Can DCEU Supes tank this attack?

• 120 results
Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can DCEU Supes tank this attack? (66 votes)

Yes,easily. 11%
Gets injured, but not dead. 15%
Lol no. 74%
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:
@the_fallen_lord said:
@heatforce said:

Superman could certainly hold the stone. I'm not sure he would survive the blast but he is being underestimated here. Superman shifted a tectonic plate to avert a devastating earthquake so that's country level. Wouldn't a country level asteroid be considered a life wiper?

He could definitely hold the stone, yes, probably longer than Ronan did, but he's not taking an attack that has the power to destroy a planet.

the attack that hit Ronan would not have blown up a planet, and the question is if Superman would survive that attack, meaning that same energy output, not the attack the Celectial did

The thread is not asking if Superman would survive the same energy output, it's asking if he'd survive the attack and the answer to that is NO.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@mrnoital said:
@the_fallen_lord said:
@heatforce said:

Superman could certainly hold the stone. I'm not sure he would survive the blast but he is being underestimated here. Superman shifted a tectonic plate to avert a devastating earthquake so that's country level. Wouldn't a country level asteroid be considered a life wiper?

He could definitely hold the stone, yes, probably longer than Ronan did, but he's not taking an attack that has the power to destroy a planet.

the attack that hit Ronan would not have blown up a planet, and the question is if Superman would survive that attack, meaning that same energy output, not the attack the Celectial did

The thread is not asking if Superman would survive the same energy output, it's asking if he'd survive the attack and the answer to that is NO.

you keep calling it an attack that would destroy the planet, and thats just not true

this(which instantly vaporizes people)

GIF

and this

GIF

are not the same, get over it, the guardians of the galaxy could not deliver a planet destroying attack, stop claiming thats what it is

its like people with rockets "moon busting gun" that couldn't blow up a room

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@the_fallen_lord:look at the explosions they made, exactly the same kinda thing, and no, I'm saying the explosion that blew up the building might be the same amount of energy that was used to beat Ronan focused just on him, so if the attack that Superman needs to survive is this one

focused purely on him I have no doubt Superman tanks it no problem, just like this

obviously it effects you differently if your holding it vs being attacked by it, but if it kills you it causes the same kind of explosion

and you need to be powerful enough to give more powerful blasts just how the Celestial was destroying the planet instantly, yet it took several seconds for Ronan to take damage, they were clearly outputting less power than a Celestials full powered use of the stone, from the way they were attacking Ronan, it doesn't seem like they could destroy the city before being destroyed themselves

Even if your point is correct Superman tanking that explosion with no problem would not be the case. The capitol building explosion is clearly weaker than the one caused by the girl. It is then focused into a single body. When a bomb explodes you don't get hit by its full power, because it is omnidirectional. Supes would have tanked a small amount of that blast. Concentrated blast are always more deadly. The theory that it depends on the user for energy output is flawed. If this were the case, Ronan's hammer would have be destroyed trying to destroy the planet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Mrnoital

@superhero24 said:
@mrnoital said:

@the_fallen_lord:look at the explosions they made, exactly the same kinda thing, and no, I'm saying the explosion that blew up the building might be the same amount of energy that was used to beat Ronan focused just on him, so if the attack that Superman needs to survive is this one

focused purely on him I have no doubt Superman tanks it no problem, just like this

obviously it effects you differently if your holding it vs being attacked by it, but if it kills you it causes the same kind of explosion

and you need to be powerful enough to give more powerful blasts just how the Celestial was destroying the planet instantly, yet it took several seconds for Ronan to take damage, they were clearly outputting less power than a Celestials full powered use of the stone, from the way they were attacking Ronan, it doesn't seem like they could destroy the city before being destroyed themselves

Even if your point is correct Superman tanking that explosion with no problem would not be the case. The capitol building explosion is clearly weaker than the one caused by the girl. It is then focused into a single body. When a bomb explodes you don't get hit by its full power, because it is omnidirectional. Supes would have tanked a small amount of that blast. Concentrated blast are always more deadly. The theory that it depends on the user for energy output is flawed. If this were the case, Ronan's hammer would have be destroyed trying to destroy the planet.

I don't know its weaker, it blew through the glass ceiling, vs the concrete one that held back the capitol building, that doesn't mean its stronger, the one at the collectors just faced less resistance and was allowed more room to expand

and its not a theory that it depends on the user for energy output, it's fact, thats why it took someone that wasn't destroyed and falling apart within seconds(he was cracking up, but his skin wasn't falling off like the slave and starlords) it obviously took a weapon to control it the hammer isn't the user, just a tool, hence why it wouldn't be destroyed

and its downright stated that it can only be used by extremely powerful people/a group that once shared its power but were soon destroyed by its power, thats what was happening to the guardians, and their attack was both weaker and slower than the planet buster, so it seems clear that the more powerful the user, the more power they can use it for

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TheNoobStomper

I don't understand what the heck are we arguing about, you have seen the trailer for Infinity War right? (the leaked one) pressumably , Thanos uses the power stone to bust half of that moon/planet thingy on the background and the space stone to bring the debris against the Avengers. So, the power stone is planet busting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: You do realize that the Orb doesn't need to output planet-busting levels of energy to kill Superman, right?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Mrnoital

@the_fallen_lord: yeah, but in this instance it's only outputting enough damage to bust Ronan

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets get something straight, Ares says "Only a god can kill a god" and its legit. Rocket makes a gun, says it can bust a moon and Rocket is automatically wrong. Come on DCEU fans, how does that make any sense?

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets get something straight, Ares says "Only a god can kill a god" and its legit. Rocket makes a gun, says it can bust a moon and Rocket is automatically wrong. Come on DCEU fans, how does that make any sense?

Nobody said it's legit only troll use that statement I think the reason Ares said that is because in his time ie ancient Greek there were no people with superpowers people with superpowers were considered as gods i mean put Supes in ancient Greek they would consider him as a god and worship him

Put DCEU Ares against DCEU Supes or Zod or Doomsday i think they'll will beat kill him

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he said it can bust a moon, but we saw him use it, and it didn't even bust the room, he's not automatically wrong, he was proven wrong

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: He didn't shoot it at a moon, he shot it at a confirmed planet buster who tanked it.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: him using the power of a stone channeled through his hammer says nothing about his durability

he definitely didn't have planet level durability

and a moon busting bomb would cause an explosion the size of a moon, which it didn't

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ThunderPrince

@mrnoital: There is no proof the he didn't have planet level durability or at least moon level. That is simply not how comics work, there have been multiple times in comics where someone gets hit with moon level attacks and it doesn't create a moon level explosion.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: sometimes, but this was a gun that shot a bomb that caused a mushroom cloud like explosion, but it didn't do significant damage the room it happened in

cause its pretty obvious that this

GIF

is not a moon busting attack

maybe rocket was talking about a moon thats 8 feet long

I could buy that busting an 8 foot moon

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: I'm pretty sure that it is, after all in the context of the situation there wasn't really another way to film the scene. Were they supposed to go up to a moon and blow it up before fighting Ronan?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Mrnoital

@thunderprince: they could have shown it causing huge damage, they could have blown up at least half of Ronans ship, then I'd believe it has moon busting capabilities

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish the amount of the power in the scene was more clear this attack is so unquantifiable that I really don't think you can judge either way.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it depends on the user. The celestial was easily able to destroy the planet with a power stone. The only thing that the Guardians of the Galaxy managed to do with the stone was destroy Ronan. There is no way in hell Superman is surviving a planet busting attack, but maybe's it possible that he could survive the attack from the Guardians. That's just an idea I had though.