stabbed by loki's knife and bloody bruised by mcu kurse And ultron

What's the potency of the heat vision?

Thor survived an island level explosion mid blank.

Loki's knife is magic + asgardian steel, fodder asgardian can break knife from earth metal with their hands.

Kurse is by far the physically strongest being in MCU, nothing to be ashamed of to get bloodied by him.

It's like saying Superman is weak because he was hurt by Doomsday.

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werkudoro said:

We really have to speculate whether or not he can fly in space because it seems as though their flight comes from the manipulating gravity around them.... Almost like a low form of TK.

He can fly in space

No Caption Provided

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@batman242 said:
@werkudoro said:

We really have to speculate whether or not he can fly in space because it seems as though their flight comes from the manipulating gravity around them.... Almost like a low form of TK.

He can fly in space

No Caption Provided

Also, gravity extends up to the moon, which is why the moon doesn't go off flying into the sun. There are also small amounts of air particles at those altitudes, and there are even air particles on the moon.

So if his flight does work by controlling gravity or the air molecules around him, technically he'd still be able to fly in space as long as he's close to a large enough mass, like the Earth.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarreiko said:
@batman242 said:
@werkudoro said:

He can fly in space

No Caption Provided

Also, gravity extends up to the moon, which is why the moon doesn't go off flying into the sun. There are also small amounts of air particles at those altitudes, and there are even air particles on the moon.

So if his flight does work by controlling gravity or the air molecules around him, technically he'd still be able to fly in space as long as he's close to a large enough mass, like the Earth.

If he does manipulate gravity to fly then it doesn't matter where he is he should still be able to do it beacuse there isn't a place in the entire universe where there isn't any gravity, even in the very depth of space.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242 said:
@werkudoro said:

He can fly in space

No Caption Provided

That's more than likely the exosphere and not space. He was in the exosphere when he was hit by the nuke and this height seems to be no different.

@werkudoro said:

Loki's knife is magic + asgardian steel, fodder asgardian can break knife from earth metal with their hands.

Kurse is by far the physically strongest being in MCU, nothing to be ashamed of to get bloodied by him.

Not exactly sure.

No he didn't.

No it's not magic. Magic isn't in the MCU.

That's debatable. On top of this, Thor was bloodied by the boulder he threw, not his fists. He was also bruised by the pillar Ultron threw at him.

Given all the context behind it, it's not far fetched. Besides, his punches were sending both Clark and Diana flying fast enough to make sonic booms.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: You are comparing temperature durability. AGAIN! I'm talking about blunt force and energy durability.

Plasma and Infrared radiation IS energy, soooo.......

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By KrleAvenger

@petey_is_spidey: Energy attacks are conbination of temperature and blunt force.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: well, hv vision tear building apart

Building level is weaker than Thor in his first movie.

No he didn't.

Why not?

Magic is in the MCU:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-scott-derrickson-magic-science-mcu/

Even if it's not magic per say, it's properties are indistinguishable from magic.

Whatever "science" explains Thor's Mjhonir, Odin take his power away, Loki's illusion explains his knife.

That's debatable. On top of this, Thor was bloodied by the boulder he threw, not his fists. He was also bruised by the pillar Ultron threw at him.

Yeah bolders and pillars threw by a superhuman monster, Superman was also injured and knocked out by truck thrown by kyptonians.

Given all the context behind it, it's not far fetched. Besides, his punches were sending both Clark and Diana flying fast enough to make sonic booms.

That's not too impressive

Consider the mass of Superman or Wonderwoman to be around 200lb, them accelerate to sound speed let's say in half a second, the amount of force is below 10 ton force.

You can tweak the numbers a little, but it doesn't really make them more impressive than Supe or Thor's regular strength.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Possibly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarreiko said:
@batman242 said:
@werkudoro said:

He can fly in space

No Caption Provided

That's more than likely the exosphere and not space. He was in the exosphere when he was hit by the nuke and this height seems to be no different.

@katanalauncher said:
@werkudoro said:

Not exactly sure.

No he didn't.

