Can Invincible (comic) statue bullets?

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I personally think he can easily and do much more than that in his peak combat speed but many think he‘s around supersonic at best...

Early asf Invincible goes from deep inside a mall to his house/room to get a box of comics and back in the space between words.
Early asf Invincible goes from deep inside a mall to his house/room to get a box of comics and back in the space between words.

Could he statue bullets? If so, what would his limit be in combat/perception speed at EoS?

JOSHN05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly haven't seen any combat speed feats to suggest that he can statue bullets, but he has travel speed feats way above bullet speeds.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yh. Logically he should. But he doesn't have any feats on that level

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AKZ

@killianduclark: @joshn05: what abt the feat shown in OP or scaling him above Omni man who blitzed red rush (who travelled all around a city in russia and defeated 3 villains in the space between one of the words of his wife’s sentence) or even invincible keeping pace with and reacting in time with a LS ray whilst only having to fly 50-60 miles down at that speed (SoL)?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don’t mean to be rude at all. But please stop tagging me in all these invincible topics. I’m fine with it being a battle thread, but all these others ones aren’t necessary.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stand by what Kirkmen wrote. Mark speed reaction is limited to time dialation. So how fast he goes depends how fast he is moving. It makes sense story wise and it is supported by the writer. So he can statue bullets as long he is moving faster than them by a good degree.

As stated by Mark himself if he holds back he is slower including reactions.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But then again he does catch a small baseball traveling around the world at mach 1000 plus without using super speed at all.....

Funny how people forget this important feat....

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At top speed, yes. KaijuKing explained it pretty well.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stand by what Kirkmen wrote. Mark speed reaction is limited to time dialation. So how fast he goes depends how fast he is moving. It makes sense story wise and it is supported by the writer. So he can statue bullets as long he is moving faster than them by a good degree.

Hmmmm. But what abt Amazon omni man snapping straight into statue mode? I mean the show is directed and produced by Kirkman so...

Also does that mean mark can just shake his head mach 1000 or smt and gain the slowed down perception?LOL

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By seastone98

Yeah but he doesn't need 2 invulnerability is one of his main abilities

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@kaijuking said:

Hmmmm. But what abt Amazon omni man snapping straight into statue mode? I mean the show is directed and produced by Kirkman so...

Also does that mean mark can just shake his head mach 1000 or smt and gain the slowed down perception?LOL

The problem is the show is not canon to the comics. Its technically its own version. If the show was a accurate retelling and beat for beat with the comic that be one thing. Like how some Animes do like Hellsing Ultimate Anime is exact beat for beat the Manga. Not the case here. So they are different versions all intents and purpose for Battle Thread arguments.

As I said only one real speed feat comes to mind in comic is the baseball feat. I say we need to blame Kirkmen and the Artist for not giving us Battle Thread nerds better comic feats lol. As it stands 99% of the statements and feats suggest Mark only has good reaction if he is actively using his speed.

AreneaCaulem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if he can catch a baseball, I'm sure he can catch some bullets.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@kaijuking said:

The problem is the show is not canon to the comics. Its technically its own version. If the show was a accurate retelling and beat for beat with the comic that be one thing. Like how some Animes do like Hellsing Ultimate Anime is exact beat for beat the Manga. Not the case here. So they are different versions all intents and purpose for Battle Thread arguments.

I remember u using comic handbooks as a an argument for show omni man, I don’t see why they’d that diff if it’s the same guy writing it, it’s a vital change too.

As I said only one real speed feat comes to mind in comic is the baseball feat. I say we need to blame Kirkmen and the Artist for not giving us Battle Thread nerds better comic feats lol. As it stands 99% of the statements and feats suggest Mark only has good reaction if he is actively using his speed.

What does that even mean? Does it mean he can’t activate statue mode unless he flies around a bit at high speeds? If so, how‘d he complete the feat in the OP where he statues every1 at the mall and goes to his house and back in like a millisecond, he didn’t build up speed there, he just went straight away and back. Tbh I think they naturally experience time dilation beyond their control when going at high speeds and can activate normal statue mode in their control, I mean the handbook left a lot of things out.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t mean timing bullets but statuing em in his slowed perception.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah but he doesn't need 2 invulnerability is one of his main abilities

This thread was just to know what others think of his combat speed.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

AreneaCaulem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@areneacaulem said:

oh, you mean his reaction time. yes, I'm still positive he has the reaction time, you said he timing the ball, but you seem to forget he has to move his hand and determine where it will be to catch it.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@areneacaulem said:

oh, you mean his reaction time. yes, I'm still positive he has the reaction time, you said he timing the ball, but you seem to forget he has to move his hand and determine where it will be to catch it.

Ik ik, the way u said it made out like he could only bullet time, the question was if he could statue em.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

I remember u using comic handbooks as a an argument for show omni man, I don’t see why they’d that diff if it’s the same guy writing it, it’s a vital change too.

I did, but its also easy for a nay sayer to combat my propose point by simply saying, not canon to TV show. Thats the rub.

What does that even mean? Does it mean he can’t activate statue mode unless he flies around a bit at high speeds?

Flies, moves, ect. Yes.

If so, how‘d he complete the feat in the OP where he statues every1 at the mall and goes to his house and back in like a millisecond, he didn’t build up speed there, he just went straight away and back.

He was moving at super speeds. Thus he has then his super perceptions.

Tbh I think they naturally experience time dilation beyond their control when going at high speeds and can activate normal statue mode in their control, I mean the handbook left a lot of things out.

It did, and thats why we as fans have the messes we have to deal with. Kirkmen is Awesome, one of, no, is my fav Comic writer. He still not one who writes or have artist showcase feats of speed well. It is what it is. Which is why we have this thread now you know. I feel the TV show will showcase speed more, and hopefully over next few years people will associate the show speeds with comics so we dont have this issue no more.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: if he was moving at super speeds at straight off the bat then he can activate it right? Otherwise he’d have crashed all around the mall to pick up necessary speeds to activate statue? Kirkman is gonna do another official AMA on Reddit invincible so I’ve a handful of questions to ask him about this and for him to officially confirm invincible to be at least moon level by intent, I mean last time (in the last AMA just b4 the show started) I asked abt the crossover tick feat which he replied to be canon and valid.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kaijuking

@akz said:

@kaijuking: if he was moving at super speeds at straight off the bat then he can activate it right? Otherwise he’d have crashed all around the mall to pick up necessary speeds to activate statue? Kirkman is gonna do another official AMA on Reddit invincible so I’ve a handful of questions to ask him about this and for him to officially confirm invincible to be at least moon level by intent, I mean last time (in the last AMA just b4 the show started) I asked abt the crossover tick feat which he replied to be canon and valid.

Yes, that would go a LONG way for us battle thread nerds to get answers from the man himself.

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:

Yes, that would go a LONG way for us battle thread nerds to get answers from the man himself.

Pretty sure ppl like impulse and Karkus will still try lowball.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should be able to, yea.