That looks much further out than exosphere. Even then, it may as well be space. The atmosphere at that height is practically non-existent.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher:

Why not?

Because the explosion happened at the core of the spire and not the top. An explosion underground is not as devastating as one above.

Magic is in the MCU:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-scott-derrickson-magic-science-mcu/

Even if it's not magic per say, it's properties are indistinguishable from magic.

Whatever "science" explains Thor's Mjhonir, Odin take his power away, Loki's illusion explains his knife.

Yes, something beyond our scientific understanding.

Yeah bolders and pillars threw by a superhuman monster, Superman was also injured and knocked out by truck thrown by kyptonians.

When? He's at most been stunned. Not once has his body been scratched by anything he's encountered, much like Thor. Even when he was weakened his body still withstood things that would kill a person.

That's not too impressive

When has Thor taken a punch that can send him flying at mach speeds?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers said:
@krleavenger said:

Superman and Doomsday was at the exact same place so what you're saying doesn't make sense. Both Superman and Doomsday were still within the reach of the gravitational pull of the Earth, yet Superman floated upwards to reach some sunlight. @petey_is_spidey can further explain as he once did. Or it was Batman242 that showed that the two characters weren't out of the atmoshpere yet, hence how they were still under the effects of Earth's gravitational pull.

I deduced that he would've been around 560 mi above ground in this here thread. That's still exosphere area.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By katanalauncher

@batman242:

Because the explosion happened at the core of the spire and not the top. An explosion underground is not as devastating as one above.

Energy expands, since the blast is strong enough to pulverized the entire land mass it will have to reach the top.

You can pretty much see the entire landmass being pulverized, including the top
You can pretty much see the entire landmass being pulverized, including the top

Yes, something beyond our scientific understanding.

Exactly, call is "asgardian science", magic based on science or nanomachines.

Point is it's sci fi power beyond our understanding, it pretty much won't make a different whether it's call magic or not.

When? He's at most been stunned. Not once has his body been scratched by anything he's encountered, much like Thor. Even when he was weakened his body still withstood things that would kill a person.

Being stunned is quite a bit worse than being scratched, the nuke didn't scratch superman yet almost killed him.

You can argue that he have thicker skins, or his healing factor insta heal his wounds.

The point is that aboulder/pillar that hurt Thor because of the force of the person behind it.

I doubt Superman could be knocked out by a truck falling on top of him, just like I doubt Thor could be hurt by a boulder/pillar falling on him.

Fact still remain that Thor have tanked stronger attack than the nuke tanked by Supe.

The largest nuke in US's stokepile is around 1.2 megaton, and the explosion that pulverized Sokovia even at low end is larger than 50 megaton, and could be into gigaton range.

When has Thor taken a punch that can send him flying at mach speeds?

There are few instances, in fact Thor's mjolnir can hit up to triple mach range.

But that's not the point.

The point is just because it sends someone flying at mach speed, doesn't mean it's that impressive.

Since like I calculated in previous post it's only around 10 tons of force to accelerate someone at mach speed in half a second, it's less that Thor or Supe's regular strikes.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher:

Energy expands, since the blast is strong enough to pulverized the entire land mass it will have to reach the top.

There's still tons of dirt and rubble that were seen later falling from the mass. It didn't vaporize everything. The dirt in the way suppressed the energy substantially.

Exactly, call is "asgardian science", magic based on science or nanomachines.

Point is it's sci fi power beyond our understanding, it pretty much won't make a different whether it's call magic or not.

We don't understand Kryptonian technology or physiology. Can we say 'therefore magic'?

Being stunned is quite a bit worse than being scratched, the nuke didn't scratch superman yet almost killed him.

So Thor being scratched by a boulder is better than Superman surviving a nuclear explosion in his face?

You can argue that he have thicker skins, or his healing factor insta heal his wounds.

Thicker skin it is. His skin has went through a lot more than Thor's has and has yet to be breached. The only wound he's ever gotten is from the Kryptonite spear and that one time the bot hit him in the ship in the first film.

The point is that aboulder/pillar that hurt Thor because of the force of the person behind it.

The boulder could have generated just as much force falling. The results would have been the same.

I doubt Superman could be knocked out by a truck falling on top of him, just like I doubt Thor could be hurt by a boulder/pillar falling on him.

If it falls from far enough it would. Let me give you an example. DD produced a lot more force smashing the stone on Clark than he would've thrown it, because his strength was behind it the entire time. Kruse would've probably done more damage if he jumped and smashed the boulder over Thor instead.

Fact still remain that Thor have tanked stronger attack than the nuke tanked by Supe.

Nope. That came from underground.

The point is just because it sends someone flying at mach speed, doesn't mean it's that impressive.

Why would it not? That's an indication of how much force is behind the punch. People use the distance a hit sends others as an estimation to the force used all the time. This is no different.

Point is; he hasn't taken anything like this to the face and there isn't much in the way of proof to say that he'd survive that much heat or radiation.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By katanalauncher

@batman242: There's still tons of dirt and rubble that were seen later falling from the mass. It didn't vaporize everything. The dirt in the way suppressed the energy substantially.

I didn't say vaporize, I said pulverize.

"Pulverization" d:to reduce to dust or powder -dictionary.com

Vaporization would easily make it atleast in gigaton range, to give it perspective it would put him as top tier One Piece in terms of durability.

We don't understand Kryptonian technology or physiology. Can we say 'therefore magic'?

Call it whatever you want, since that's beyond my point.

So Thor being scratched by a boulder is better than Superman surviving a nuclear explosion in his face?

How did you come to that conclusion from what I said?

In terms of how much it damaged the character Thor took less damage from the boulders vs Superman from the nuke.

The point is the nuke almost killed him yet didn't leave any scratches, as to why it's dumb to compare durability from scratches a character take.

Thicker skin it is. His skin has went through a lot more than Thor's has and has yet to be breached. The only wound he's ever gotten is from the Kryptonite spear and that one time the bot hit him in the ship in the first film.

Yeah I'll agree that Supe have thicker skins, but ultimately it doesn't mean he's more durable. Since a megaton of force didn't scratch his skin but still almost killed him.

The boulder could have generated just as much force falling. The results would have been the same.

What do you mean? Do you mean that Thor would've been hurt by just a boulder falling on top of him instead of thrown by a hulkish monster?

If it falls from far enough it would. Let me give you an example.

Sure, maybe if it fell from orbit.

DD produced a lot more force smashing the stone on Clark than he would've thrown it, because his strength was behind it the entire time. Kruse would've probably done more damage if he jumped and smashed the boulder over Thor instead.

I agree, but it have nothing to do with my point.

The point is just because a truck/boulder hurt Supe/Thor, doesn't mean the it's the weight of the truck/boulder rather than the thrower itself.

Nope. That came from underground.

Already proven you wrong about that, the blast covered the entire section of the landmass, Thor was also accelerated massively from the landmass falling due to gravity+Ironman's replusors. So it's likely he fell to the center and tanking the blast at the center.

Why would it not? That's an indication of how much force is behind the punch. People use the distance a hit sends others as an estimation to the force used all the time. This is no different.

Yeah, and with rough estimates it's below 10 tons of force, unless you can provide a calc with vastly different result it's pointless.

You can use it as a feat, it's just not a very impressive feat without context.

Avatar image for sleeping_and_eating
sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man survived the Sokovia explosion as well. The blast wave traveled downwards towards him and blasted him in the air. Probably similar to how the initial explosion or blast wave knocked Thor into the air. Neither of them took the full brunt of the explosion. Also the Bifrost explosion isn't that impressive considering Loki also survived it at point blank range.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He already survived a more powerful explosion (Sokovia) so I don´t see why not.

This thread is literally pointless, it is almost a fact that he can survive it, the most powerful nuke in the world can´t cause the amount of damage the Sokovia explosion caused.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He survived Sokovia, he could possibly survive the nuke especially since nukes aren't as potent in space.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 juiceboks  Moderator

Of course not, and the blast that blew apart a chunk of Sokovia doesn't compare.